This game features promised are too good to be believed

Status
Not open for further replies.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Thing for me is Cricket is a big thing for Ross.

Think im right in saying his son in law plays. Therefore he will no if this game plays and feels like cricket.

His wants and needs in a game will be similar to ua cricket fans as he is the same.

I have full faith in this title and i feel it could shock a few of us!

All the members on here know how cricket works in real like, i bet a lot of us have played in are past or still do. I miss playing the real thing but i was never real good. So just because you know how cricket works does not mean you can make a cricket game. Still Ross has made other good sport games in the past so it's in good hands but there is that feeling of the unknown being so much will be different in this game to the past or ashes.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
All the members on here know how cricket works in real like, i bet a lot of us have played in are past or still do. I miss playing the real thing but i was never real good. So just because you know how cricket works does not mean you can make a cricket game. Still Ross has made other good sport games in the past so it's in good hands but there is that feeling of the unknown being so much will be different in this game to the past or ashes.

Missed my point mate..... He will no that you cant play a pull shot to a yorker....

Being a cricket lover and someone who is personally very involved in the game, he wudn let these errors slide. I presume!!

My point being the same things that bug as would bug him just as much, so he wouldn settle for that!!

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Missed my point mate..... He will no that you cant play a pull shot to a yorker....

Being a cricket lover and someone who is personally very involved in the game, he wudn let these errors slide. I presume!!

My point being the same things that bug as would bug him just as much, so he wouldn settle for that!!

Like someone else said, i bet ross and bigant will not make the same mistakes as trickstar have, they will make there own. So i do understand you do have a lot of faith in bigant and so do i but at the same time i'm a little nervous, like going to watch your favorite superhero at the movies and remembering the past and how sometimes there were good memories but so much bad. God my fingers crossed.:cheers

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Like someone else said, i bet ross and bigant will not make the same mistakes as trickstar have, they will make there own. So i do understand you do have a lot of faith in bigant and so do i but at the same time i'm a little nervous, like going to watch your favorite superhero at the movies and remembering the past and how sometimes there were good memories but so much bad. God my fingers crossed.:cheers

Ha yeah i agree with all that! I just meant a huge cricket fan wouldn let glaring bugs that trickstar had slide!

I at first did think this game sounded to good to be true!!

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Ha yeah i agree with all that! I just meant a huge cricket fan wouldn let glaring bugs that trickstar had slide!

I at first did think this game sounded to good to be true!!

Just think this, if we are all this excited about news, wait till we see the game running or better on are tv or pc.:cheers

p.s Also who is saying the makers of ashes 2013 or the older games are not big cricket fans. I would not make a soccer or baseball game as i don't like them sports. There has to be passion there for the company or they will fail from the start.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Just think this, if we are all this excited about news, wait till we see the game running or better on are tv or pc.:cheers

p.s Also who is saying the makers of ashes 2013 or the older games are not big cricket fans. I would not make a soccer or baseball game as i don't like them sports. There has to be passion there for the company or they will fail from the start.

Ok well put it this way, if i loved cricket and wanted to make a game i was really proud of and wanted to set the benchmark high, id be far to embarrassed to release a game that contained shot that were physically impossible to play!!

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Ok well put it this way, if i loved cricket and wanted to make a game i was really proud of and wanted to set the benchmark high, id be far to embarrassed to release a game that contained shot that were physically impossible to play!!

I think we are still thinking about the yorker for six again problem.:facepalm
If real physics are in these games like they are saying then this should not happen again. At the moment ross has done almost nothing wrong, where ashes get's worse by the day. Just look at the features for bigant game, amazing is the best word for it.

For Ross if the controls are a little tricky, did you ever think about putting nets in the game as this is the only feature i am shocked is not in the game.:spy

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The same discussions are going on in the other Big Ant Thread too.So there is no point of this seperate thread.I would rather recommend closing this one.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Hilarious thread is hilarious. In other news, some people are really stupid.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I think we are still thinking about the yorker for six again problem.:facepalm
If real physics are in these games like they are saying then this should not happen again. At the moment ross has done almost nothing wrong, where ashes get's worse by the day. Just look at the features for bigant game, amazing is the best word for it.

For Ross if the controls are a little tricky, did you ever think about putting nets in the game as this is the only feature i am shocked is not in the game.:spy

I cant work out why you adding a counter argument to what im saying. The yorker thing is just an example.

Im just saying in my opinion glaring issues like this im hoping wont be in this game knowing how personal cricket and the game is to ross.

I wasn't debating anything just saying why i think it will be a success replying to the title of the thread!

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Any thread that begins with the statement, "rip EA cricket" is off to a cracking start. The rest of the thread has been either a cracking mixture of intentionally ironic posts, or a bunch of morons chatting rubbish :p

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Any thread that begins with the statement, "rip EA cricket" is off to a cracking start. The rest of the thread has been either a cracking mixture of intentionally ironic posts, or a bunch of morons chatting rubbish :p

Thing is you make a simple point then someone twists it in several ways throws back a counter argument and then asks mr ross if he can answer another question!

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Thing is you make a simple point then someone twists it in several ways throws back a counter argument and then asks mr ross if he can answer another question!

I was asking ross a question to end this supject that's all ok.
To end this, yes we admire bigant for trying something different with a cricket game and i hope it works.

----------

It's not nice to call people morons or stupid ok, if you don't like what we are writing then leave.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
The day a game's PR says "Our game will probably be fairly average. We're almost certainly not going to deliver on everything we promise. In fact, most of you should probably forget we're releasing it in your lifetimes and only buy it if you happen to stumble across it in a second hand game shop at bargain prices where we don't get to see any of the profit..."

Err meh.

----------

It's not nice to call people morons or stupid ok, if you don't like what we are writing then leave.

So you were being intentionally ironic :spy:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread