India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Fixtures, Schedule | Global | ESPN Cricinfo

Running from November to January, this will be a really interesting series. England have looked impressive in the last few months and can put up fierce competition. After a disappointing year by the Aussies, they will be looking to regain the Ashes with their home crowds backing them up along with their bowling attack, which has looked lethal in the last few home summers.

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
I'm glad that they don't do the Gabba -> Perth with short turnaround as test 1 and 2 anymore. 1st September and then weekly thereafter can access the anticipated long range forecast.

I'll be at the Adelaide Test and maybe Boxing Day.
Really waiting for the match official appointments. I'm tipping Erasmus, Dharmasena and Gaffney.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
It's surreal to see that it's been 5 years Strauss retired and England are still struggling to find a partner for Cook.

I don't know what's up with Hameed, but he looked like someone who could serve England for a good 10-15 years. His technique and shot making was a sight to behold as far as I'm concerned!

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Alright then guys, what's your Ashes squad for England?

@Aislabie's Ashes Squad

1. :eng: :bat: Joe Root :c: - Number 4 - 5,191 runs @ 54.07 in 58 Tests - The captain, the premier batsman and the first name on the team sheet.
  2. :eng: :ar: Moeen Ali - Number 8 - 2,179 runs @ 34.58 and 126 wickets @ 36.49 in 42 Tests - The incumbent spinner and a very dangerous lower-order batsman.
  3. :eng: :bwl: Jimmy Anderson - Number 11 - 492 wickets @ 27.71 in 127 Tests - The leading bowler and another one of the first names on the team sheet.
  4. :eng: :wkb: Jonny Bairstow - Number 7 - 2,783 runs @ 40.92 in 43 Tests - The incumbent wicket-keeper and an excellent counter-attacking batsman.
  5. :eng: :bwl: Stuart Broad - Number 10 - 384 wickets @ 28.47 in 107 Tests - The other half of an excellent new-ball pair.
  6. :eng: :bat: Nick Browne - Opener - 3,964 runs @ 45.56 in 59 first-class matches - The outstanding county opener for several years ahead of so many they've tried.
  7. :eng: :wkb: Jos Buttler - Reserve - 784 runs @ 31.36 in 18 Tests - An able wicket-keeping understudy, and also an option to fill in should a middle-order vacancy open up.
  8. :eng: :bat: Joe Clarke - Number 3 - 2,669 runs @ 45.23 in 40 first-class matches - One of the outstanding young batsmen in the county game.
  9. :eng: :bat: Alastair Cook - Opener - 11,568 runs @ 46.83 in 142 Tests - The obvious premier opening batsman in the English team, and quite possibly in the world.
  10. :eng: :bwl: Tom Curran - Reserve - 167 wickets @ 29.42 in 50 first-class matches - Has spent plenty of time in and around England squads, excellent young bowler.
  11. :eng: :bat: Alex Hales - Number 5 - 573 runs @ 27.28 in 11 Tests - He's not flattered by his record as a Test opener, but he's the missing link in a vicious middle-order.
  12. :eng: :bat: Dan Lawrence - Reserve - 2,066 runs @ 43.95 in 35 first-class matches - England picked the wrong Essex batsman to bat at number three.
  13. :eng: :bwl: Jack Leach - Reserve - 141 wickets @ 27.88 in 46 first-class matches - Sort of the Nick Browne of spin bowlers.
  14. :eng: :bat: Liam Livingstone - Reserve - 1,537 runs @ 46.57 in 26 first-class matches - A back-up batsman for either the top- or middle-order.
  15. :eng: :bwl: Toby Roland-Jones - Reserve - 14 wickets @ 19.35 in 3 Tests - Definitely the next cab off the rank in the seam bowling department.
  16. :eng: :ar: Ben Stokes - Number 6 - 2211 runs @ 34.01 and 87 wickets @ 35.32 in 37 Tests - He got a couple of lives but seriously, how good did he look yesterday?
  17. :eng: :ar: Chris Woakes - Number 9 - 591 runs @ 29.55 and 48 wickets @ 29.33 in 17 Tests - In another side, he'd be the leading all-rounder. Made his debut at six.
Statistics accurate to the end of the previous Test.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

