Team Pasty Muncher takes on the world[rFactor & GTR2]

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Oh wicked!! on top of the standings now not many drivers can say that. Well Done!

Indeed. Still another 24 races to go though! :) I reckon I'll struggle abit round Silverstone in the races though. Got to carry an extra 45 kg in race one which will effect my starting position for race two. Race three will probably be my best chance of good points. Appears my pace without success ballast is quite good. ;)

Practice times
Silverstoneprac.png

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
not the best qualifying position you can get :(. good luck for the race, hopefully you can jump a few places in the grid at the start of the race.

thesweepmaster

County Cricketer
That is disappointing to see you in 7th and Eaves in 11th but that's only because of the extra weight you've got on board, but i'll still back you for a podium finish:).

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Not a great qualifying, but like you said your best chance of getting decent points is in the final race. Like the video of the pole lap :)

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Onslow-Cole takes chequered flag in race one

Tom Onslow-Cole led from lights to flag to win round 7 of the HiQ MSA British Touring Car Championship. The 20 year-old made a fantastic start to get ahead of polesitter Matt Neal and other team-mate Giovanardi, who bogged down off the line. Stephen Bailey used Giovanardi bogging down on the grid to his advantage to shoot into 4th place early on. He would eventually finish 2nd after Matt Neal (13th) ran off the track whilst following team-mate Onslow-Cole and passing Gordon Shedden who ran wide on the entry to the back straight. Shedden ended up 3rd. Mat Jackson drove a good race to work his way up from 9th on the grid to 4th and finish as the leading BMW. Next was Adam Jones, who had a highly dramatic race. The Team Air Cool driver fell to 11th during the early stages, but gradually picked his way through the field to finish an outstanding 5th. Defending champion, Fabrizio Giovanardi, came home in 6th place, never really recovering from his awful start and an off towards the end. Stephen Jelley impressed again finishing ahead of team-mate Colin Turkington as the Team RAC pair ended up in 7th and 8th. Tom Chilton (9th) and Darren Turner (10th) rounded out the point scoring positions after Jason Plato made a rare mistake and dropped from 3rd to 11th.

Race results
SilvR1-1.png

Race pictures
GRAB_006-6.png
GRAB_007-5.png
GRAB_008-4.png

GRAB_009-5.png
GRAB_010-4.png
GRAB_011-4.png

GRAB_012-4.png
GRAB_014-5.png
GRAB_015-7.png

GRAB_040-1.png
GRAB_041-1.png
GRAB_042.png

GRAB_043.png
GRAB_044.png
GRAB_045-1.png

thesweepmaster

County Cricketer
See i did say podium didn't I even though you had the extra weight on the car, stunning performance fella!
Once again your presentation is awesome, so just carry on and keep up the good work!

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Quick change of series. The 2008 SROL WTCC, rounds 13 and 14 at Oulton Park. The videos tell you all you need to know. ;)

Race one with Windows Movie Maker....

Race two with Sony Vegas!
http://blip.tv/file/883705/

Currently lie second in the championship after my third win in race two. The guy who is leading the championship is apparently missing the last two events at Rockingham and Brands Hatch. Although that wouldn't be a great way to win the series, it stills counts. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
If only cricket games were as editable as rfactor! You'd play them for hours if you could make them as competitive it is here. Fantastic stuff as usual.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
First update in a while!

Going to announce that I'm swiching focus, for the moment, to something new in this thread. I will be returning to the BTCC but my knee problems really took the wind out of my sails with that as I really couldn't do much driving at all and now that I can drive more, I'm revisiting my old endurance racing obsession. ;)

I bring you....

TPM takes on the Le Mans Series

And it does it in this, the Aston Martin DBR9. :D

GTR22008-05-2114-25-15-46.png

GTR22008-05-2114-24-11-14.png

GTR22008-05-2114-25-21-62.png

That may not be the final livery yet, I'm still learning about painting skins and various things I can do graphics editing wise.

More details to follow.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Cracking car skin, good to see Gimp's working out for you :)

Highlander999

ICC President
Nice work Stevie. One slight problem. Will you still be able to eat your pasties and drive in a straight line, with the added speed? The Touring Cars don't go too fast so you could manage but now ..... :noway

Users who are viewing this thread