TheArtofCricket.net

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
As the game is designed to the public's needs, the website is designed to the public's needs! In this thread you may discuss The Cricket Project's official website, criticise it, suggest something for it and even just brag about your high score in Cone Crazy 2!
As many of you are unaware, I monitor the day to day runnings of the website, add news, videos, screenshots and et cetera, not legend_master as he's busy making the game. So any questions about the website or suggestions can be prompted to me and I will answer them as best I can.
I will also be updating you with the latest happenings on the website in a post, when I get news of them. Below is your first update:

Update #1: A stylish new theme, specifically designed for TheCricketProject.com is in production by myself, whitehornmatt and holmie to be launched soon.

Click here

Last edited:

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, let us see.I am working in 800x600 res

1.Navigation part is too low down the screen.Also font are lightly small.
2.Too much blue /red
3.Game features need their own space.Also need updating.

As for bragging, I have highest score in AirFox :D :D :D
Also 2nd highest in Cone Crazy 2. :happy :happy :happy

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Thanks for your comments. Here's the answers:
1). The Navigation block appears at a suitable height on the homepage to me when I set my monitor to 800*600 display and on Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Unfortunately this is as heigh as I can make it go at this stage. I am aware that the font is slightly small. I will tell whitehornmatt and holmie about this so it is bigger for the new theme.

2). The new theme will have a more neutral feel to it. Expect it to be launched in the next few weeks.

3). I will see what I can do about the Features block managing to get its own page. It doesn't need updating yet as that is the official features list that I have been sent from legend_master.
Trust me, a lot more accessibility will come up when whitehornmatt and holmie have finished the new theme.

holmie

Club Cricketer
i sent the pictures to matt. now lets see what he does.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
blackleopard92 said:
Well, let us see.I am working in 800x600 res
I am currently designing it for 800x600, becuase from stats from my own site around 40% of visitors use it, there are few, <1%, 640x480 users, so I think that 800x600 works well.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Here is the logo I am most likely going to use, the back is from holmies overlay, and I think it looks good.

I will start doing the rest of the theme later today or tomorrow.
If anyone thinks anything from that should be changed feel free to post.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
cool!

excellent, guys! Matt, that is fantastic...

great work Lee, Matt and Holmie...this is a really good thread to have..

keep it up guys, i cant wait to see the final product! :clap :clap :D

cheers,

LM

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
legend_master said:
excellent, guys! Matt, that is fantastic...
Thanks, I have finally got my server and postnuke working so I can start coding the site :onpc

holmie

Club Cricketer
matt how about keep the ful version a secret and only post small screens to build excitement. if you need people to advise you on your work me and skateboarder are there for you. but i want the skin to be released officially on an official date so its a surprise for the public

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
whitehornmatt said:
I am currently designing it for 800x600, becuase from stats from my own site around 40% of visitors use it, there are few, <1%, 640x480 users, so I think that 800x600 works well.
I checked the statistics for TheCricketProject.com and found out that 60.19% of the visitors use the 1024*768 screen resolution.
I liked the design that holmie sent me in a private message, but the Screenshots segment isn't such an updated part any more as most people visit the Forum and find the latest ones there. Perhaps there should be a note on the Screenshots segment explaining the latest ones can be found in the Forum.
Also I forgot to add that the website and the Screenshots segment use different softwares. The website uses PostNuke and the Screenshots segment uses Coppermine Image Gallery.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
SkateBoarder said:
I checked the statistics for TheCricketProject.com and found out that 60.19% of the visitors use the 1024*768 screen resolution.
I liked the design that holmie sent me in a private message, but the Screenshots segment isn't such an updated part any more as most people visit the Forum and find the latest ones there. Perhaps there should be a note on the Screenshots segment explaining the latest ones can be found in the Forum.
Also I forgot to add that the website and the Screenshots segment use different softwares. The website uses PostNuke and the Screenshots segment uses Coppermine Image Gallery.

I agree, ithink 1024x768 would be the norm these days...also, yes, should be a link on the gallery saying "find latest screens here" and have it point to the TCP forum (Game Screenz thread?) on PlanetCricket.net

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
legend_master said:
I agree, ithink 1024x768 would be the norm these days...also, yes, should be a link on the gallery saying "find latest screens here" and have it point to the TCP forum (Game Screenz thread?) on PlanetCricket.net
The one I have got now fits into 800x600 but looks squashed, in 1024x768 it looks nicer. A link sounds like a good idea although it would be good to update the gallery a bit more often.
However try to keep pic size low, as many people are still on dial up.
I'm on dialup so I always keep that in mind

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread