WC 2007 Final

ZexyZahid said:
Jayawardene is going more then run-a-ball. And that's good.
But he's sustained that for 8 balls...

aussie1st said:
Clarke on this could be make or break here. Last thing we need is SL closing down that gap between runs and balls left.
I feel Ponting is taking a gamble here. Bowling a part-time left armer to Jayasuriya could spell murder.

sohummisra said:
I think Dilshan is the closest Lanka get to a power hitter. One feels that Australia would really have to help Sri Lanka a lot for the latter to win, though.

Yea thats the only way they can lose it from here. Good bowling should more than likely see the Aussies home.

Jayasuriya tried to underestimate Clrake , He paid the price:p

sohummisra said:
But he's sustained that for 8 balls...

I feel Ponting is taking a gamble here. Bowling a part-time left armer to Jayasuriya could spell murder.

Looks like an absolute master stroke now. What a wicket the last person that you think would get Jayasuriya. Good knock from him comes to an end.

aussie1st said:
Looks like an absolute master stroke now. What a wicket the last person that you think would get Jayasuriya. Good knock from him comes to an end.
Indeed. The positive way to look at it from Sri Lanka's point of view is it brings a fresh pair of legs out there. Jayasuriya started looking tired out there anyway. This is crunch time for Lanka. Hope they make it mildly competitive!

Drewska said:
Farce of a World Cup! The defning moment was from Michael Clarke's bowling :p!

Better that then the rain. Would hate to win the WC final via D/L that just isn't right.

Ball looks to be keeping low off Tait now, almost could have bowled Jayawardene off the first ball. RRR right on 10 an over that is going to take some doing.

Users who are viewing this thread