Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
s43rmg.jpg

My Season 2 Stats (Inclusive of Season 1) :p

203 runs in T20 in 10 matches
322 runs in 50O in 10 Matches

----------

If I will download the new version, will I not be able to load my previous game?

Exactly :)

You will be able to load your previous game

----------

Also mate, I have achieved goals of 1000 runs plus 100+ boundaries. How will my selection to domestic level work out?

nadeem1350

School Cricketer
Created a player as Top Order Batsman and doesn't get to bowl! Why? Do I need to be Middle order batsman to bowl as an allrounder?

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Going Through The Seasons.

qxkjk4.jpg

At The End Of Season 4.

Scored 467 runs in 20 matches of T20
Scored 603 runs in 20 matches of 50 overs.

My 50 over average says I am better off 50 over player but Season 4 for me was pathetic.

I am slipped to 45 as batting rating. Check the white circle.

I am the only play who scores less runs. May be correct them. Also mate, it's frustrating to see tail bat longer and longer

harrisb

International Coach
Nice going Ben, while I was away you have made a lot of improvements, especially the UI, keep it going.

tocg

School Cricketer
Ben, it will be better if you work in one genre at a time. My suggestion will be that first complete the basic coding like game engine and then start on GUI. I always find myself in mess working both at a time.

Hey mate,

Yeh, I know what you mean, although sometimes I just need a break from coding and the GUI stuff is a nice refreshing change :)

cheer
tocg

----------

33xeiky.jpg

Season 1 Stats after Revised Simulation Engine

----------

It's better then previous, but check the High Score column in 50 Over stats and it's 0.

Also I have not scored a half century in T20 and scored 3 in 50 over.

But it still shows 1 in T20 and 1 in 50 where is the third?

Thanks Rohit, I'll look into these issues today.

I think this stems from some changes made to the save/load functionality..

cheers for the feedback :)
tocg

----------

Ben I am pretty happy with GUI work so far. but I think bg is little small since I can see thin white line at the top and at left.

Hey :)

Thanks for this, I'll try fix that up today and will let you know when it's done.

About the Create New Player screen, are you happy to send me through those slices that I PM'd you about?

I'd just like to tidy that side up a little bit :)

thanks mate,
tocg

----------

Hey Ben also, Still the tailenders score 50+ runs :(

There was a match where the opposite team was 200/8 odd runs and they ended up making 321 :p

I was frustrated as I lost and scored 268/5 :p

----------

Big Bug!! :eek:

I always get this screen whether I play against that club or not!!

2zemf4y.jpg

The actual match was against Andheri

mra9zm.jpg

Hey Rohit,

Thanks again for this - I was able to recreate the issue with the toss today so will have a fix in place for that over the next 24 hours.

I think the reason the tail enders are scoring so many runs is due to the 'bowling spell' that is being used. Basically the best bowlers are bowling the first overs (0 - 25 overs) and then the other bowlers are bowling the rest. I need to change the current bowling spell and then add in some more bowling spells which will mean that your opening bowlers are more likely to bowl at the start and end of the match and also if a bowler is too expensive then the 6th bowler has a bowl.. ..

Thanks again - let me know if you find more :)
tocg

----------

If I will download the new version, will I not be able to load my previous game?

Hey meet,

You should be able to, but some of your statistics may not be stored correctly.

Let me know how you go,
cheers
tocg

----------

Also mate, I have achieved goals of 1000 runs plus 100+ boundaries. How will my selection to domestic level work out?

I'm in the process of adding more information and clarity around these types of things.

Basically, once you acvhieve all the goals you will automatically get selected in your first class team. This will change to be a bit more advanced in future, maybe where you need to achieve your goals and then score 300 runs in 5 innings, or take 15 wickets in 5 innings. I'm not 100% sure about how this is going to work at the moment but all ideas are welcome.

Cheers Rohit,
tocg

----------

After completing every goals, I think.

Correct :D

----------

Another Goal completed, hope to get selected for Domestic soon :p

Let me know how you get on!

----------

Created a player as Top Order Batsman and doesn't get to bowl! Why? Do I need to be Middle order batsman to bowl as an allrounder?

Hey nadeem1350,

There are no all rounders at the moment, I had them in there initially but ran into a few issues so removed them. I'll add these back in over the next week or two.

Around this, I was thinking that it might be a good idea that when you start a career you select the role you would like to play but you start as (for instance) a number 5 batsman and a part time bowler. From there you can train to get into the role you want. So if you chose the role of an opening batsman then you would have to train (defensive technique etc) for the things an opening batsman would train for. Then as you improve you move up the order... or if you wanted to be a fast bowler then you have to train (weights etc) for the things that help a fast bowler. By doing it this way you would get more control of your players destiny and be able to shape the players career better.

This is just a thought at the moment but something that I have been thinking about for a while. A fair bit of re-coding would need to be done so it isn't a priority at the moment... just food for thought :)

cheers
tocg

tocg

School Cricketer
Going Through The Seasons.

qxkjk4.jpg

At The End Of Season 4.

Scored 467 runs in 20 matches of T20
Scored 603 runs in 20 matches of 50 overs.

My 50 over average says I am better off 50 over player but Season 4 for me was pathetic.

I am slipped to 45 as batting rating. Check the white circle.

I am the only play who scores less runs. May be correct them. Also mate, it's frustrating to see tail bat longer and longer

Hey mate,

The rating system is pretty basic at the moment as well. I'll work on how those ratings are assigned and see if we can make that work a bit better.

I probably also need to make sure the goals are achievable with the new performance engine so will run some tests on that today.

thanks again mate
tocg

Near

Club Cricketer
hey,tocg just a tiny suggestion,I know you are gonna finish the shop later but could you add a few bowler gear like shoes for example.If you play as a bowler now,there are quite a few disadvantages.And have you thought of adding a training system?Then I think progressing through the career would be easier.

nadeem1350

School Cricketer
hey,tocg just a tiny suggestion,I know you are gonna finish the shop later but could you add a few bowler gear like shoes for example.If you play as a bowler now,there are quite a few disadvantages.And have you thought of adding a training system?Then I think progressing through the career would be easier.

In order to make it more realistic, the training sessions should give less experience or boost ups than the actual matches...then the issue of "easier progression" will not happen to the extent we might fear!

And also, if trying to introduce human relations and negotiations, take a leaf out of latest Football Manager 2011, where they introduced new system of chatting, negotiations and press relations. Even if unable to see it in game, have a look at screenshots at gamespot and you might get some raw idea of its implementation.

nadeem1350

School Cricketer
The highest score in OD format is the same as last match score, rather than the best score of the career. Have a look at these screenshots and get the idea what I'm saying. It is a small glitch, but a noteworthy!

Attachments

• TOCG1.png
    TOCG1.png
    8 KB · Views: 13
  • TOCG2.png
    TOCG2.png
    8 KB · Views: 15

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@ Ben yes sure as soon as I get some free time I'll give you the create a player page slices.

tocg

School Cricketer
@ Ben yes sure as soon as I get some free time I'll give you the create a player page slices.

Thanks s2y :)

Folks - I'm away for the next 4 days and won't have access to internet.

I'll reply to posts when I get back.

cheers all
tocg

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Hope to see you come back with loads of update and new things. Cheers and comeback soon

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
It's been 13 days now mate!! Whats up?

Any progress? Whats wrong? At least give us a version with all teams or World Championship version :)

Users who are viewing this thread