Transmission Closes Down

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am really suprised that even though Transmission is going to be no longer patching it up that in our planetcricket community there is not any good game programmers out there to fix the bugs for PC verison. It should not be all that difficult to fix the flaws in the game.
Sure, for Transmissions it would not have been all that difficult because it was their code. But fixing bugs in 3rd party application/game without access to its source code is not a programmer's job. It requires a slightly more advanced skill set and is a very time consuming job.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
You'll get the answer that you would have got before this happened. As there is no information they're just giving out the same e-mail as before.
To reassure people I have spoken to Rob, to Heath and to Jamie and, as has been observed, I will share what I can as soon as I can.
At the moment I'm not hiding anything and what I've said before stands. Everyone involved is trying to get the patch released but it isn't certain one way or another.

Giggs11

Club Cricketer
You'll get the answer that you would have got before this happened. As there is no information they're just giving out the same e-mail as before.
To reassure people I have spoken to Rob, to Heath and to Jamie and, as has been observed, I will share what I can as soon as I can.
At the moment I'm not hiding anything and what I've said before stands. Everyone involved is trying to get the patch released but it isn't certain one way or another.

Thanks for this :D

And whenever you have some news that you are allowed to share with us we woud appreciate it ever more.

Giggs11

Club Cricketer
How come your not alowed to share any information at this time anayway??

But thanks for letting us know that theres something going on behind the scenes as you have spoken to the guys behind this project, its very reasuring, but i know nothing has been sorted or said yet and i will really appreciate it when you or someone else speaks out about whats is going on with the situation with the patch.:D

diaskasun

Club Cricketer

i totally understand you mate. well lets just wait abit. afterall not alot any one can do then waiting

sarkazm

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Damn!

Just came back here after a couple weeks off and this is the worst news. It is disheartening to here that TG have shut down. I agree with an earlier post that these are the 'small' company's that governments should support through tough financial times (but unfortunately it all comes down to money). Especially since their quality of after service has been first rate. It seemed the guys at TG really cared about this product and actually listened to customer feedback and as a result gave us a fantastic product!
I'm going to stick up for this game - it may not have been perfect but its the closest we've gotten for a cricket game (after the patches). Sure there are things we don't like about it or exploit but try playing a test match with a test batsmans mindset instead of trying to clear the boundary every ball - for me it gave a sense of building an innings. Even bowling was ok - you got a sense of achievement from 'working over' a batter before setting him up for a dismissal. I can honestly say that after the patches I never really experienced too much trouble from runouts and I enjoyed the gameplay.
Hopefully, the final patch will see the light of day.

To all the guys at TG, thanks, and hopefully your not out of work long.

x Punjabi Killa

Club Cricketer
Just came back here after a couple weeks off and this is the worst news. It is disheartening to here that TG have shut down. I agree with an earlier post that these are the 'small' company's that governments should support through tough financial times (but unfortunately it all comes down to money). Especially since their quality of after service has been first rate. It seemed the guys at TG really cared about this product and actually listened to customer feedback and as a result gave us a fantastic product!
I'm going to stick up for this game - it may not have been perfect but its the closest we've gotten for a cricket game (after the patches). Sure there are things we don't like about it or exploit but try playing a test match with a test batsmans mindset instead of trying to clear the boundary every ball - for me it gave a sense of building an innings. Even bowling was ok - you got a sense of achievement from 'working over' a batter before setting him up for a dismissal. I can honestly say that after the patches I never really experienced too much trouble from runouts and I enjoyed the gameplay.
Hopefully, the final patch will see the light of day.

To all the guys at TG, thanks, and hopefully your not out of work long.

Running a company is not a responsility of government but the management. Even we should support Transmission in every way possible I don't agree with that suggestion. I hope that somehow they come out of this one on their own and our support.

Params7

International Cricketer
What now? Ps3 ever going to get the patch? They should at least release the patch..and if the studio is shutting down, will the online servers go down too?

Ashes 09 has sold well, would have sold more if they put in a system which requires original games to play online (my friends tell me they can play online off the warez downloadable version. NFS games from 10 years ago require you to buy the game to play online). I can't say much but they should have gone for a early release of the sequel to this game. This was the best cricket game that has released since Brian Lara '99.

Params7 added 1 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Now who's gonna make the next good cricket game? Will we get anything next year or for the 2011 World Cup? EA?

Giggs11

Club Cricketer
just sit tight, someone has to come and speak out very soon surely about the patch situation.

Users who are viewing this thread