Story The Ashes 06/07-England (A Cricket 07 Story)

rabeta

News Team Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
plympilgrim said:
wow what bowling by hoggard, the scorecard is quite difficult to read

I am sorry about this it seems fine on my computer, I will see what other people say about it before changing it...

I will update this post tomorrow night (Hopefully!)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 13648

Mark Ramprakash can't play in this series, because he's too busy dancing :p

Good luck with this story, nice to see another Toon fan around ;)

plympilgrim

International Coach
good luck with the restart, hopefully we can kick the aussies backsides

rabeta

News Team Member
steabreakkl5.jpg

...MN: Hello and welcome to the first edition in this Ashes series of Commentator's Tea Break. It will give you the chance to give your on views on the action so far, and also see ours. Lets start off with the main talking point - Hoggard's fantastic performance with the ball.

MG: Yes, I thought it was a wonderful display of accurate line and length bowling when the pitch was not helping him.

IB: I totally agree, he figures tell the story, 6-32 on a flat track are quite frankly superb even against a lesser team.

MN: I think we can actually see the bowling figures right now:

bowlingfiguresgame1nf4.jpg

BL: As we can see not only did Hoggard bowl well but all the English did, and I thought Mahmood, Panesar and Collingwood gave nothing away. In fact, Collingwood was getting the ball to reverse in the 37th over and he was very difficult to face for the batsman.

AF: After England's recent disappointments in the champions trophy they will be ecstatic with the way they have bowled, but it would just be typical England if they lose it from here.

MN: Lets talk about how the Minister's XI played, because many thought that a score over 280 would be average on this track as it is extremely flat.

MG: Yes, I don't believe that they played well, but maybe if they display some bowling as accurate as Matthew Hoggard's they might be in with a chance.

IB: No, I can't see England losing it from here, I think that they will coast along to that target without much problems.

MN: On the point of the Minister's XI batting, I thought that J.Byrne and T.Wilson played very well.

BL: They did indeed, and the difference between them and the rest is that they went out there looking to attack and were positive with both their running and their strokes. It was a shame though as the positive running on Byrne's belhalf caused his downfall in the end.

MN: That's it for today on Commentator's Tea Break, but before we leave some predictions from us.

IB: I think that England will win comfortably and there will be no scares.

MG: It's going to be a close game but I can only see England winning it.

AF: I've seen England collapse too many times before, and though I hate to say it, I think the Minister's XI will win.

BL: Com'on Minister's, it's them for me!

MN: Stay tuned for all the action on Hornet Sports. Its got to be an English win hasn't it? Also, post your view on the game so far and we'll add them here.

Last edited:

rabeta

News Team Member
Does anyone have any comments on how the game is going so far, or any improvements that would better my story?

rabeta

News Team Member
... Welcome back and England's innings is just about to start. Andrew Strauss and Alistair Cook are walking out. England fans will be expecting an emphatic win...

scorecardgame12ys3.jpg

This has been a disaster for England! They only just got halfway in reaching a rather poor effort batting wise for the Minister's XI. I am speechless and I don't know about you at home. The papers will be up in raptures tomorrow, and so they should after such a awful performance with the bat.

bowlingfiguresgame12rk3.jpg

However, the Minister's XI did bowl very well and S.Beck in-particular, he was quite outstanding, but however well this Minister's XI side bowl, England should never lose chasing such a lame total.

disasterxr6.jpg

This has been a day that all English fans will want to forget, and they will be hoping and praying this is not a sign for things to come. That is all for now on Hornet Sports, join us later for the presentation ceremony. Meanwhile, post your views and they will be placed here, and I guarantee more will be negative than positive, just what went wrong?

Last edited:

rabeta

News Team Member
I am not actually going to set up an actual vote but vote by 8.30 tonight (though sending a reply to this thread) to get your vote counted. I imagine the contenders for the man of the match are Hoggard, Beck and Lowry.

Last edited:

plympilgrim

International Coach
man of the match Beck, i still recommend changing the scorecards, otherwise great work

rabeta

News Team Member
Cheers for the comment, and is the bowling figures image OK to read?

rabeta

News Team Member
KK, I'll change the scorecard to that format.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I always like the layout u use for pasting the pictures! " disaster " layout! poor England to be dismissed for such a low score.... Hope they improve in next match or atleast some entertainment from KP! ;)

rabeta

News Team Member
presceremonylx0.jpg

Mark Nicholas: Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, and i think I am right in saying that that was an action-packed game and there were many a twist and turn. In the end it was Minister's XI who won by quite a large margin, thanks to quite brilliant bowling from Beck and Lowry. However, let us not forget the scintillating performance from Matthew Hoggard earlier in the day. I would first like invite Andrew Strauss to come up and talk to us...

andrewstrausspresml7.jpg

MN: Well Andrew, that wasn't a very good day for English batsmen and English cricket as a whole.

AS: I admit is wasn't, but this is almost an exact replica of the side that played in the Champions Trophy, and without trying to make up excuses, maybe we shouldn't have chosen this side and given the lads a bit of a rest.

MN: Yes, know back to the game, it started off so very well for England.

AS: Indeed, and this will be the main positive, and I believe it to be a large one, that we bowled so well on a flat track. I thought that Matthew, Saj and Monty all kept disciplined right throughout their spell and their figures reflect that.

MN: On the point of the track, what was it like to bat on?

pitchcrackstb2.jpg

AS: It started off very flat but as the day wore on, the cracks seemed to widen, and there was a bit of uneven bounce. However, there is no excuse for the way we batted and I ask that people judge us after the next game, as we feel good with the bowling side of things and hopefully those positives will show in our batting next week.

MN: Thanks a lot Andrew.

AS: Cheers.

MN: Andrew Strauss ladies and gentlemen...

The presentation ceremony will continue later, after the votes (Maybe Vote!) have been recorded.

rabeta

News Team Member
presceremonyvr4.jpg

Mark Nicholas: Hello and welcome back to this presentation ceremony on this beautiful Tuesday afternoon...

MN: I would like to invite S.Beck as Captain and Man of the Match to come up and receive his magnum of champagne...

MN: Hi Beck, well played today, you put the ball in the right areas.

SB: Yea, the ball was comin' out well today mate, shame I couldn't get the five-fa, I deserved it!

MN: The boys must be pleased with how they performed today.

SB: Yea they are, but we always knew that England would not be able to cope with my pace early on in the innings. For England, whatever we got, somtin' like 160 its always out of their reach. We actually set ourselves a target of around 100, and that would have been alright in the end! We wern't puttin' in any real effort though, England always give their wickets away.

MN: You don't seem to speak very highly of England!

SB: Na, any side in the world would beat them in the one-day format, but ya no, we're still pleased.

MN: Okay, I think we'll leave it there...thanks a lot for speaking to us Beck.

SB: Any time mate, jus' don't forget my name!

MN: That concludes our presentation ceremony and it looks like Minister's XI are ecstatic with their victory?

BTW - plz, plz, plz post your views on how this story is going so far.

Users who are viewing this thread