TV Series General Discussion

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
South Park is brilliant.

Watching it might not make much sense to you guys because

A) It's very topical, the topics they discuss are usually relevant to the time period the episode aired.

B) Most of the topics and references are about local American sociological and economic problems. Not sure if you guys get half the references let alone understand them.

South Park has not gone down hill, the jokes and plots are still well written and relevant.

----------

Also I have decided Sherlock sucks donkey #$#%

It's just a lame CSI type show with British accents.

So you find half an hour of barely amusing toilet humour brilliant?

Not gonna lie, a lot of the episodes are amazing, but then again there are a few fairly pathetic ones, e.g. the most recent.

Still, the fairly pathetic ones still absolutely trounce Family Guy and all that other crap.

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

I never said it was all brilliant.

That episode is poking fun at the TSA, which is something everyone who flies here deals with.

The stereotype of TSA employees and their mannerisms was done beautifully.

again, probably just a reference lost to you.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
I never said it was all brilliant.

That episode is poking fun at the TSA, which is something everyone who flies here deals with.

The stereotype of TSA employees and their mannerisms was done beautifully.

again, probably just a reference lost to you.

Fair enough then.

Screw season one, I'll start at season ten then work my way through the series based on which is considered best by random google searches.

Last edited:

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Randy is the best character for me.

Without doubt.

The Losing Edge is made by him.

"I THOUGHT THIS WAS 'MERICA!"

Oh, and The Day After Tomorrow with Global Warming was priceless.

"I'm soo hot."
"That's the hypothermia kicking in!"

I recommend series 4-6 as a good point to start with South Park. Think that little section of episodes is particularly good. The whole Kenny actually dying, then no longer dying thing was good.

Also, Stone and Parker are probably the only two people who could pull off the ultimate joke. In finishing an episode on a cliff-hanger, they then made the next episode a completely off the cuff, unrelated Terrence and Phillip special that just wasn't funny haha.

The joke of course being the rage and vitriol it brought forth from the people who were all desperate to find out who Cartman's Dad/Mum/Whatever was.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Without doubt.

The Losing Edge is made by him.

"I THOUGHT THIS WAS 'MERICA!"

Oh, and The Day After Tomorrow with Global Warming was priceless.

"I'm soo hot."
"That's the hypothermia kicking in!"

I recommend series 4-6 as a good point to start with South Park. Think that little section of episodes is particularly good. The whole Kenny actually dying, then no longer dying thing was good.

Also, Stone and Parker are probably the only two people who could pull off the ultimate joke. In finishing an episode on a cliff-hanger, they then made the next episode a completely off the cuff, unrelated Terrence and Phillip special that just wasn't funny haha.

The joke of course being the rage and vitriol it brought forth from the people who were all desperate to find out who Cartman's Dad/Mum/Whatever was.

Does that happen every time there's a two-part episode?

Because I just started part two of Cartoon Wars and that is how it starts:p.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Wow, has everyone seen the "A Million Little Fibres" episode. What the hell was that. After a great Cartoon Wars, that just ruins everything. Worst episode I've ever seen of anything, and I've watched a few episodes of Family Guy:lol.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Wow, has everyone seen the "A Million Little Fibres" episode. What the hell was that. After a great Cartoon Wars, that just ruins everything. Worst episode I've ever seen of anything, and I've watched a few episodes of Family Guy:lol.

I think that's the thing with south park. It's hit and miss. Mostly hit, but they creative team behind it take risks, sometimes they don't come off, but when they do it's brilliant.

P

pcfan123

Million little fibers is a parody of Million little pieces.

I thought it was one of the best episodes.

You sure do have interesting taste.

Maybe you just didn't know about the whole Oprah debacle with the Million little pieces guy?

and how can you not like Towlie? that makes you instant tool in my book

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Million little fibers is a parody of Million little pieces.

I thought it was one of the best episodes.

You sure do have interesting taste.

Maybe you just didn't know about the whole Oprah debacle with the Million little pieces guy?

and how can you not like Towlie? that makes you instant tool in my book

Yeah I know the parody. It was a decent parody, but the rest ruined it to hell.

A vag and anus fighting ain't really funny mate:p. Never heard anyone say anything other than it's the worst episode.

And how can you like Towlie? That makes you an instant tool in my book.

----------

I think that's the thing with south park. It's hit and miss. Mostly hit, but they creative team behind it take risks, sometimes they don't come off, but when they do it's brilliant.

Agreed. I've only seen a few episodes I have really liked it. It's a great show.

Last edited:

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
But the idea is right. It's just a C**T and an Ar****le like every other week.

Much like their rather legendary Turd Sandwich and Giant Douche election campaign...

Users who are viewing this thread