Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hi all

The DBC Fantasy league is where you pick the teams for my upcoming fixtures. Every week or so a new fixture will be announced, and it will be first come first served to submit your team. I will announce stadium, format, and pitch conditions beforehand.

In order to sim the games I will bowl as both teams, so games will take a while to complete.

Every forum member will go up on this leader board, with their win percentage the all important figure

Forum members are not tied to a team, they merely pick the team for my next match, so the winner will be someone who can pick teams well across the board.

FIXTURES

England (Langeveldt) v New Zealand (Dutch) - 5 day test
South Africa (Spitfires2007) v Australia (Thommo333) - ODI (Hard, green, pristine pitch)
West Indies (passwordistaco) v India (Kushari) - 5 day test pink ball. (Dry, slightly worn, slightly cracked)
Zimbabwe (Pure_Brad) v Bangladesh (not taken) (Dry, slightly worn, no cracks)

STANDINGS

Dutch -
Spitfires2007 -
Thommo333 -
passwordistaco -
Kushari -
Pure_Brad -
Langeveldt -

Last edited:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
You know what, in all honesty I couldn't quite work out why on earth you would want to watch AI v AI.

However I might give it a go while marking some test papers over the Christmas break, might not be as bad as I thought ha!

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
You know what, in all honesty I couldn't quite work out why on earth you would want to watch AI v AI.

However I might give it a go while marking some test papers over the Christmas break, might not be as bad as I thought ha!

Have you seen England lately? I play DBC as well, but I do a hell of a lot of writing and it is nice just to have something unintrusive on in the background. When you get a proper league going you can really get into it and a story unfolds like it does in the real world. Only problem in DBC14 I found all the players behaved very similarly so it didn't feel like a story, just some inputs and outputs. I am doing a world cup on Fifa 16 at the moment as well.

I think putting it on Twitch will be cool for people to dip into and out of to check how their team is doing. I mean why does anyone watch other people game?

D

Dutch

I would be keen to give it a bash! Have it running on my lappy while doing other stuff....

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
I would be keen to give it a bash! Have it running on my lappy while doing other stuff....

Pick a team then, any international team. I am not sure about running associates yet. We might spread ourselves a bit too thin then, seeing as I have to run the sims ball by ball!

D

Dutch

I am sure Wealey would want England so I'll take NZ if no Kiwi turns up wanting to take them...

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Cool, and if we dont have any more takers and somehow a copy ends up at my house, that can be the first match, check the first post for updates.

Let's kick off (when I get the game) with England v New Zealand from Lord's in a test match. It will be a good test for looking at the AI properly. I am not sure if the difficulty level has an effect, but it will be run on normal. Pitch conditions will be random, so you can tell me to pick one or the other player if you want an extra spinner etc.

Players have to be eligible and not Pietersens and Jesse Ryders who can't seem to get a game without people getting sacked and contracts being re-written and torn up. They dont have to be centrally contracted players, but I can't sim people who aren't qualified or would cause a diplomatic incident if they were picked. It's a grey area but I will be the final judge on that. Some players in the West Indies are really confusing when they can be represented. For example I would pick James Hildreth or Ollie Rayner who have never played for England, but not Thami Tsolekile who has played tests but who is serving a ban for fixing.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
On a side note, I never thoughts of watching a AI vs AI match, sounds like a great thing in the background while doing some work! I'll watch it on Twitch too!

D

Dutch

Yup I'll post a starting XI.....are you getting it for console?

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Yup I'll post a starting XI.....ate you getting it fir console?

Yeah PS4, my username on Twitch is Langeveldt. I am desperately trying to find a copy in the UK. I do spend a lot of time in SA where my internet is less robust, so if things go well and people are keen, then they can sim their own games and contribute to the league. I think in the interests of fairness anyone can sim anything, as long as they put it on Twitch and they are not simming their own teams. Then send me the scorecards so I can update the standings. We could get a lot of games played.

Thommo333

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Hi all

So as you may know by now I use DBC14 to just watch cricket while I work and intend to do the same with DBC17.

If I can see that the attributes and academy skills and mentalities make a tangible effect in the AI vs AI matches in DBC17, i think we could get some really good accurate cricket matches, true to life. Although I haven't got a copy to test yet, early signs are encouraging.

I am planning to maybe make a 2017 league and stream AI vs AI ODIs and Test Matches on Twitch. Teams will be picked by members of the community. It should all be very simple. You are basically picking teams, watching the matches on Twitch and there will be a giant leader board.

I will get best for all the attributes for teams, unless there is something really obviously wrong. I have no bias on who wins and watch a lot of cricket, so I think things will stay accurate and true to life. Players will be attributed according to their real world averages.

It will loosely follow fixtures from the real world. Each forum member represents a chairman of selectors for a country and picks their team for upcoming games.

Would anyone be keen on doing this? Give me a country and when I get the game and have tested that I can make something of this, I will run some fixtures. I guess first of all we can kick off with an India v England test match.

It will be first come first served regarding which teams you are the chairman of selectors for, but if forum members drop out and don't give picks, I will let someone else choose on their behalf who doesn't have a team.

I know it is dependent on how good your team is in the real world (or it should be), but I guess that is how things work realistically in the real world as well!

I think we can just work on percentages of fixtures won in 2017 for the champion, and then maybe learn some things for 2018. I dont want it to be loads of work as I want it to be easy to follow and maybe for other people to help run as well.

TEAMS

England - Wealey
New Zealand - Dutch

England P0 W0 W% 0
New Zealand P0 W0 W% 0

FIXTURES

England v New Zealand (Lord's) - 5 day test
Will this be done online or will you be simming all the matches yourself?

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Will this be done online or will you be simming all the matches yourself?

I'll be simming the games myself using AI vs AI but if all works out I intend to stream a lot of it on Twitch.

Users who are viewing this thread