The Online Cricket Game

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Also mate, I am sick and tired with scores below 20 runs in almost every match. My rating has gone down to 7 :(

tocg

School Cricketer
It's been 13 days now mate!! Whats up?

Any progress? Whats wrong? At least give us a version with all teams or World Championship version :)

Hey Rohit,

I've uploaded another version overnight and am working through some tounaments at the moment.

I'll re-post when we have more details or progress on that. Hope to have some more progress over the next few days.

The new version has a number of updates included:
1. Gear now ages as you use it, still more work to do on this but as it stands your gear only lasts a certain amount of balls. Once the gear breaks or wears out you will need to purchase more gear or your performances will suffer.
2. Further details about how much you receive from sponsorship can be found by clicking on your sponsors name in the Finances panel. There are now two sponsors in the game - more to come :)
3. Some modifications have been made to the shop that will allow me to start adding more and more gear.

cheers
tocg

----------

Also mate, I am sick and tired with scores below 20 runs in almost every match. My rating has gone down to 7 :(

Hey again,

You're probably best to restart your game as until the training side is implemented you are going to find it hard to improve your performances. Even then, a rating of 7 is going to be hard to improve.

As this is a concept version, unfortunately that means that at times these sorts of things will happen and the only way to get back to a level playing field will be to restart. I'm trying to get rid of these things from within the game though so rest assured that this will improve down the line.

cheers
tocg

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
TBH mate I am getting bored playing the same things again and again. Please update the new version with some solid playing asap

tocg

School Cricketer
TBH mate I am getting bored playing the same things again and again. Please update the new version with some solid playing asap

Hey rahulkhush,

Thanks for the feedback and letting me know. I am still working through some of the basics of the game, i.e. four innings matches, finishing off progression to internationals, adding in extras etc. These things will not dramatically change the game at this point.

What I do need to do is get some more feedback from you guys around the types of things that you would like built into the game to make it better.

Do you feel that you need to have more control over the players / bowlers / fielders? Would you like to control all the players instead of just your own? Do there need to be more options when batting and bowling, such as front foot and back foot aggression, delivery types such as off spin, leg spin etc. Would you like an element of skill added to the game such as a meter where you have to click to time your shots?

Let me know as I do want to keep this game being built like the people playing it want it built.. For the game to improve I need the feedback so I apprecaite your comments :)

cheers
tocg

Near

Club Cricketer
Hey tocg,have you thought of adding manager mode in the game?I mean like after you retire you have the chance to be coach/manager and you can add a retire button too,so people who don't feel like playing as a player and want to become a manager early they can do that.But it will be available 10 seasons or something or people would retire before playing a single match as a cricketer and that would be unrealistic.I think it would be great to have a game with 2 in 1.And I would like to see more customization options like left handed batsman,leg spin bowler and of course if you want you can add special skills like death overs bowler,hard hitting batsman,defensive wall etc.And add an aging system for the player.

And I am liking the new version can't wait to see more gear and sponsors

tocg

School Cricketer
Hey tocg,have you thought of adding manager mode in the game?I mean like after you retire you have the chance to be coach/manager and you can add a retire button too,so people who don't feel like playing as a player and want to become a manager early they can do that.But it will be available 10 seasons or something or people would retire before playing a single match as a cricketer and that would be unrealistic.I think it would be great to have a game with 2 in 1.And I would like to see more customization options like left handed batsman,leg spin bowler and of course if you want you can add special skills like death overs bowler,hard hitting batsman,defensive wall etc.And add an aging system for the player.

And I am liking the new version can't wait to see more gear and sponsors

Hey mate,

I think that adding in the choice to retire and manage is a really good option. I was wanting to keep this separate from the 'management' type games but realize that it takes away from the game by doing this... thanks for that feedback - really great idea!

The other options (leg spin, specialities like death bowler etc) are on the cards to be done, but just not sure when at this stage.

What do you think is the biggest thing missing from the game at the moment?

cheers!
tocg

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
I don't know why I am saying this again and again but a tournament is missing like a world club championship

Near

Club Cricketer
I would say that the game is missing something like depth or a story or something like.I mean all you can do is play a few games score runs or take wickets and get selected to play in a higher leveled team.All rounder options could help.You should add transfer options like you can switch teams like from essex to sussex and add something like a rival or something of the sort(like if you have a slump your rival will be chosen and you won't then it will always be immense competition) having that would make the game way more exciting.And as rahulkhush said something like a world club championship or the icc world cup could help.Will post more feedback later.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Ben where are you?

tocg

School Cricketer
I would say that the game is missing something like depth or a story or something like.I mean all you can do is play a few games score runs or take wickets and get selected to play in a higher leveled team.All rounder options could help.You should add transfer options like you can switch teams like from essex to sussex and add something like a rival or something of the sort(like if you have a slump your rival will be chosen and you won't then it will always be immense competition) having that would make the game way more exciting.And as rahulkhush said something like a world club championship or the icc world cup could help.Will post more feedback later.

Hey mate,

I completely agree with the lack of depth within the game. A majority of the feedback I receive is based around having more involvement within the game so I have been working on this over the past week.

I need to re-code the way the teams and players are selected so at the moment transfers (or any flexability) with players is not possible. This needs to be possible so the recoding will begin shortly - I expect that this could take a month or two to do.

The club championships are coming along. At this stage I have separated the 5050 and 2020 matches & points tables so that there are 5050 finals and 2020 finals. I am also finalizing the four innings matches at the moment which should be done in a couple of days.

Other than this, the player is now Captain from the beginning of the game. This means that you control all players, as well as select the bowlers (although you can only select from the 6 visible bowlers at the moment), this gives you more interaction in the game, but the focus is still on you to progress you career.

I hope to have an update over the next two or three days with most of these options in there.

thanks again for the feedback - definitely keep it coming!

cheers
tocg

----------

I don't know why I am saying this again and again but a tournament is missing like a world club championship

Hey rahulkhush,

The majority of the feedback that I am getting at the moment is that there needs to be more interaction when playing the matches. It's a bit boring if you you're a bowler and never get to bat or a batsman and never get to bowl. Or if you get out early and have to watch the rest of the match.

So, in light of this (along with the details in my last post to P23456789), I am adding in the all rounders again and hope to have those completed over the next few days.

The club champs etc are on the cards to be done but until there are enough options and enough interaction when playing the matches this will be further down the priority list.

thanks again for the feedback, I appreciate you taking the time to remind me!

cheers
tocg

----------

Ben where are you?

Hey mate,

I should probably mention, I'm trying to spend less time posting and more time coding. It also can take a lot of time to post and cross post and that time is better spent doing the coding and planning how the game is going to work. It's better for you guys in the long run but I apologize if I seem to be 'missing in action' a bit lately.

I'll keep an eye out on this post and do my best to reply to all posts within a more timely manner.

thanks again - I know you only post coz you care :)

cheers
tocg

----------

Jeez, he has a life!

:cheers

Last edited:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
You have a life but updates any?

tocg

School Cricketer
Hey folks.

We've having a number of issue with the semi's and finals and its going to need a rather big re-code.

Unfortunately when I started this project a lot of the coding was not done very well. I'm working through tidying that up.

In the mean time, ill update the game over the next 24 hours minus the semi's and finals. The new version will allow you to control the bowlers and batsmans aggression.

Will re-post when it's up and running
cheers
tocg

Users who are viewing this thread