Training Thread

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Quick question - how many weeks of training are there in a season? I remember it being 16, but not quite sure.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Mike Vidale - 17 yo, BT Rating=4,478
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is a steady player with competent leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, mediocre bowling form and lively fitness.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Awesome pop! He will be my best batsman in a few seasons, unless I have the money to buy a much better one.

Plus 5 experience pops, but that's all.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Malcolm Norton - 20 yo, BT Rating=86,103
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler. He is a cautious player with woeful leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: exceptional Concentration: sensational
Bowling: feeble Consistency: strong
Fielding: proficient

I don't know how long I should train him for.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Huseni Weerakkodi - 32 yo, BT Rating=21,841 shortcut
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a steady player with proficient leadership skills and superb experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and fresh fitness.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: abysmal Concentration: respectable
Bowling: strong Consistency: superb
Fielding: mediocre

OVER THE MOON WITH THAT! :)

Had a few other good experience pops including one to remarkable and another to proficient.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
I'm probably going to sell him at the end of the season. I dunno when I'm going to stop training him. I've already taken one net off him so he's 1 bowl 1 field now.

With his age, you probably won't get much for him. Maybe 400-500k absolute maximum.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Mo-mo Liddlelow - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,992
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a steady player with competent leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and lively fitness.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: woeful
Bowling: competent Consistency: woeful

Santosh Parol - 17 yo, BT Rating=2,698
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler. He is a steady player with superb leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has woeful batting form, competent bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: woeful
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: woeful

10 nets, two fine 17 YO talents.

Don't want to have to pick between them - Parol has Superb leadership and a week of 6 nets under him, Mo-mo Liddelow has an awesome name, better starting skills and is West Indian.

Unsure how to train them, but so far the plan I have is as follows:

Parol - Stamina, 2 bat, 2 bwl
Liddlelow - 2 bat, 2 bwl

1 fielding net shared between them.

Biggest flaw is that secondaries will rise very, very slowly. Which means Parol might just go up to around Competent/Resp stamina before remove that net for another fielding net and give them each one. It also means I'll be training them both on like 1 bwl 1 field when they are past the age of 20 till their secondaries catch up.

This is if I decide to keep them both. Alternatively, I can give up one, and train the other with 6 nets, in which case I might keep Liddelow. Although that will be with a heavy heart as Parol would have been a good future skipper, and an Indian spin-bowling allrounder is always fun.

Keep them both, and in 5 seasons I'll have two fantastic allrounders. Keep one, and within 5 seasons I'll have 1 awesome allrounder, but some good other fill-in players trained by the other free nets.

Decisions Decisions. Think I'll just train them both. Any advice here?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Looks like you might as well train both of them, I usually train my players well past 20 anyway so no biggie there.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Hmm. Yea. I've asked a bit on the BT sledging as well. Think I'm going to train them both. Going on some advice from sledging, I've got them both on 2 batting, 2 bowling, 1 stamina. When Liddlelow is around Strong I'll take that Stamina off and get a Fielding net instead, which I'll share between him and Parol.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: respectable
Fielding: abysmal

18 yo, worth training?

Users who are viewing this thread