The VB Series 2006

VB Series Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
andrew_nixon said:
Only once. Martin Snedden of New Zealand went for 105 against England at the Oval in 1983.

However, that was in a 60 over game, and hence Snedden had 12 overs. Murali's is the worst in a 50 over game.

105 divided by 12 = 8.75 RPO
99 divded by 10 = 9.9 RPO

Murali was more expansive :eek:

donkey

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
geeeez they truly went berserk in the last 10 overs....133 runs :hpraise

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Drewska said:
105 divided by 12 = 8.75 RPO
99 divded by 10 = 9.9 RPO

Murali was more expansive :eek:
*expensive

It was crazy, I couldn't believe it when Hussey belted a six off a noball and then a four from the next, 11 runs off one ball!

In a situation like that, you would think Atapattu would have tried to protect him from it, or simply not use him, but then again, who was he to use instead?

kodos

International Coach
squiz said:
It's not like it was out anyway. Jayawardene the cheat was trying to claim a catch which clearly bounced before he caught it.

I wouldn't call Jayawardena a cheat. It did seem like it bounced just infront of him or it was half fingers and half ground. I would suppose most fielders in the same position would also feel that it may have carried straight into his hands. At least he apologied in-game to Ponting and Ponting accpected so all ends well.

Anyone else see Symonds poking the spectator when he left the ground?? That was hillarious and that spectator didn't seem to pleased as well:D

y2j826

International Captain<br><a href="http://www.plane
kodos said:
Anyone else see Symonds poking the spectator when he left the ground?? That was hillarious and that spectator didn't seem to pleased as well:D

thats true symonds did that and i also agrees that the spectator didnt like symonds a bit at that moment. symonds must have to aplogise for that, cuz crowds cheers for them.

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
Symonds doesnt have to apologise for anything...

he's a proffessional athlete and is entitled to his own personal security...for all he knew it couldve been some deranged lunatic wanting to harm him.

Cricket_60

International Coach
Agreed, I didn't actually see it but a mate told me the guy tried to hug him :eek:

That's going way over the top. Who want's to get hugged by a stranger after you've been batting for 2 hours.

y2j826

International Captain<br><a href="http://www.plane
i am australian supporter and i always support australia, for that guy he was not going to hug symonds, he was just congratulating him, and symonds treat him as wrong way, think about it if u were at that guys place and same happens to u ?

Sando

Club Cricketer
Symonds was also involved in an incident at the end of his 151 when he used his bat to push away a spectator who looked like he was going to hug the batsmen. "I was just exhausted," Symonds said in the Sydney Morning Herald. "I had my head down. As I looked up, the bloke had his arms in the air and I thought he was going to hug me.

"I just would have collapsed because I had nothing left. I just put my bat in his chest so he couldn't jump on me." Symonds was named Man of the Match as Australia sealed the game by 167 runs.

That's Symo's take on the event.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
SL win the toss and bat first. Bracken picks up Jayasuriya and could have had Sangakkara but Katich dropped him. It went dam quick to my eye but Katich was in position so no excuses really.

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
damn it Katich!!! i spose he'll go on and make a hundred now.

i hate when australia lose the toss, i dont think they're very good at chasing, especially totals over 250.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Its fine especially at the Gabba and when you have Bracken getting 2 wickets, Marvin gone now. Did you see that catch by Symonds, good dam he made a extremely hard catch look easy.

Our big test will be when Vass bowls as I remember when WI had us in big trouble at the Gabba when we batted 2nd.

Users who are viewing this thread