Teams and Stadiums

Chuckles1991

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ive been viewing different threads today, especially on the art of cricket and signed up to get involved in the discussion. Anyways, the progress looks great and I was wondering if there is a confirmation on the teams and stadia that will be involved in the game?

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Chuckles1991 said:
Ive been viewing different threads today, especially on the art of cricket and signed up to get involved in the discussion. Anyways, the progress looks great and I was wondering if there is a confirmation on the teams and stadia that will be involved in the game?

I think it is too early to release a confirmed list of teams and stadiums that will be in the game, but I know that all of the ten test match teams will be included, but that will probably be all of the teams that are playing in the 2007 World Cup by the time of release. Worldwide domestic teams will also be released as add-on packs.

I know that the Sydney Cricket Ground and Lord's have been designed so far, with many more to be designed later on.

Chuckles1991

School Cricketer
When you say that domestic teams would be add-on packs, is that because you want to get the game out as early as possible and they would be made in their own time?

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Chuckles1991 said:
When you say that domestic teams would be add-on packs, is that because you want to get the game out as early as possible and they would be made in their own time?

No, as the game is most likely to be only available for download, if domestic teams were included in the original release the size of the file would be too large for many people to download. Releasing a "core" game with optional add-ons keeps everyone happy.

handsome

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
skateboarder said:
No, as the game is most likely to be only available for download, if domestic teams were included in the original release the size of the file would be too large for many people to download. Releasing a "core" game with optional add-ons keeps everyone happy.

Exactly but who will develop theses add on domestic parts :eek:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
handsome said:

The developers of the game. The users can create their own patches as well of course.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
handsome said:

Me... :p

As for Stadiums making a load of them would probably delay the game for a long time...

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Drewska said:
Me... :p

As for Stadiums making a load of them would probably delay the game for a long time...

Yep, there have been talks of a "core" version with just two teams and one stadium included with the rest as add-on packs to save file size, although this plan is in no way confirmed.

I would expect most, if not all, of the test match stadiums to be added over time.

andy82

Club Cricketer
skateboarder said:
Yep, there have been talks of a "core" version with just two teams and one stadium included with the rest as add-on packs to save file size, although this plan is in no way confirmed.

Would be a good idea TBH.

Users who are viewing this thread