Tragic Theory

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on books about Tragic theory, specifically according to Hegel, Nietzsche and Aristotle?

usy

Chairman of Selectors
wait man

I can recommend you some Plays I’ve read may help.

Read Antigone, it's a very good example of a dramatic irony. Death and the Maiden is another one.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Cheers but I'm not looking for examples of it, I want books on the theory behind it.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Well I’ve done lot of analytical work on those plays, so I can recommend looking at Sophocles.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
It may sound outrageous at first but check the wiki Tragedy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia article on it.

The citations usesd are often books, get the names from there.

P.S I quoted both Aristotle and Nietzsche in my A2 coursework, not about tragic theory though and yes it sounded incredibly pretentious.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
I wouldn’t recommended even looking at wikipedia, for various reasons, especially if it's for academic research.

Find some books and look 'em up.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
I wouldn?t recommended even looking at wikipedia, for various reasons, especially if it's for academic research.

Find some books and look 'em up.

Did you read any of my post apart from the wikipedia link?

usy

Chairman of Selectors
ooo!!!!!! i just read "wikipedia". My bad..

Yeah follow all the references from wiki untill you get closest to the real thing.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
LOL. No, I’m usually criticized for not reading the whole thing.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
P.S I quoted both Aristotle and Nietzsche in my A2 coursework, not about tragic theory though and yes it sounded incredibly pretentious.

I'm comparing two tragedies - Wuthering Heights and Return of the Native in Unit 6 so I'm hoping if I mention them, the examiner will think I'm a pretentious prat and give me a decent grade.

Users who are viewing this thread