@Aislabie's Ashes Squad

1. :eng: :bat: Joe Root :c: - Number 4 - 5,191 runs @ 54.07 in 58 Tests - The captain, the premier batsman and the first name on the team sheet.
  2. :eng: :ar: Moeen Ali - Number 8 - 2,179 runs @ 34.58 and 126 wickets @ 36.49 in 42 Tests - The incumbent spinner and a very dangerous lower-order batsman.
  3. :eng: :bwl: Jimmy Anderson - Number 11 - 492 wickets @ 27.71 in 127 Tests - The leading bowler and another one of the first names on the team sheet.
  4. :eng: :wkb: Jonny Bairstow - Number 7 - 2,783 runs @ 40.92 in 43 Tests - The incumbent wicket-keeper and an excellent counter-attacking batsman.
  5. :eng: :bwl: Stuart Broad - Number 10 - 384 wickets @ 28.47 in 107 Tests - The other half of an excellent new-ball pair.
  6. :eng: :bat: Nick Browne - Opener - 3,964 runs @ 45.56 in 59 first-class matches - The outstanding county opener for several years ahead of so many they've tried.
  7. :eng: :wkb: Jos Buttler - Reserve - 784 runs @ 31.36 in 18 Tests - An able wicket-keeping understudy, and also an option to fill in should a middle-order vacancy open up.
  8. :eng: :bat: Joe Clarke - Number 3 - 2,669 runs @ 45.23 in 40 first-class matches - One of the outstanding young batsmen in the county game.
  9. :eng: :bat: Alastair Cook - Opener - 11,568 runs @ 46.83 in 142 Tests - The obvious premier opening batsman in the English team, and quite possibly in the world.
  10. :eng: :bwl: Tom Curran - Reserve - 167 wickets @ 29.42 in 50 first-class matches - Has spent plenty of time in and around England squads, excellent young bowler.
  11. :eng: :bat: Alex Hales - Number 5 - 573 runs @ 27.28 in 11 Tests - He's not flattered by his record as a Test opener, but he's the missing link in a vicious middle-order.
  12. :eng: :bat: Dan Lawrence - Reserve - 2,066 runs @ 43.95 in 35 first-class matches - England picked the wrong Essex batsman to bat at number three.
  13. :eng: :bwl: Jack Leach - Reserve - 141 wickets @ 27.88 in 46 first-class matches - Sort of the Nick Browne of spin bowlers.
  14. :eng: :bat: Liam Livingstone - Reserve - 1,537 runs @ 46.57 in 26 first-class matches - A back-up batsman for either the top- or middle-order.
  15. :eng: :bwl: Toby Roland-Jones - Reserve - 14 wickets @ 19.35 in 3 Tests - Definitely the next cab off the rank in the seam bowling department.
  16. :eng: :ar: Ben Stokes - Number 6 - 2211 runs @ 34.01 and 87 wickets @ 35.32 in 37 Tests - He got a couple of lives but seriously, how good did he look yesterday?
  17. :eng: :ar: Chris Woakes - Number 9 - 591 runs @ 29.55 and 48 wickets @ 29.33 in 17 Tests - In another side, he'd be the leading all-rounder. Made his debut at six.
I doubt they'll bring so many debutants and inexperienced players in. The boldest move they could make is recalling Hameed and Duckett.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
I doubt they'll bring so many debutants and inexperienced players in. The boldest move they could make is recalling Hameed and Duckett.
That's the corner they've backed themselves into by picking players with average records like Jennings, Malan, Stoneman and Westley rather than those who average mid-40s like Browne, Clarke, Lawrence or Livingstone. Imagine someone like Clarke going into The Ashes with seven Tests, two fifties and a ton to his name, rather than Westley or Duckett having that position

Dunc

School Cricketer
Going to the Gabba in November, 1st test match outside the UK for me supper excited any tips advice ? Can't wait for the atmosfear :)

Jenocide

Banned
Profile Flag
England
It's surreal to see that it's been 5 years Strauss retired and England are still struggling to find a partner for Cook.

I don't know what's up with Hameed, but he looked like someone who could serve England for a good 10-15 years. His technique and shot making was a sight to behold as far as I'm concerned!
This was and always will be an issues but at least there is one opener just need another maybe need to stick to one and have faith?[DOUBLEPOST=1504706272][/DOUBLEPOST]If anyone wants advice on Perth ask little Caropants.

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe

@Aislabie's Ashes Squad

Yeap, send Tom Curran over, even if it is just for cover or to play in the tour matches. I will cheer him on, If he plays during the MCG test.

Hopefully Sam Curran is selected for the ODIs & T20Is. :)

D

Dutch

I would love to see Alex Hales in there as i think he has the best credentials for the middle order slot....number three is a real tricky one for me....as in the opener.......Jennings looks scared.and scratchy.....I would have Stoneman in that slot I think

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If anyone wants advice on Perth ask little Caropants.

Perth used to be such a hard and bouncy track, but hasn't this changed in recent years?, if so why, to suit the state team etc?

D

Deleted member 46200

Perth used to be such a hard and bouncy track, but hasn't this changed in recent years?, if so why, to suit the state team etc?
Haven't lived there for ten years but usually they prep the pitch for the home team there for either the Warriors or Australia. But didn't England loose in 2010/11 with a number of top class pacers bowlers... ? I remember Johnson took around 6... ?

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Aussies look weak at the moment compared to England's squad. Only advantage they'd have is they'll be playing at home.

D

Dutch

I remember the 2013 Ashes as we were getting thrashed thinking yeah but if we get to Perth we can put up a fight
Aussies look weak at the moment compared to England's squad. Only advantage they'd have is they'll be playing at home.
It is pretty even I think, more ven than people think. There is a lot of talk about the English middle top and middle order but the Aussies are having their troubles too and Smith is under pressure and getting into spats.........a lot of the bowling responsibility will be on the shoulders of Broad and Anderson and Stokes.......

D

Dutch

This is my line-up....not sure of number three yet...

Cook
Stoneman
????
Root
Hales
Stokes
Bairstow
Ali
Woakes
Broad
Anderson

Users who are viewing this thread