Draft: The 2010s - To celebrate the best players during the decade

B

Bigby Wolf

Mitchell Starc:aus:
mitchell-starc_bf15060a-2835-11e9-aa1f-306fb5735c10.jpg

The Left Seamer from Australia had a memorable decade from the World Cup Winner to leading the pace attack when Starc get its right the ball to tail back in fast & full he is perhaps the most dangerous bowler to face in world cricket across all formats.Starc will open the bowling in my XI can make things happen too when the ball starts reversing and is no mug with bat as well lower down the order.

• The Sensational pace trio of Australia - Starc,Cummins & Pattinson made their debut in the Aussie summer 2011 -12, injuries though kept them on their sidelines for almost the frst half of the decade more in case of Cummins & Pattinson.
  • Starc started his career as limited over bowler and struggled to get going in Tests where he picked 45 wickets at an average 44.42 till the year 2014.
  • The Next year in 2015 where Starc was finally able to replicate his Superb ODI form in Test matches where not only he played more matches but proved to be vital og in the Aussie pace attack picking up 18 Wickets in the Ashes Series and ending the year with 46 Wickets @25.06.
  • In the year 2016 Starc picked up 50 wickets @22.58 and Continued his great run of form in 2017 picking up 26 wickets @26.35 in 5 tests.
  • After average a slightly higher in year 2018 i.e. 31 Wickets @33.54 in 9 tests Strac finished the decade on a high picking 42 wickets in 2019 @20.71.
STATS : M - 56 Matches 240 wickets BBI - 6/50 5WI/10WI - 13/2 Avg - 27.08.

BIGBY'S 2010s TEST XI

2.:bat:Alastair Cook:eng:
3.:bat:Hashim Amla:saf:

4. :bat: Virat Kohli:ind:
5. :bat:Joe Root:eng:
6.:wkb:Mushfiqur Rahim:ban:
8.:bwl:Mitchell Starc:aus:
10.:bwl:Nathan Lyon:aus:
11.:bwl:Morne Morkel:saf:

@Aislabie

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Overall Pick #40: Jasprit Bumrah
28bumrah.jpg

I fully planned to pick two spinners in my attack to go with my usual three-and-two bowling attack. But then I noticed that the only bowler with 50 Test wickets at an average of under 20 runs apiece was still available; a high-class purveyor of both in- and out-swing, delivered at 150 kph speeds that can make even the world's very best batsmen look very silly indeed. It might seem daft to pick a fast bowler who played only twelve Test matches in an all-decade eleven, but his skills and successes were both inarguable. He completes a fearsome bowling attack which sees Philander and Bumrah take the new ball, with Cummins first-change, then Wagner coming on to bowl the long spells and Ravindra Jadeja providing plenty of high-class containing spin.

2010s Statistics (12 matches)
:bwl: Right-arm fast bowler
62 wickets @ 19.24 (5 5WI, best 6/27)

Role in the Team

Wouldn't you hate to be an opening batsman going out to face both Philander and Bumrah with the new ball? And as if that wasn't enough, if you survive them then you get to face Pat Cummins. And that's before you hit Wagner and Jadeja operating with the old ball.

Aislabie's XI so far:
3. :sri: :bat: Kumar Sangakkara (Pick #3)
4. :pak: :bat: Younis Khan (Pick #26)
5. :wi: :bat: Shiv Chanderpaul (Pick #31)
7. :ind: :ar: Ravindra Jadeja (Pick #8)
8. :saf: :ar: Vernon Philander (Pick #17)
9. :aus: :bwl: Pat Cummins (Pick #14)
10. :nzf: :bwl: Neil Wagner (Pick #25)
11. :ind: :bwl: Jasprit Bumrah (Pick #40)

Next pick:
@blockerdave

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I'm going to pick Mohammed Aamir.

Unfortunately missed a fair bit of the decade for infamous reasons, but is a high quality, high pace bowler and gives me 2 very different very effective left-arm pace options alongside Johnson.

Probably will be first change but come on early after a quick burst from Johnson, or if the conditions are right might take the new ball ahead of Harris.

back to @Bigby Wolf

1. Chris Gayle
  2. ...
  3. Cheteshwar Pujara
  4. A.B. De Villiers
  5. Misbah Ul Haq
  6. ...
  7. B.J. Watling
  8. Mitchell Johnson
  9. Ryan Harris
  10. Rangana Herath
  11. Mohammed Aamir

B

Bigby Wolf

Kagiso Rabada

190 wickets @22.57 will open the bowling with Mitchell Starc.

BIGBY'S 2010s TEST XI

2.:bat:
Alastair Cook:eng:
3.:bat:
Hashim Amla:saf:
4. :bat: Virat Kohli:ind:
5. :bat:Joe Root:eng:
6.:wkb:Mushfiqur Rahim:ban:
8.:bwl:Mitchell Starc:aus:
9.:bwl:Kagiso Rabada:saf:
10.:bwl:Nathan Lyon:aus:
11.:bwl:Morne Morkel:saf:

@DalePlaysSports

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Wouldn't you hate to be an opening batsman going out to face both Philander and Bumrah with the new ball? And as if that wasn't enough, if you survive them then you get to face Pat Cummins. And that's before you hit Wagner and Jadeja operating with the old ball.
Deadly!

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
1.:ind:Murali Vijay :bat:
3.:nzf: Kane Williamson :bat:
4.:aus: Steve Smith :bat::c:
5.:eng: Kevin Pietersen :bat:
6.:ind:M.S. Dhoni :wkb:
7.:wi: Jason Holder :ar:
9.:pak:Yasir Shah :bwl:
10.:eng: Stuart Broad :bwl:
11.:ind:Ishant Sharma :bwl:

Had a high score of 224 back in 2013 and had a decent average - plus its always nice to have someone in the middle order who can dig in or explode depending on the game situation.

