The PlanetCricket Don Bradman 17 'Which teams to download' thread

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Thanks @Llewelynf for such an amazing Indian team....really appreciate your hard work... love the kits...

Guys, is there any update on Srilanka, West indies and IPL teams?

I guess after this we will be in a position to start career.... (obviously after patch 3 is released)

Thanks a lot once again...

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I also looked into this issue a lot and I sent my results through to MattW who said BigAnt will look into a fix soon but here's what I found/sent to him (It's long but detailed):

Hey Matt,
As you know myself and many others have a problem where there are duplicates of players in our careers when there aren't any duplicates in our academy. I have find out why there are duplicates but I don't know how to fix it. This is the stuff I found out:

^^^^This is Mitchell Starc's on disk linked player, Martin Samson (Note there is only one). The academy in this is completely reset and no teams/players/etc have been downloaded. He is attached to NSW, Sixers (Maximum), Australia, and Crowns. I am looking at Samson from the "Copy player appearance from career" option when you start a career mode which allows you to view every player that will be in the career mode(I know that you more then likely already know that feature but it's easier for me if I just explain everything so I don't miss anything), which is this image below.

What I did next is replace a few teams in the academy (Australia, South Africa, New Zealand and NSW) all of which were correctly linked. I double checked too make sure there were no duplicates in the academy and then started a new career. I checked in the same section as last time for which players were in the career and when I searched for starc in this section this is what it showed.

As you can see, there are now three different starcs all unlinked, all attached to a different team. Obviously it should be one starc who is attached to all teams and is linked. What I think has happened is that when the players in the teams are downloaded, even if I press "Replace current with new" (Which I did for Australia after I had already downloaded NSW) the player won't actually be replaced, instead the new version will be seen by the academy as a separate player. It's also important to note that the Mitchell Starc who in the photo above says he is playing for "Maximum" and "Crwons". These are the two teams that starc is attached to that I did not download. Which kind of proves my theory on why he is being duplicated. Keep in mind this is all looking at starc through the career mode search not the academy search. In the academy there is one mitch starc who is linked and attached to all the necessary clubs.

Another thing to note is that on the academy, starc is rated 88 yet on career it says he is 89, which is another error caused by the connection between the academy and career.

I tried to remove starc from all his attached teams and then add him back in the academy hoping it would kind of reset him in career. Instead in the career search, it just made 4 copies of him all attached to a single one of his teams except this time they were all linked. Shown in the photo below.

Another thing that proves this (which I don't have photos of sadly) is that Hashim Amla who is only attached to one club (South Africa and their ATB but of course ATB is not in career) shows up in the career search as a linked player attached to South Africa.

Basically the issue is when the academy is telling you that your downloaded player is linked and attached to all his teams, but when you start your career, there is actually multiple versions of that player all attached to ONE team. This would obviously lead to having duplicates of high rated players such as mitch starc in the aussie team as not only is he already in the BBl(Sixers) and australian domestic comps (NSW) which makes the career mode think that they are 3 completely different players, hence selects all of them due to they're high ratings and people who play career end up having three mitch starcs or whoever else. It also works with Steve smith except most people have two of him as he belongs to NSW and Australia, but not a BBl club.

Hope this info is helpful and makes sense (I know it's long but I wanted to be thorough) and that this can be fixed soon.

I know I am late to the party here but bravo sir. That is magnificent. Well done.

Zaneo

Club Captain
If you get a crash then change it, if not don't ;) the Big Bash were particularly bad ... I could not even start a custom game if they had their logos!
I just downloaded the game did the instructions for the patch created myself in the career mode and 2 games in crashed any ideas

dabatman

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Sorry for such a newbie question - and I am probably going to hang my head in shame once the answer is supplied.
I know there is an issue with the logo's - and to get around the crash you delete the logo data and then can go in and add logos through team manager to the default ones 'on the disk'. However have seen many people say that they can download the kits with no issues etc - and others saying they can't.

I don't want to break my career mode and so was just wondering if you could download the kits that so many on here have been dedicating a lot of their time to creating, or whether I should wait until Patch 3 (currently running patch 2) to be able to play BBL with the shirts looking right instead of looking like they have brought $6 shirts from K-Mart and are wearing them?

Just seen a couple other threads where people are arguing about it, "Well I have the kits no problem", "You can download the kits and go into team manager and change the logo to the default", "No you can't I have issues" etc etc so was hoping @MattW , @BigAntStudios or someone else may be able to clarify for me so I know whether to go looking for kits or not.

EDIT: Okay so it seems as though some of the kits tend to work - I just quickly downloaded the Sydney Sixers and played a 5/5 match with them (thinking like other reports it will crash part way through etc) but was able to complete the whole match so will now go through all the other teams and see how they go.

Last edited:

Slarkmeister

School Cricketer
Hi All,
Just bought DBC17 yesterday and think it's amazing, well done all at Big Ant you should be proud. I got well excited when I saw the historical teams in the team selections. Am I correct in thinking that the players in the historical teams are based on real players but just with a fake name? If this is correct is there a list out there I can use to change the players names. If I am wrong has someone created realistic versions for each historical team in the academy?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
first try removing the team LOGO in team editor in academy -- use the default logos for the teams, if this does not work.....delete each downloaded team (ie return them to default) then do get best on the bbl teams and then go add the default team logos to each team (i found that after deleting the team the default team logo was blank and get best does not download team logos for now, so the team logo remained blank!)

tangledbrave

School Cricketer
It worked. Deleted the teams and did get best. Team logo is set to default though. But able to start BBL.:thumbs

Zaneo

Club Captain
Went to get best and the big bash teams didn't even have real club names? Am i missing something here?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
you did get best on what? you need to do get best for every list of teams....

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Guys also noticed getting multiples of stadiums when downloading all the teams, I have 4 Adelaides etc etc.....wonder whats going on here ;(

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Guys also noticed getting multiples of stadiums when downloading all the teams, I have 4 Adelaides etc etc.....wonder whats going on here ;(

It happened to me too, I realized I was downloading duplicate stadiums from Academy. I deleted all and again re-downloaded entire list last evening and reassigned stadiums again. :( it took 2 hours for this clean up, and I had to restart career. Till now no duplicates after the redownload.

cd779

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
@Jerm and @surendar: Correct me if this isn't the case, but in my experience when you download a new team from the Academy, it downloads all of the stadiums attached to that team regardless of whether you already have it downloaded. So with Adelaide Oval for example, that could be Australia, South Australia and Adelaide Strikers, plus one other team.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Oh my bad I didn't realize. You are right @cd779. Just saw again and yes, there are multiple stadiums again. One more learning of hidden information.

Users who are viewing this thread