UV Mapping(A must read for all face maker's)

sid_19840

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi

Ive recently found something very useful,and also used this to solve the Dhoni problem(for those who dont know,Dhoni was looking weird along with everyone else,when we use Gillespie's hhead.o file).

The reason is because it wasnt UV Mapped properly.

We can use Oedit to UV Map any part of a player,so we can use to to change head parts,hair styles and what not.Ive just found out abt it so atm I dont know much abt it either.But Im passing on everything I know.

USING UVMAP-Simply open a hhead.o file.Select any face part and click on Texture's-UV Map Editor.

uvmap1.jpg

Now simply place the blue dots properly.

When I opened Dhoni's head part(part-5),it wasnt UV mapped properly,so I rearranged all the blue dots within the hair picture,as shown below and there you go.

uvmap2.jpg

Look at the first picture to see how Dhoni looks.

Hope this helped other's and I think that this is a major devolpment in face-making.Currently Im trying to find how to import parts from other faces,so that we can use even more hair styles from other Fifa games(Fifa-06 has a lot of hair styles).Cheers.

sid_19840

International Coach
Hair-syles

Combining UV-Mapping and editing the hair part's Ive found a way to implement almost any hair-style to near-perfection.However it needs practice and a lot of patience.Here is just a glimpse.

Dhoni with a haircut-This hair syle would suit a lot of player's.

dhoni3.jpg

{NOTE THE HAIR STYLE DIFFERENCE}

dhoni.jpg

To implement this,use UV and select the part which control's the hair(blue dots in the hair and forehead area),and rearrange to form the from part of the hair-style.Then for further modification's simply play with the side and top window's to increase hair length,give spikes etc.All is needs is patience.

amazingbrains

School Cricketer
how to arrange the blue dots?u mean along the hair line?if i have to change the lip shape wi it possible by changin the uv lines?

sid_19840

International Coach
amazingbrains said:
how to arrange the blue dots?u mean along the hair line?if i have to change the lip shape wi it possible by changin the uv lines?

Placing the blue dots on the hair line will make them black.In other words placing them on anything will give that texture,just try playing around with them,and I think the lips can also be adjusted this way although I havent tried it.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
sid_19840 said:
Placing the blue dots on the hair line will make them black.In other words placing them on anything will give that texture,just try playing around with them,and I think the lips can also be adjusted this way although I havent tried it.

sid.. u told placing like that makes hair black....if u adjust the lips in same way...wont the lips turn black....???? :eek:

sid_19840

International Coach
surendar said:
sid.. u told placing like that makes hair black....if u adjust the lips in same way...wont the lips turn black....???? :eek:

Placing the dots on the black hair make the texture black,so placing it on the lips or skin will change the colour to the colour of the lips or the skin.As I said its difficult to explain,it just needs some playing around.

Mikeyw12345

School Cricketer
Help!

In my hhead file there are no dots on the hair or forehead just over the face and i want to change the hairstyle. How do I do it?

sid_19840

International Coach
Mikeyw12345 said:
In my hhead file there are no dots on the hair or forehead just over the face and i want to change the hairstyle. How do I do it?

Thats unfortunately the case for most of the heads.I think only a few heads have seperate hair layers,dhoni and gillespie being two I can remember.

yakuza003

Club Cricketer
Do you create or edit cricket 07 players faces in oedit, if you do then tell me how to create or split parts for each texture in oedit program, I have seen one of your pdf tutorial where you had three parts for umar gul face model, one for the eyes, one for the face, and other one I think you created yourself it was for hair, so how did you do it, plz tell me I want to use this method for different models.

Users who are viewing this thread