Story The Cricketer 2009: Series 2

MacWorld

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
304553857_42707ffb96.jpg

Welcome to the Cricketer 2009

Series 2​

After the sucess of The Cricketer series 1, Channel 5 Uk decided to release series 2, this time in the West Indies. This show is based on the Uk version of the Apprentice, players can enter but only 12 will make it to the show, each week 1 player will be eliminated after failing to complete a challenge. The final person will win a cash prize of £100,000. Please make sure you are able to do the challenge's before joining.

That person will get a contract with Guyana A team for 6 months and the chance to extend it later. You can sign up for the show now. There are 14 spots availiable, just leave your name and details for a chance to win.

The show will be hosted by me MacWorld and Mike Gatting and Andrew Caddick are 2 Judges who will aid me on the show to decide...

Who will be the cricketer 2009

Mac World started off as a umpire for domestic cricket matches before becoming a commentator on Channel 5 for international test matches. He is an amazing commentator and everyone will agree with me when I say that he maybe the best commentator around, in 2007 he was promoted to be a Cricket presenter ahead of Mark Nicholas. Ever since then he has wowed audicences with his different styles of presenting and has bought many people who never liked cricket to watch it.

Now he has moved to Hampshire to present “The Cricketer” a brand new show on Channel 5. It is based on BBC’s The Apprentice but will be so much better. Mac World has enlisted the help of 2 cricketing legends who both used to play for England. Miike Gatting and Andrew Caddick, these 2 have the experience to tell which contestant has the balls to win.
Many have applied to be on the show but only the following have made it.

Presenter: Mac World
Judges: Andrew Caddick, Mike Gatting

name: Joe Bloggs
Skill: all rounder/batsman
Bowl: Legspin
Bat: Right hander
Other:

CURRENT TEAM-

Dr. Pepper
Ollie holden
20/20 Pro
James Edmonds
Adam Hornbuckle
World_Champions
shantanu_rooney
Ian Carlisle
Ben Smithson

Last edited:
name: Dr. Pepper
Skill: Bowler
Other: I can spin it a mile. I have fantastic leadership abilities. I'm a born winner.

I take it people who have already been on the show can't sign up.

yeh i forgot to mention that, If you were in the top 4 you can not join it again. I will make a exception if they want to join and there are free spaces.

name: Ollie Holden
Skill: Batsmen who can bowl.
Bowl: Off Spin
Bat: Right handed
Other:

yeh i forgot to mention that, If you were in the top 4 you can not join it again. I will make a exception if they want to join and there are free spaces.

I think they should be able to join up again and is a bit harsh if there not allowed just because they did well in the last series?

Zorax demands compensation after rigged voting!

Claims his loss wasn't fair, demands atleast a guest cameo in new season!

Legendary Downright Donkeys allrounder and The Cricketer 2008 finalist Zorax Doom has issued a lawsuit against the creators of The Cricketer claiming his loss was unfair, and demands he atleast recieves a guest appearance in the latest edition of the hit show.

Zorax, who lost to Danni Veza in the final, claims the voting was rigged, and that the only reason he lost was because he accidentally killed Andrew Caddick's pet dog in a net session 2 weeks into the show.

"He said my driving was comparable to that of a 3 year old girl, and to put more power behind it. I did, and boy I sure shut that ******s mouth up when I hit that little mutt of his!"

Zorax claims that an off-show event shouldn't have affected the final result of the show, but that Caddick took this grudge with him into the finals, where his opinion that Zorax used 'too much humour' eventually cost him the grand prize.

"Too much humour my ****. This is a TV show. I gave the people what they wanted - entertainment. The show would be nowhere if it weren't for me!

Indeed, opinion polls of the viewers should that over 80% of them wanted Zorax to win.

"And that too much filler assessment was just crap too. Take out the 'filler', and you'll see that all my articles fit the limits perfectly"

"It's just that Andy is a prick and can't get over the fact that I got rid of the one thing that loves him on this Earth. Yea, I said it."

Zorax's lawyers have said that Zorax would be willing to settle if he were to be awarded a cameo appearance on the show, preferably as a guest judge for a few tasks, if not a full-time role as a judge. Zorax was unable to comment on this, and we are yet to hear back from MacWorld's (The producer of The Cricketer) lawyers. Will Zorax be returning to Channel 5 UK and heading to Guyana, or will his case be tossed out of court? Will he earn billions, or fade into obscurity? Only time can tell, and we are waiting to see how this unfolds.

-Reuters.​

Disclaimer: I mean no offense to the real Andrew Caddick, just so if he happens to read this post. I'm sure you are a great guy and that there is more than one dog that loves you.

Name: James Edmonds
Skill: Batsman
Other: Born to win and can lead a team to victory. I have a mean cover drive, ie Michael Vaughan's.

name: Ollie Holden
Skill: Batsmen who can bowl.
Bowl: Off Spin
Other:

I think they should be able to join up again and is a bit harsh if there not allowed just because they did well in the last series?

Yeh fine, all except Zorax:p

Seriously it wasnt rigged Zorax:spy

name: Adam Hornbuckle
Skill: All rounder
Bowl: RF
Bat: Right

304553857_42707ffb96.jpg

Welcome to the Cricketer 2009

Series 2​

Zorax demands compensation after rigged voting!

After runner up contestant of The Cricketer 2008, Zorax Doom expressed concern that the final results may have been rigged in favour of Danni Veza. MacWorld instantly dismissed this saying that the judges and officials all agreed on the decision and that no off show antics caused the show to go in favour of Danni. Channel 5 have expressed their views saying that after a thorough investigation no evidence was found that supported the idea that the show was rigged.

Zorax Doom has not been told if he will be on the show but we do know that earlier today MacWorld announced that the age of fall and Zorax Doom would not be allowed to sign up for series 2. There has been a lot of speculation surrounding this with some people making claims that they were to replace caddick and Gatting. However these rumours are unconfirmed. Zorax has dropped the lawsuit and is due to appear as a guest during one episode.

name: World_Champions
Skill: Allrounder
Bowl: RF
Other:Excellent Leadership

I'll be following this closly. If anybody wants any tips just ask;)

EDIT: And I won't sign up this round, Ill let someone else win;)

:p

Last edited:
name: shantanu_rooney
Skill: Allrounder
Bowl: RM
Other:Great Fielder

Users who are viewing this thread