To Draw or not to Draw?

• Yes - c'mon everyone, go for the win and stop messing about!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - I quite like the idea of playing out my overs for a draw!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
S

sonic

The OCB are considering the abolishment of drawn matches, teams have been given allocated overs which equate to exactly 5 days worth of cricket, and we are considering making a rule that if you fail to achieve the chase in the second innings you will lose the match - even should you NOT be bowled out for the alotted wicket allocation...the idea is to make players go for the win and stop all these silly draws...I have noticed some players may well play for a draw if they can even with the new law...but if I erase that possibility then we will get a more positiive attitude from everyone...what do you think guys?

R

Rangeela

yeah I like the idea it will make things more intresting ..

R

radaga

i think this would make matches much more intersting, but what happens if you are in a situatian where you only have 20 overs to make 600? i think that would make it unfair

S

sonic

that situation is not possible radaga - if you check the new rules (updated yesterday) teams have alotted overs for each innings and the lowest amount a team will ever have is 70 overs - and thats ONLY when its top vs bottom...the closer the gap between teams the more equal the number of overs will be...so having 20 overs to score 600 is not in the equation..maybe 70 overs, but even then it would be against the weakest side in the league who are not likely to force too much of an issue against the better players anyway, if you see what I mean.

I think i will keep draws maybe anyway, cos the limited overs thing should encourage teams to chase targets anyway...but if there's enough votes for it to be abolished then I will do it...could everyone contesting in the test championship PLEASE cast a vote, thank you

U

UnderTaker

whaz this? i can't agree to this.. altho i wont go for drawn matches...but i dont it is good to take away those ... that doent make it realisitc... those who dont have the heart to chase.. let them play it safe...'n get less points...

i cant agree to remove draws.. sure :o

Users who are viewing this thread