Templates

morson93

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeh Usy I Have The Items To Edit DDS In Photoshop. But I Dont Have The Equipment To Do CDS Files. So If Anyone Knows A Way I Can Get A DDS To A CDS To Put Into The Game That'll Be Great. I Also Have Someone Who Does Custom Bats That Is Going To The Bats. We Just Need Templates. To Get The Template I Need To Decompress The CDS To Get A DDS To Open In Photoshop And Make A Template Of That. So If Someone Has A Way To Decompress It Then That Will Be Great.

Thanks Everyone Who Was Contributed. I Think That This Could Be A Great Thing For Brian Lara:D Lool.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
You will need to download and install the nvidia dds plugin for photoshop, there is a link for it somewhere in the BLIC2005 forums, I think in a thread started by Ste. Or of course google it, I'm sure you'll find it.

morson93

Club Cricketer
Got It Mate, I Got The Nvidia Plugin Which Is How Id Did My England Kit:D. But My Problem Is Thats Only For Editing DDS Files. Bats Pads And Gloves As You All Probaldy No Are CDS. This Is What Is Needed To Do.

Open The CDS.
Decompress To Make DDS
Open In Photoshop (Using The Nvidia Plugin)
Make A Template From That:).
Compress To Make A CDS.

The Only Things I Am Unsure About On That List Are
Decompressing A CDS
Compressing A DDS To Form A CDS

ivanvdm15

International Cricketer
mate im sorry but i can't help you but ill give you some reps for your hard work trying to figure this out and helping out all those BLIC 07 players out there ;)

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I've not tried editing a CDS file, as I dont have BLIC07, perhaps you could post one (anything) and I'll see what I can come up with.

morson93

Club Cricketer
Ok Kev Thanks Mate. Ive Put The Whole Bag File There So Youl Have To Use Baggy Studios To Get A CDS Out. Sorry Mate If Thats Too Much Work.

Kev Thank You For Your Huge Help.
Thanks Everyone Else For Supporting Me On This And I Hope To Bring You Results.

NOOO!! It Wont Let Me Post It:( Can Someone Post The Replace.bag For Kev Please. Its In C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Brian Lara International Cricket 07\Data And Its Replace.bag

This Would Be A HUGE Help Guys

Last edited:

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I'm not seeing anything to download, but I would prefer just a CDS file, I dont have any BLIC stuff installed on this computer (so no baggi). It's been a while since I played BLIC2005.

morson93

Club Cricketer
Mate Look Above For The Problem^^:(

Hope This Works

There You Go Kev Mate. Theres A D N And S. Dont No What Each Is For? Thanks Ever So Much Kev. A Real Star:D

Any Luck Kev Mate?

Attachments

• generic_01_d.zip
    163 KB · Views: 58
Last edited by a moderator:

morson93

Club Cricketer
Hey Everyone I Think Ive Cracked It!:D But All Ill Need Is A BLIC 07 Template For Bats So If Anyone Has Then TY:D

badb0y9124

Club Cricketer
Got It Mate, I Got The Nvidia Plugin Which Is How Id Did My England Kit:D. But My Problem Is Thats Only For Editing DDS Files. Bats Pads And Gloves As You All Probaldy No Are CDS. This Is What Is Needed To Do.

Open The CDS.
Decompress To Make DDS
Open In Photoshop (Using The Nvidia Plugin)
Make A Template From That:).
Compress To Make A CDS.

The Only Things I Am Unsure About On That List Are
Decompressing A CDS
Compressing A DDS To Form A CDS

have you try to open it jasc paint shop pro 9 it is the best for editing

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
You cannot edit the CDS files which are included with the game, as the compression used was something Codemasters purchased and as a result they were not able to tell me the compression method.

So you have to figure out the templates by trial and error. Create a DDS file, import it into the bag replacing the original CDS. Then hex edit the Bag file to say .DDS instead of .CDS - basically changing the file list so the header refers to the correct file name so the game knows to not try and decompress it.

D - displacement map
N - normal map
S - specular map.

Look them up to find out what they do, and you're done.

Above is everything I know about patching BLIC graphics and I can do it, therefore it is enough information for you to do it yourself morson. So please, no more 15 PMs, emails, and off-topic forum posts making an idiot of yourself please.

rgrohit

School Cricketer
i tried making a bat, thanks to lazy chesnut
but the result was not too good

i edited the bag file, to say dds instead of cds but while importing the dds file it gave an error "file size too long"
i tried to decrease the dds file size and managed to import one file
but the result was not good
Can anybody tell me how to decrease the dds file size so i can import all the three files
please guys i am too close to my first bat for BLIC07

Attachments

• blackbat.JPG
    blackbat.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

morson93

Club Cricketer
Im Guessing All Hope Is Over Then:(

All I Need Is The Template That Lazy Chesnut Has!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread