TV Series General Discussion

lancashire666

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Half way through the first series of Wire and really beginning to get hooked. I love every character in it but my favourite has to be Omar. So damn cool.

My Fave TV show of all time.
Omar is everyone's fave, because he is just so epic, and gets more awesome as the show goes on.
Michael Kenneth Williams who plays him is a quality actor, he is amazing in Boardwalk Empire as well, just oozes coolness with every word

Started watching Terra Nova. Not bad. Good looking cast, nice visuals. A little corny, but I do have a soft spot for dinosaurs.

I watched the first 3 episodes and was very meh, it looked lovely enough, but I just didn't like any of the characters and though the story was weak

Started watching House MD and it's incredible. Hugh Laurie is such a legend!

Also finished Game of Thrones Season 1. Overall a good season, but the season finale was quite boring. Lord Tyrion (The Imp) turns out to be my favorite character.

Really dont wanna be a book nazi, but read the books! There are so amazing and there is some much more depth in them, which you would obviously expect with a book, but I just love them.
Season 2 starts next month, I cant wait, episode 9 has been confirmed as having the "battle of the blackwater" which is a pretty important part of the second book so I cant wait for it. And there is a character called Melisandre so does all sorts of crazy shizzle which I cant wait to see how its done in the show.

Anyway, has anyone seen Homeland? I didnt think it sounded like my cup of earl gray, but gave it a go anyway, and its EPIC. Loved it, I watched the entire series this week, I strongly recommend it

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
community comig to uk tv soon, starting from series 2 though but i'll get that on series record. been on my radar for a while

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
There is the site which has 1000+ series from A to Z and its free to watch online. I feel it will come under piracy category I am not sure so if any one wants the link please PM me I will PM you back :)

You wont believe but it has all the fried chickening serials from the time TV was invented and series started :p Its bloody awesome

No longer required, found a site which looks legal:D.

P

pcfan123

I could never get into community. To me it felt like a one-liner after another.

It tries to be dry and cynical but just comes across as weak and lame.

IMO

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
I personally watch all these now (UPDATED) :p

1. How I Met Your Mother
  2. Castle
  3. Two & Half Men
  4. The Vampire Diaries
  5. Eastbound & Down
  6. Big Bang Theory
  7. Better With You
  8. South Park
  9. Arrested Development
  10. The River
  11. Dexter

My favorite would be

1. The Big Bang Theory replacing HIMYM
  2. Castle
  3. Vampire Diaries
`

I love Sitcoms(comedy genre) and detective series. Any you all could suggest more in Detective series?

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
The Thick of It starts shooting for the new series next month. Fantastic news. One of my favourite shows. Nothing less than what you'd expect from Armando Iannucci and co. They're also working on an American version of the show called Veep which starts next month.

lancashire666

International Coach
2012 Spring TV Preview - Metacritic

Preview of the new and returning series over the next few months.

Picks for me are new series of:
Mad Men
The Borgias
South Park
Game of Thrones
The Ricky Gervais Show

sure they will be a couple of others which ive missed as well

Also, anyone watching the new series of Eastbound and Down? Its not as good as the first 2 series but still got some fantastic Kenny Powers moments

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Finished the first season of Breaking Bad in just a few days, and I gotta say, I don't watch too many shows, as I've always thought they can't match films, but this has changed that thinking of mine. Definitely my favourite show of all time, loved every minute of it.

Can't wait for season four though I hear season two is pretty boring so hope I don't lose interest.

lancashire666

International Coach
Finished the first season of Breaking Bad in just a few days, and I gotta say, I don't watch too many shows, as I've always thought they can't match films, but this has changed that thinking of mine. Definitely my favourite show of all time, loved every minute of it.

Can't wait for season four though I hear season two is pretty boring so hope I don't lose interest.

season 2 is awesome, its just got an unusual ending

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
I started watching it only yesterday and am already done with 5 episodes. Should almost certainly be done with Season 1 today. Nothing short of sensational so far.

lancashire666

International Coach
Im glad the awesomeness of Breaking Bad is spreading on here :D

Ive just started Friday Night Lights last night, i know im about 5 years late to the party :p
First 2 eps are amazing! completely gripping and cant to get home from work tonight so I can watch some more. Quality sport drama

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
And I'm done with Season 1. Pretty cool season finale to say the least.

Also I'm a big fan of How I Met Your Mother. Every single character's awesome. Done with four and a half seasons there. Cobie Smulders really is a perfect 10, isn't she?

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
How I Met Your Mother is an awful excuse for a show.

Once I finish The Wire, Sopranos and Breaking Bad i'll move onto Twin Peaks, Friday Night Lights and I'll give Boardwalk Empire another go. Too many shows, not enough time... :p

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
How I met your mother after season 5 sucks. I still watch it but I find it so annoying now

Users who are viewing this thread