Story The Ashes 06/07-England (A Cricket 07 Story)

rabeta

News Team Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
The Ashes 2006-2007

itinerarybz9.jpg

Tuesday, 11 September 2006

We are just moments away from finding out the England party that will tour Australia. The excitement and anticipation is increasing. David Graveney is expected to announce the English squad for the Ashes down Under. This gives a chance for the English fans to see the squad that they hope, will retain the Ashes. The Aussie fans will also get their first glimpse of what their Australian side will face in the upcoming Ashes series and the English fans will see the squad that they hope, will retain the Ashes...

...Hello and welcome to Hornet Sports live coverage of the England squad announcement. Hornet Sports will give you the chance to see every ball of the upcoming Ashes series and there will be commentary from Ian Bishop, Mark Nicolas, Angus Fraser, Mike Gatting, Bill Lawry and last but not least there will also be expert analysis of the day?s action with Simon Hughes.

Back to the action, David Graveney has just walked into the boardroom and any moment now will announce the squad.
David Graveney:

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. I am here today to announce the tour party for the trip to Australia and I hope the squad will be well received but the public at home and will retain the Ashes for England. Duncan Fletcher and I have spent many an hour deciding on the best team for England and we are positive that this is a very, very strong team. As you will all know Michael Vaughan, Simon Jones and Marcus Trescothick are all unavailable for selection as they are suffering with injuries and illness respectively. The fact that Michael was unavailable for selection meant that Duncan and I had to decide which captain was best for the team. It was a straight choice between Strauss, who had done so well against Pakistan in the test match series and Andrew Flintoff, who had excelled on the Indian tour...

Last edited:

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Sensational start to your first story and 1st/2nd post ;clap
If you continue like this the this will be a very very good and interesting story :)
Keep it up :cheers

mehkar

International Coach
good luck with the story mate post some ingame screenies

rabeta

News Team Member
Soz MHC I won't be able to send in-game screenshots as I am playing the game on ps2 but I will try to use real-life pics. Cheers for the comments Trev and MHC.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Good Luck and nice start to the story! :cheers

plympilgrim

International Coach
good luck and grt pres so far, lookin good and a nice idea

rabeta

News Team Member
We have chosen Andrew Strauss as the man to lead the side and this is due to him being a natural leader and his intelligence will be priceless against the strong Australian line-up. The team, including Andrew Strauss will be named on the slide show that is to follow...

Andrew Strauss (Captain)
Alistair Cook
Ian Bell
Paul Collingwood
Kevin Pietersen
Andrew Flintoff
Chris Read
Sajid Mahmood
Matthew Hoggard
Steve Harmison
Monty Panesar
Jamie Dalrymple
Ashley Giles
Mark Ramprakash
Liam Plunkett
James Anderson
Owais Shah
Ravi Bopara
Jon Lewis
Steve Davies

englandsquadcx3.jpg

plympilgrim

International Coach
nice selctions especially those of Ramps, Davies and Bopara very brave

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Interesting for Strauss to lead the English side for big Ashes! That layout where u have posted all the player's pictre is nice :clap

wifler

Club Cricketer
Nice selection, won't ramps' appearance on strictly come dancing get in the way? :D

rabeta

News Team Member
Cheers for the comments, the next update will probably be late tonight. But I'm promising notin!

embi

International Coach
Wow, great presentation, you're putting effort into this (or so it seems :D). Keep it up mate, dont worry about rushing the updates.

rabeta

News Team Member
Thursday, 09 November 2006

England vs. Prime Minister?s XI

... Hello and welcome to Hornet Sports on this beautiful morning in South Australia...

... Here are the teams for today's game...

teamsgame1gb4.jpg

... The action is about to start and this game promises a lot as England will be tired from their recent excursions in India. It looks like Harmison and Hoggard will open the bowling...

scorecardgame1mx2.jpg

...It has been a brilliant bowling performance from England, and Matthew Hoggard in-particular. England have skittled the Minister?s XI for just 168, and must be very confident in chasing it down...

hoggardmagicbw5.jpg

...Thanks for watching the action and stay tuned for Commentator?s Tea Break, when the commentators will be discussing their views and some of yours on the action so far...

Last edited:

plympilgrim

International Coach
wow what bowling by hoggard, the scorecard is quite difficult to read
what is the schedule for the tour??
hoggy is the king of swing!!

Users who are viewing this thread