TV Series General Discussion

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Finished the final season of The Mentalist. One more show done with.

Red John reveal was a dampener though. For someone who was portrayed as ruthless, cunning, smart and mysterious for over 6 seasons, seeing him beg for his life was ridiculous. He even tried 911 :D

Season 7 seemed unnecessary after the events of season 6 but at least the show had a closure.

I've started watching Fringe now. Already 5 episodes done. Anyone else watching/watched it?
Yeah felt the same like you for mentalist but I like their acting so didn't mind it ..
Finished a series called Chuck , really good one..Enjoyed it..
Started Person of interest on prime and watched the first episode yesterday and man that's pacy and awesome concept wise..Can't wait to see how that goes..

As for Fringe , it's on my list to watch but when not sure ..

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Chuck was a good one. Comeday + SciFi + Drama. It was another show which could have gone for more but ran out of steam at the end.

Started Person of interest on prime and watched the first episode yesterday and man that's pacy and awesome concept wise..Can't wait to see how that goes..
Person of Interest is a good mystery pick. Add Sci-Fi to it and it becomes a great combo. I liked this one very much. The final episode was a good one too.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Chuck was a good one. Comeday + SciFi + Drama. It was another show which could have gone for more but ran out of steam at the end.
Yeah last season felt like they wanted to try something but since not much worked out they went on to finish it midway.. But was worth watching it..

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Started watching "You" (Netflix). I am still yet to get past Ep 1. Does it get more interesting or does Ep 1 dictate the vibe of the entire season? Anyone who has watched the season, can shed some thoughts? It's not bad but I am not finding the push to move forward.

I have 3 shows that I always revisit umpteen times when I am not able to find an exciting new show to watch. These 3 shows, I recycle among them umpteen times and have comfortably become my "indulge zone". And these 3 shows are - "The Flash", "24" and "Lost". :D Whenever I am not finding a new show to watch, I go back to these three. I just finished a re-run of all seasons of Flash. Now I am onto "Lost" (on Hulu).

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So excited for this!

You watched it? How was it?[DOUBLEPOST=1548826579][/DOUBLEPOST]Currently on the 4th season of VEEP. I am absolutely hooked to this show - the comedy is so brilliant, and Julia Dreyfus is a comic legend - such impeccable comic timing

I think by the time I am done with this show, it will easily rate in my top 3 favorite comedy shows of all time.

also watching NARCOS season 3 now. First 2 seasons were absolutely TOP notch

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I have 3 shows that I always revisit umpteen times when I am not able to find an exciting new show to watch. These 3 shows, I recycle among them umpteen times and have comfortably become my "indulge zone". And these 3 shows are - "The Flash", "24" and "Lost". :D Whenever I am not finding a new show to watch, I go back to these three. I just finished a re-run of all seasons of Flash. Now I am onto "Lost" (on Hulu).

Interesting. All dramas for rewatching shows. I mostly turn to comedies for re-runs - The Office (US), Arrested Development and South Park

I recently finished LOST for the first time. It was superb. Will definitely make my top 5 Drama list. What an amazing experience it was

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Interesting. All dramas for rewatching shows. I mostly turn to comedies for re-runs - The Office (US), Arrested Development and South Park

I recently finished LOST for the first time. It was superb. Will definitely make my top 5 Drama list. What an amazing experience it was

I am a big fan of drama. Also among the 3 shows I listed, only 24 has less amount of humor. Flash and Lost both had decent amount of humor interspersed. LOST loses steam towards the final few seasons but is still worthy material all over.

And for me, American comedy somehow does not sit with me. And if they have laugh tracks, it's a massive turn off.

D

Deleted member 193590

Late to the party....just started watching Peaky blinders and league of gentlemen.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Yeah felt the same like you for mentalist but I like their acting so didn't mind it ..

As for Fringe , it's on my list to watch but when not sure ..

Person of Interest is a good mystery pick. Add Sci-Fi to it and it becomes a great combo. I liked this one very much. The final episode was a good one too.
I started season 1 of Person of Interest when it came out absolutely loved the premise but for some reason I felt like it ran out of steam for me somewhere three quarters of the way through the season.
I think some time not long after the revelation of Elias.

Perhaps might've been because of the recurring theme/similar plot every episode I'm not sure. Might try and give it another watch with a fresh outlook though.[DOUBLEPOST=1551689366][/DOUBLEPOST]
Late to the party....just started watching Peaky blinders and league of gentlemen.
Peaky Blinders is a cracking watch!

El Loco

ENG....
I am a big fan of drama. Also among the 3 shows I listed, only 24 has less amount of humor. Flash and Lost both had decent amount of humor interspersed. LOST loses steam towards the final few seasons but is still worthy material all over.

And for me, American comedy somehow does not sit with me. And if they have laugh tracks, it's a massive turn off.
Not generally too big a fan of American comedy either, the British definitely do it way better :D. Despite this I think Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Office are two examples of American comedy done really well and the screen-writing is exceptional.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Started with Parks & Recreation now that I'm about to complete Fringe.

It has a very "The Office" feel to it. But it's good that the episodes are short.

Also on the radar is Broklyn Nine Nine. Been hearing a lot of good things about it. But unfortunately it isnt on Amazon Prime.

El Loco

ENG....
Just finished Umbrella Academy, slow to start but my word does the series pick up, and how! Strongly recommend it to anyone into the Sci-Fi/Superhero genres.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Also on the radar is Broklyn Nine Nine.

Watched Nine Nine recently. It was actually really good. Very consistent laughs and likable characters[DOUBLEPOST=1554354289][/DOUBLEPOST]Wrapped up Silicon Valley latest season. Really like this show and worth a watch for anyone in the IT industry especially. HBO shows are a class apart often

B

Bigby Wolf

Watching Criminal Justice on Hotstar. It is an adaptation of the British TV series of the same name made by BBC ..... Pankaj Tripathi is absolute class and one of the finest actors we have in our industry and coming to the series its actually quite engaging and a slow paced one.

Users who are viewing this thread