@AsadRM I think is next

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
AZHAR ALI is my pick. I will edit this later and add his stats and info.

@Aislabie You are next!

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Overall Pick #45: Graeme Smith
graeme-smith-test-640.jpg

Here's a man who everyone's missed out on, and he's going to be my captain: Biff. Graeme Smith. A man who retired well before his time, but could easily have maintained his excellence throughout the decade had he retained the will to do so. Instead, he retired as one of the very best in the world, dominating the first half of the decade with his ungainly, crablike, and incredibly effective style of batting. He was also Test cricket's best leader during that period, a totemic figure who had been appointed South Africa captain after just a handful of Tests, and fulfilled the role admirably from then until his retirement. However, it was the burnout from this huge workload that ultimately led to his early retirement.

2010s Statistics (38 matches)
:bat: Left-handed batsman
2,814 runs @ 45.38 (9 centuries, best 234)

Role in the Team

He's going to be a colossus of an opening batsman, the man who would have been best-qualified to repel our bowling attack but now nobody else can have him. He's also our captain because of course he is.

Overall Pick #46: Tamim Iqbal
Tamim-Iqbal-reacts-after-scoring-a-century-100-runs-during-the-second-day-of-the-second-cricket-Test-match-between-Bangladesh-and-Zimbabwe4.jpg
The eighth nation represented in our team of the decade is Bangladesh: though their team has never been more than mediocre, it has had two of the world's outstanding players in it. One is the left-handed batsman and finger-spinner, Shakib Al Hasan. The other is opening batsman Tamim Iqbal. Only three opening batsmen scored more than 3,000 runs in the decade at a better average: David Warner, Alastair Cook and Tom Latham. All three of them did that with the support of excellent teammates; Tamim's typical role has often been that of the lone resistor, forced to play a rearguard as a crumbling top-order falls apart around him. In my team, with the support of a world-class top five and the freedom to play as he chooses, the sky is the limit for him.

2010s Statistics (46 matches)
3,719 runs @ 41.78 (8 centuries, best 206)

Role in the Team
Tamim will be allowed to play as something of a wildcard; free to attack if he wants to and defend if he doesn't, there are enough accumulators in this team that he has free rein to do as he likes.

Aislabie's XI so far:
1. :saf: :bat: Graeme Smith (Pick #45)
2. :ban: :bat: Tamim Iqbal (Pick #46)

Next pick:
@AsadRM

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

Here's a man who everyone's missed out on, and he's going to be my captain: Biff. Graeme Smith. A man who retired well before his time, but could easily have maintained his excellence throughout the decade had he retained the will to do so. Instead, he retired as one of the very best in the world, dominating the first half of the decade with his ungainly, crablike, and incredibly effective style of batting. He was also Test cricket's best leader during that period, a totemic figure who had been appointed South Africa captain after just a handful of Tests, and fulfilled the role admirably from then until his retirement. However, it was the burnout from this huge workload that ultimately led to his early retirement.

Role in the Team

He's going to be a colossus of an opening batsman, the man who would have been best-qualified to repel our bowling attack but now nobody else can have him. He's also our captain because of course he is.

Tamim-Iqbal-reacts-after-scoring-a-century-100-runs-during-the-second-day-of-the-second-cricket-Test-match-between-Bangladesh-and-Zimbabwe4.jpg
The eighth nation represented in our team of the decade is Bangladesh: though their team has never been more than mediocre, it has had two of the world's outstanding players in it. One is the left-handed batsman and finger-spinner, Shakib Al Hasan. The other is opening batsman Tamim Iqbal. Only three opening batsmen scored more than 3,000 runs in the decade at a better average: David Warner, Alastair Cook and Tom Latham. All three of them did that with the support of excellent teammates; Tamim's typical role has often been that of the lone resistor, forced to play a rearguard as a crumbling top-order falls apart around him. In my team, with the support of a world-class top five and the freedom to play as he chooses, the sky is the limit for him.

Role in the Team
Tamim will be allowed to play as something of a wildcard; free to attack if he wants to and defend if he doesn't, there are enough accumulators in this team that he has free rein to do as he likes.

Aislabie's XI so far:

Next pick:
@AsadRM

so that’s both my other choices for second opener gone.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Adam Voges
A highly underrated player who has played 20 tests and scored 1485 runs at an average of 61.88. He received his first baggy green at the age of 35 and became oldest player to score a 100 on debut against West Indies. He scored 269*, 106* and 239 in three innings against West Indies and New Zealand in the 2015-16 season. He was a great athletic fielder too and retired in 2017. He can also play the role of a 6th bowling option and bowl a few overs

I wanted to pick Younis Khan here, but he was already taken. Still I hope Voges would do it for me.

1.:aus: David Warner :bat:
2.:pak: Azhar Ali :bat:
3.:aus: Marnus Labuschagne :bat:
4.:aus: Adam Voges :bat:
5.:eng: Ben Stokes :ar:
6.:ind: Ravi Ashwin :ar:
7.:saf: Quinton de Kock :wkb:
9.:eng: James Anderson :bwl:
10.:pak: Muhammad Abbas :bwl:
11.:saf: Dale Steyn :bwl:

@DalePlaysSports

Last edited:
B

Bigby Wolf

Role in the Team

Role in the Team

Aislabie's XI so far:

Next pick:
@AsadRM

There goes both my 2 openee choices alongside Cook ,I wanted some really good bowlers and was hoping people miss out on them too just like they are doing at the moment with most of them.:p

Users who are viewing this thread