I've had them now .
With Pepsi . :yes

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Has anyone of you ever tried biltong ? a true South African favorite. It's not exactly a dish , but a popular snack especially amongst guys watching Rugby.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Has anyone of you ever tried biltong ? a true South African favorite. It's not exactly a dish , but a popular snack especially amongst guys watching Rugby.
It is a long or short meat piece, some salt and pepper poured on it and then it is dried. After drying it for two-four days it is cooked and eaten if that what it is then Yes I have eaten it.[DOUBLEPOST=1489406719][/DOUBLEPOST]
It is a long or short meat piece, some salt and pepper poured on it and then it is dried. After drying it for two-four days it is cooked and eaten if that what it is then Yes I have eaten it.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
It is a long or short meat piece, some salt and pepper poured on it and then it is dried. After drying it for two-four days it is cooked and eaten if that what it is then Yes I have eaten it.
We add vinegar and coriander , and dry it for about a week (Depending on whether you dry it using a fan or in open air). It's delicious :yes us South Africans prefer to eat it just like that (No cooking)

D

Deleted member 46200

I believe it doesn't go down well with wine ;)
I'm reliably informed that you need a crate of Castle lager just to get the stain of your tongue let along the taste. That's done with bleach.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 46200

We add vinegar and coriander , and dry it for about a week (Depending on whether you dry it using a fan or in open air). It's delicious :yes us South Africans prefer to eat it just like that (No cooking)
I actually thought it was animal ligaments dried on a Rock until it is almost rotten.

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
If I do end up moving to the UK that becomes about 16,000kms more viable. Careful what you wish for!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread