The PlanetCricket Battrick Sledging Thread

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm still waging a war here against Mamun.

Nothing's going to change, but I'm sure as hell not going to let him have an easy two terms.

He's got an OD League full of Bots and still somehow lost his Cup game against a Bot team. He can say he threw the game, but that makes no sense whatsoever. What a failure :facepalm

You ever need a hand in causing a riot over a bad election winner, be sure to let me know.

I am surprised that a team loosing to a bot is going to manage an U-19 team :p

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Heh must say something about the voters. I think I heard that 30 voted, so he needed 16.

I guess in the small regions, you can't avoid small influences, but I don't think voting should be nestled away where you can easily ignore it. Obviously, many of us don't really care who the NT managers are, but I doubt anyone would mind ticking a box every now and then. Does an election link pop up in the country box on the front page? I'm not sure I've seen it.

It just seems to lack integrity. There's not really any way to find out how elections work except by reading the news feed and observing the election progress on the boards. Rather than just randomly being allowed to run at any point before the polls close, I think candidacy should be determined before the election. There should be an independent body or process that conducts a pre-selection, which verifies the candidates.

In terms of Bangladesh, it seems the campaign suffered from a lack of process as much as anything. On Aug 30, Mamun was attacking the two candidates from 13:00-16:00. After it seemed Sheralam would run unopposed, Mamun decided he'd run a campaign that lasted all of, what, 15 hours? I can't bring myself to join in the Dev board discussion, because some of the opinions are borderline comedy. Some of those people just seem to be protecting their hides as much as anything.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
And now all the discussion in the Dev board is being deleted. Nice.

I don't understand why the Admins are afraid to do anything about this.

I'll put in your suggestion though Angy. It's a good one too.

ZoraxDoom added 16 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

AngryAngy, you got this stat wrong. Apparently mamun's election campaign was several days more than just 15 hours :p

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I mean he created a thread and didn't seem to bother campaigning after the first day, not that he started the thread 15 hours before the poll closed. I thought it was pretty funny that there people saying he simply ran a great campaign; he simply responded to one post! If he was still beating the drum after that, then he wasn't doing it in his thread.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Was looking through the teams in my OD league and saw that all the teams were insane amounts better than me so I remembered the thing called Bat Stats. So, it turns out I am in the second hardest group of Division 3. I'm in for a season of rape!

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Hmm. There are 22 sides with strong or better fielding in England. 17 sides in Australia. 7 in NZ. 6 in WI. 3 in Pakistan. 2 in SL & SA. 0 in India.

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
He only scored 4 runs :p

Funknath added 2 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Chesney led India to victory tbh

BatStats ... see no.43 in that list :cool:

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Looking at the RS and squad of all the team in my Division, I am pretty much the second strongest team in it :D

Users who are viewing this thread