Story The Ashes 06/07-England (A Cricket 07 Story)

rabeta

News Team Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
newspapergame1ia3.jpg

The next update from the game will be on Saturday night (Coursework), so until then I will just be building to the next game with different things e.g. Newspaper Articles like above. This means that I still will be updating!

plympilgrim

International Coach
wow nice update rabeta, keep it up, hope your happy with my comments

rabeta

News Team Member
lol, Yea cheers Matt, I'll try and update by the end of tonight or tomorrow night.

rabeta

News Team Member
journeydownundermx5.jpg

Journey North to Sydney, November 11th 2006

Mark Nicholas: Hello and welcome to the first show of Journeys Down Under. This is the show were the commentators, as we are driving through the beautiful country of Australia, discuss our views on who should be in the england team for the next game. In this instance, the New South Wales warm-up match. We will go through the team places in batting order and then finalize the team from there. So, firstly, the two opening batting positions, who do you think should play Mike.

MG: Well, Alistair Cook and Andrew Strauss did not get off to a very good start yesterday, but I believe that both have been in good form recently and should keep their places as I don't believe that there is much competition in the opening slot, and as for now, there is no real problem.

IB: Yes, I agree with you Mike, they both have been in good form recently and for now deserve their places and Strauss will play in all the games because he is captain, obviously.

MN: Does everyone agree with Cook and Strauss playing in the next game.

[Yes all round]

alastaircook15439fs3.jpg
andrewstraussnzckr9.jpg

MN: Okay, lets move onto the middle order.

AF: The middle order did not play that badly last game as they all got starts and failed to capitalize on them, so I would have stuck with all three. However, I believe that Ian Bell deserve a rest, as he is in good form and has been playing a lot of cricket recently. For me, Mark Ramprakash should come in for him, even though he has not had much cricket for him.

BL: I agree with you, Angus but I do not believe that Ramprakash should play as, depending on the pitch, another useful bowler would be useful. So, perhaps, Bopara or Dalrymple should play.

MN: I think we all agree that Ian Bell should have a rest, but who should come in for him?

[1 says Ramprakash and 3 say Bopara]

boparaud5.jpg

MN: Okay then, it looks like Bopara will make up the rest of our middle order, and he will play at no.5. Moving onto the wicket-keeping position.

MG: This seems up for grabs again, as Read got out for a Golden Duck last match, but for me, he is the man to play in this vital series, so I will stick with him.

IB: I think that Steven Davies should be given a go, as I have not been impressed with Chris Read recently so I will say Davies.

MN: Who does everyone think should play with the gloves?

chrisreadjt5.jpg
stevendavieskx5.jpg

[2 say Davies and 2 say Read]

MN: It looks like I have the casting vote! For me, as I have seen what Chris Read can do, I will stick with him as in his last three innings in Test Matches, he has played well. The keeper's position seems to be debatable, but I don't think the bowling attack will change after such a good performance with the ball.

AF: Yes, and we forgot Freddie! His place is already set in stone, and he will be looking for some good batting practice in the next game. The bowling attack, for me, should stay the same.

MN: Does everyone agree?

[They all do]

MN: So that it our team and here it is in full:

Andrew Strauss (Captain)
Alistair Cook
Paul Collingwood
Kevin Pietersen
Ravi Bopara
Andrew Flintoff
Chris Read
Sajid Mahmood
Matthew Hoggard
Steve Harmison
Monty Panesar

MN: There we have it, our first showing of Journeys Down Under, hope you enjoyed it, and watch the next show on the 16th November.

The side that was just chosen will actually be the team for the game, and this is how it will be for every game, please post comments on how it went.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
That was a very nice addition there mate. Looking foward to the next game.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Excellent Presentation! I was not in PC for three days.. so missed these updates and must say, its an excellent effort u have put in! :clap

The paper article is a nice innovative addition! Regarding Wicket Keepr, I also go with Read to stand behind the stumps! :)

MWaugh

International Coach
interesting idea to let commentators pick teams. but its a good way of analysing the players. the layout is really good

Users who are viewing this thread