TV Series General Discussion

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't watch too many shows, as I've always thought they can't match films, but this has changed that thinking of mine. Definitely my favourite show of all time, loved every minute of it.

HBO basically changed my thinking from that. Their production values for almost everything are superb.

I'm embarrassed to post this, but I was made to watch New Girl the other day.

It's... err... actually quite funny. It's pretty basic, but it's defnitely better than How I Didn't Actually Meet Your Mother Again and The One About Geeks that Isn't Clever At All Bang .

Oh, and watched the first episode of Breaking Bad. Really good. Need to find the time for the rest.

Also liking the Armando Iannuchi appreciation :) Greatest man in comedy that no one has ever heard of.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
How I met your mother isn't that bad.

for broad, simple comedy it's really good. not really interesting or stimulating but great to kill an hour or two when hungover or your head is fried from too much hardwork.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
HBO basically changed my thinking from that. Their production values for almost everything are superb.

I'm embarrassed to post this, but I was made to watch New Girl the other day.

It's... err... actually quite funny. It's pretty basic, but it's defnitely better than How I Didn't Actually Meet Your Mother Again and The One About Geeks that Isn't Clever At All Bang .

Oh, and watched the first episode of Breaking Bad. Really good. Need to find the time for the rest.

Also liking the Armando Iannuchi appreciation :) Greatest man in comedy that no one has ever heard of.

Stay up all night to finish the first season, trust me, it's worth it. I've had five hours sleep each day for the last week watching it.

Yeah, I get what you mean. I like it when they put effort in a show instead of just endless milking, e.g. those two shows you mentioned:p.

Don't really understand all this network stuff though, here we just watch whatever and have no idea what network it is from:D.

----------

How I met your mother isn't that bad.

for broad, simple comedy it's really good. not really interesting or stimulating but great to kill an hour or two when hungover or your head is fried from too much hardwork.

Nothing great, but honestly, who enjoys sitting down and watching thought provoking shows all the time? Need some lighter stuff, this is one of the lighter shows I watch occasionally. Can't say it's that good, but don't mind it at times.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Nothing great, but honestly, who enjoys sitting down and watching thought provoking shows all the time? Need some lighter stuff, this is one of the lighter shows I watch occasionally. Can't say it's that good, but don't mind it at times.

yup.

If i've been playing 16 tables of online poker for 8 hours I'm not going to sit down and concentrate on high brow televelision or read some russian literature for an hour to two.

I'm going to watch a crappy sitcom where one dimensional caricatures sit in a bar making lame jokes. And to that end it is fantastic (in fact i have it set to record on sky plus for this).

I think people who are self-confessed fans of it and think it is great are, well, easily amused or perhaps even a lite simple-minded. But I can see the appeal

P

pcfan123

Game of Thrones is tweaking bad ass.

I watched all 10 episodes in 2 days.

buying the books now, will read them before I watch Season 2.

lancashire666

International Coach
Game of Thrones is fried chickening bad ass.

I watched all 10 episodes in 2 days.

buying the books now, will read them before I watch Season 2.

Clash of kings, which is the second book and what the new series is based on, is be best of the series and a brilliant book.

Storm of swords, the third book, is a massive read and got some massive moments but not quite as good as clash of kings.

The last two run along the same time line and are really good.

Once you start you will not be able the put them down

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Did anyone catch the Pilot episode of the new Kiefer Sutherland (Jack Bauer of "24") TV series "Touch"? I watched it and I must say I am pretty much hooked into the show. The concept is very interesting where the small kid can predict future events and the kind of precision with which he does it is scary! Kiefer is as good as he always has been, and I guess this is going to be another super-hit show from him.

Waiting for next Thursday 9pm.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah i did. Been waiting for this since Kiefer finished 24. Such a damn good actor.

P

pcfan123

Watched the first episode of Sherlock the BBC series.

Can't tell if I like it or am irritated by it.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
First season is okay-ish. Second season is absolutely brilliant. Hint *moriarity* :p

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Been getting into South Park. The first season was pretty decent, enjoyed it. I then watched the latest episode about toilets, and wow, one of the driest things I've ever seen. Did the show go downhill? Was it only good some years ago?

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
All TV series hit a low. I cant comment much as I have just seen 4 seasons so far

P

pcfan123

South Park is brilliant.

Watching it might not make much sense to you guys because

A) It's very topical, the topics they discuss are usually relevant to the time period the episode aired.

B) Most of the topics and references are about local American sociological and economic problems. Not sure if you guys get half the references let alone understand them.

South Park has not gone down hill, the jokes and plots are still well written and relevant.

----------

Also I have decided Sherlock sucks donkey #$#%

It's just a lame CSI type show with British accents.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
South Park is brilliant. Can't remember what series it is, but basically the first few are all hand animated/much worse technology and took a lot longer to make. They're definintely more obscure, less relevant. Then once they got the ability to bash them out weekly they all pretty much parody some recent news story.

Watch the World of Warcraft one for a spot on piece of piss-taking haha

Users who are viewing this thread