TV Series General Discussion

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Anybody watching the Rings of Power on Amazon? Thoughts?

I'm personally mixed about it from what I've seen so far. The show has some really great moments with a couple of interesting plotlines and some good characters but also has some equally terrible moments and contrived dialogue at times. And apparently they're deviating from the lore pretty awkwardly due to them not having the rights to the Silmarillon (The First Age stuff aka the cool parts). The effects and visuals are incredible though, almost blockbuster esque. Amazon's really gone all in on the show and it shows in terms of the production values. I love the genre and I hope it ends up being good eventually.
I am liking it, at the moment the cool thing to do is to compare it with House of the Dragons, I say in some aspects I like RoP more that HotD.
I am not one for the lore or not a reader, I have watched 1 time the lotr trilogy before and can't recollect every small thing. From my understanding the rights issue also tie their hands a lot.
The only thing I am getting annoyed is Morfyyd Clark(can't remember the correct spelling) is a step behind in some scenes, mostly her facial expressions.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I am liking it, at the moment the cool thing to do is to compare it with House of the Dragons, I say in some aspects I like RoP more that HotD.
I am not one for the lore or not a reader, I have watched 1 time the lotr trilogy before and can't recollect every small thing. From my understanding the rights issue also tie their hands a lot.
The only thing I am getting annoyed is Morfyyd Clark(can't remember the correct spelling) is a step behind in some scenes, mostly her facial expressions.
Matt Smith’s acting is unbelievable! Really enjoying HoD so far!
Post automatically merged:

Anyone streamed Winx S2 on netflix, might tomorrow, time permitting.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Loved him in The Crown as Philip. Played his smug aristocratic self to perfection.
This is probably the first time I am seeing him in a show, refused to watch the Crown as I assumed it would always geared towards Princess Diana’s ridiculous claims. Perhaps should give it a go though.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Watched Cobra Kai season 5 and it was great, I love Terry Silver as a villain.
Apparently season 6 will be last which will be sad because I am loving this show so far.

View attachment 270335
I just got caught up on the show. I saw the original movie when I was a kid, (and the crappy remake when it came out)

After watching this show I want to go back and watch 2 and 3. Sad to hear next season might be the last but this show is great! There's a few things I don't like, mostly Daniel, but overall the show is great

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
House of the Dragon was excellent this week. This new cast is even better than the old one. Sadly it feels like a different show, the characters changed off screen (not just actors, but their personalities) and the whole season feels far too rushed. It's hard to enjoy as a whole rather than individual scenes, characters. The slower burn of the first four seasons of Game of Thrones was what made them so good and this just feels like four seasons of plot edited into 6 hours.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
House of the Dragon was excellent this week. This new cast is even better than the old one. Sadly it feels like a different show, the characters changed off screen (not just actors, but their personalities) and the whole season feels far too rushed. It's hard to enjoy as a whole rather than individual scenes, characters. The slower burn of the first four seasons of Game of Thrones was what made them so good and this just feels like four seasons of plot edited into 6 hours.
I liked the old cast, I like the new cast as well. I agree the change felt a little rushed. Next season isn't supposed to have any more time jumps.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I liked the old cast, I like the new cast as well. I agree the change felt a little rushed. Next season isn't supposed to have any more time jumps.
Seems like they were too scared or not creative enough to fill gaps in the source material.

So much actual story we're just told about and then someone dies and it's onto the next thing.

mohsin7827

International Cricketer
India
CSK
Birmingham Phoenix
X Rebels
Seems like they were too scared or not creative enough to fill gaps in the source material.

So much actual story we're just told about and then someone dies and it's onto the next thing.
I kinda like this time jump, it's better to have it now at the start then destroying a well invested products bcoz the show runners lost the interest.
But yeah we are missing on some character development which still feels ok but can be more.

B

Bigby Wolf

The first 4 seasons were absolute masterclass.

The involvement of George R R Martin played a crucial role in shaping those seasons as he was constantly involved with the production team even writing some of the best episodes of those seasons.

Ever since he parted away to write his never released final 2 books the creators tweaked it up so bad that the show was shambles in the last 2 seasons.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hope this lives up to expectations and does an Arcane rather than a Witcher.

Users who are viewing this thread