Your Cricket What Type Of Cricketer Are you?

What Type of Bowling do you do (Pick more than one if you really specialize in it)

• Total voters

sattar

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am a leg spinner like Warne and fielder like Symonds and batsman like ummmm
you can say very aggressive Tendulkar.If you have some douts of my skills then come and play with me I'll prove it to you.

yeah there are coaching program going on under the coaching of Abdul Qader,Sarfaraz nawaz and ejaz ahmed now a days in all over pakistan so why not try your luck there

badvintage

International Cricketer
Batting
Bat: CA
Batting Position: Opener
Batting Style: Right Handed, Defensive
Favorite Shot: Square Drive

Bowling
Bowling Type: Fast Bowler
Bowling Deliveries: Fast Bowler, yorker, Bouncer.
Fastest Delivery: Don't Know
Average Delivery: Don't Know

Fielding
Fielding Position: Slips

Favorites
Team: Pakistan
Player: Mohammad Hafeez
Legend: Imran Khan

----------

Anyone know how to spin the ball good? I have a hard time:(

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Anyone know how to spin the ball good? I have a hard time:(

Difficult really to impart any advice to a spinner without actually seeing them bowl. However, the reality for any bowler is that accuracy and consistency will be more important.

Put the hours in practicing so that you understand your own bowling. Develop an action you can repeat over and over, and just get better and better and hitting the right areas. If the ball turns, then it turns, but if you can vary your pace and flight a bit in and and around off-stump and just outside you'll stand a chance of taking wickets and being very tight.

badvintage

International Cricketer
Difficult really to impart any advice to a spinner without actually seeing them bowl. However, the reality for any bowler is that accuracy and consistency will be more important.

Put the hours in practicing so that you understand your own bowling. Develop an action you can repeat over and over, and just get better and better and hitting the right areas. If the ball turns, then it turns, but if you can vary your pace and flight a bit in and and around off-stump and just outside you'll stand a chance of taking wickets and being very tight.

Thanks man for the help, I'm more of a fast bowler but I wanted to try spinning the ball for once. I can spin it but it's really slow and not that accurate. If you can find me any good videos on this that would be helpful.

alexczarn

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Get that left arm up nice and high and drive thru the action using your left arm to aim, so to speak

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah good advice from Alex, but as I said there is no magic answers to bowling. Understanding your own body and action are very important. Knowing how much or little it takes to push it through quicker, or take some pace off. Having an understanding of where you want to pitch the ball, and being able to do that consistently etc...

BBC Sport - Cricket - How to bowl off-spin - This might be helpful I suppose :p

badvintage

International Cricketer
Yeah good advice from Alex, but as I said there is no magic answers to bowling. Understanding your own body and action are very important. Knowing how much or little it takes to push it through quicker, or take some pace off. Having an understanding of where you want to pitch the ball, and being able to do that consistently etc...

BBC Sport - Cricket - How to bowl off-spin - This might be helpful I suppose :p

I'll tell you if it was helpful when I try it ;)

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
A lot of coaches will say learn to be accurate, then learn to turn the ball. Warne has always said learn to rip a ball as far as you possibly can, and then learn to control it.

rasulury

School Cricketer
bat-woodworm
pos-2 down
role-balanced
fav shot-straigth down the ground
bowl-off break
filed pos-slips,gully n point(love to dive n catch the ball)
team-ind
plyr-dhoni
legend-sachin
:D:D:D:D

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
That spin advice was a lot more useful than I still expected, admittedly the ball hardly ever spins for me but when it does, it can startle the batsmen

spooony

Club Captain
nice nice very nice
wat i need to work on is legg cutter, yorker, and inswinger
and wat do i need to do to get pace. is it about strength or is there a technique?

Just do what most bowlers do and tamper with the seam.......:D

aerodynamics-in-cricket_zps83d92f2d.gif

A ball traveling at a speed of more than 112 km/h will become turbulent, and the boundary layer separation point on the smooth side will move further towards the back of the ball so that the separation points become more similar, reducing swing. That is why medium pace will always get more swing than the fast bowlers.

Best way to get swing is angle of attack = 20 degrees with a rate of backspin of 11 to 14 rpm

Last edited:

hkkh97

Club Captain
Batting
Bat: BALBRO
Batting Position: Opener
Batting Style: Aggressive like Pathan
Favorite Shot: Front foot like kohli and also stand and deliver for four and sixes :P

Wicketkeeper batsman

Fielding
Fielding Position: short

Favorites
Team: India
Player:k. Peterson
Legend: LARA

Am a local team player means a club player !:yes

DCJames28

School Cricketer
Batting
Bat: Gray Nicolls e41
Batting Position: Usually opening but ocassionaly 3 or 4.
Batting Style: See off the new ball driving and what not. And get more and more agressive until the end of the innings where I'm swinging at everything.
Favorite Shot: Straight Drive, Pull Shot, Leg Glance and Cover Drive.

Bowling
Bowling Type: Pace
Bowling Deliveries: I tend to focus on line and length but I have a very handy yorker. I find I get batsmen fishing a fair bit and the keeper, cover and slip have a field day.

Fielding
Fielding Position: Point and mid-wicket. I just love the look on the batsmen faces when they realise that ball they're sure they just flogged has been stopped and they haven't got anymore runs to their name.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Finally getting some spin but i still happen to dart it in because i get nervous the batsmen will hit me. So have an economy of 6.2 last season in t20's. 15-16 games ish

Users who are viewing this thread