Story The Ashes 06/07-England (A Cricket 07 Story)

rabeta

News Team Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Right, I'm back! :happy Sorry for the long delay in updates, coursework...again! :p Anyway, I do not want to carry on with the last warm-up game as want to get started with the series, so the result from that is that South Australia won by 8 wickets. So, here is the reaction to the game from The Times.

newspapergame1742x1050sa8.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this update! up next will be the team prediction/selection for the First 3Mobile Test from the from our own Hornet Sports commentators!

rabeta

News Team Member
journeydownunderyi7.jpg

Monday 23rd November - Journey north-east to Brisbane.

Mark Nicholas: Hello and welcome to Journey Down Under where myself and the rest of the Hornet Sports commentators will be discussing the team that we believe, should play in the first test. There are a few contentious issues ahead of the first test and we will do our best to pick the team that is most likely to beat Australia, though beating them in their own back yard is a very tough prospect. So, we will start with you Mike, I think the opening positions will be very easy to clarify.

MG: Yes, I believe that both Cook and Strauss should start the first test. Strauss has played magnificently in the last two warm-up matches and Cook showed signs in the last match that if he gets going, he is very hard to get out.

[All round agreement]

MN: So then moving onto the middle order, what would be used Ian?

IB: At three, four and five I would have Ian Bell, Paul Collingwood and Kevin Pietersen.

MN: In that order Ian?

IB: Yes, I would as I believe that the Aussies fear Pietersen and Flintoff, and if they are in together, they could take the game away from Australia.

BL: I disagree, I believe that yours is a valid point, but your best batsmen cannot be left at five and needs to come in earlier.

MN: What is the rests view on this?

pietersen4coll4dm1.jpg

[1 says Pietersen at five and 4 say at four]

MN: There we have it, it will be Pietersen at four. Moving on, I think we are settled on Flintoff at six, but who will be the keeper, and bat at seven?

AF: I think Davies as he really is the keeper of the future for England and, though it can be said he is too young to play his first test match, it is the biggest stage of all and he will learn so much from it. I also believe that he is the better batsmen and he is a very capable keeper, and he has outshone Read in the warm-up games.

MG: I think that Read would be the best option for England, as they are both capable with the bat, but they really are not match-winning. Therefore, I would go for the best keeper, who will hold more catches than Davies, and it would be Read for me.

MN: This will be a hard decision.

readordaviesuq8.jpg

[3 say Davies and 2 say Read]

MN: We have decided on Davies and therefore he would make his debut for us tomorrow!

MN: I think the bowling places will be straight forward as they have all bowled well so far on this tour.

[All agreed]

So that is it, and that ends our edition of Journeys Down Under for this test, make sure to tune in tomorrow, it is all set up for a fascinating test match, and all England Supporters will be hoping to see an improved performance from England on the back of the warm-up matches. We will leave you with a reminder of our chosen team.

A.Cook
A.Strauss*
I.Bell
K.Pietersen
P.Collingwood
A.Flintoff
S.Davies+
S.Mahmood
M.Hoggard
S.Harmison
M.Panesar

Thanks again for reading and I hope you re enjoying the updates! Please make comments on how this story is going!

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Interesting decision of Davies as a keeper... But the team looks bit strong somehow..dunno y..lol :D Anyways Gud luck England!

btw nice presentation mate! :clap

mehkar

International Coach
impressive work there dude cool presentation keep it up
:cheers
MHC

rabeta

News Team Member
Thanks for the comments, there will probably be an update tomorrow.

gamerkid22

National Board President
England team are really facing a big problem about the keepers.Waiting for the match to start.

rabeta

News Team Member
welcomeye8.jpg

Hello and welcome to Hornet Sports for the first day of the most highly anticipated series ever! Here are the teams for todays game:

teamsxu3.jpg

...The action is about to start, lets hope we are in for a test match that can get anywhere near to the excitement involved in every one last time round. It will be cook and Strauss to open, they will be hoping to get England off to a good and positive start against the very good opening bowlers in McGrath and Lee.

1st One Down!

Cook's gone and the Barmy Army have been silenced by Brett Lee. It was not a particularly but it was good enough for Cook, when he could not resist going after one short outside off stump. It was to close for his body to be playing the cut he played though.

worstpossiblestartkt0.jpg

Strauss and Bell build a good stand!

Strauss and Bell have brought up the 50 partnership and English fans will be hoping that they can keep this going and help to get England in a very good position on a very good batting surface.

Ian Bell 50!

Ian Bell has played a beauty of an innings here at Brisbane, with all the flair that you associate with him. England will be hoping that he and Strauss can really push on now.

ianbell50ta3.jpg

Strauss Disappointed but no more before tea

That's the end of the session and Strauss fell half an hour before the end and he will be gutted after getting himself in and on the back of two hundreds. England will be delighted with the session as Ian Bell has played superbly after his miseries against the same counterparts last time round. This is just what the Army wanted to see after the awful Warm-up matches, England fighting it out when batting.

strausscaughtit4.jpg

Here is the scorecard and bowling figures after that first session, make sure to be back for the afternoon session...

Scorecard at lunch

scorecardug8.jpg

Bowling Figures at lunch

bowlingfiguresjv5.jpg

I hope you are enjoying the story and please keep on posting your views, they really are vital to me improving this story!

rabeta

News Team Member
I am sorry to say this but due to my amount of work at school I will have to give up with the story. I am very disappointed and I am sorry to any others who were enjoying it, but I hope it was short but enjoyable! I may do something in the summer (ie. another [small] story

Thanks to all who have made comments on this thread. I will now be concentrating on my graphics. Any one who is interested can go to the graphics forum.

rabeta

rabeta

News Team Member
Cheers Matt, thanks a lot for all of your comments on this story

And thanks Jaz for your encouragement.

Users who are viewing this thread