Your Cricket What Type Of Cricketer Are you?

What Type of Bowling do you do (Pick more than one if you really specialize in it)

• Total voters

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I'm a medium pacer who comes in to bat in the lower order/tail. I can bowl either medium pace or spin but I prefer medium pace over spin. I'm a fairly decent and agressive bowler who likes a bit of sledging. As a batsman I'm a bit inconsistent but I can hit the ball a fair distance and love hitting sixes more than anything else. Due to my knack of hitting sixes, I'm used as a pinch hitter sometimes. I'm not a very athletic player and not so quick in running between the wickets so I deal mostly in boundaries. I have a safe pair of hands but my ground fielding is quite average. I'm working hard to get fit so that I can overcome my shortcomings in cricket and improve as a player.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
^^^
Finally, an honest description that doesn't say
"BRADMAN AND WARNE AT TEH SAMEEEE TIMEEE :D:D:D:thumbs:thumbs:D:D:mad:D"

I'm a quick away swing bowler, about 6 foot 5, and have an array of slower balls (at least four) that I can confidently use in a match situation. I can also subtly vary the amount I swing the ball by altering the seam position, which I believe is quite unusual. Due to my height, I can get steepling bounce, particularly useful when the ball stops swinging.

With the bat, I have some ability, but nothing to back it up with. I've slid gradually down the order and don't really have anything to say it isn't a move in the right direction. When I'm playing well, though, I can flick balls from outside off through the leg side, and belt it over cover. Otherwise, I block and prod unconvincingly.

In the field, I work hard and usually have a safe pair of hands. I have a bit of a knack of taking spectacular catches, although I sometimes drop quite straightforward ones. My ground fielding is solid, and my height means I have good reach. I'm not fast across the ground, but do have an absolute bullet arm.

I'm also only 16 next week, so I have plenty of time to work on things like my batting.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
An opening batsman who approaches the game in a very defensive manner.Thats the reason i couldnt get any big chances these days and i quit it.I have played for 14 years.In the very beginning like 8 years back,i got many chances with 50 overs and 3 day matches in many tournaments but halted cricket in the middle to concentrate on my 10th and 12th.After that i returned back just to see my place being kicked out as i approaches T20 in the only way i knew and scored 2* of 42 balls in aT20 game after which i was reserved for the longer forms.But many T20s only occur and i need to wait very long to play the longer form and finally i quit playing cricket.My childhood dream was to become a cricketer.I grew up watching Dravid's batting and also a big fan of Sunil Gavaskar.I try to emulate Dravid while i bat.Also i field at 1st slip and occasionally keep too.Can bowl leg spin but just decided not to bowl because Dravid doesnt bowl.

cesare

School Cricketer
Started playing cricket as an off-spinner and a middle order bat. This was the Under-12/Under-15 state days..

University and senior leagues, I opened and bowled off-spin. Quit playing cricket for the last 3-4 years and back to playing the game. Hoping to get back to opening :yes! Let's see how this goes..

Swaraj

School Cricketer
Batting
Batting Type:-Moderate,long innings.
Batting Position:-Unlimited Overs=No.3 One Day(More than 20 overs)=No.3,Shorter Formats(Anything less than 20 overs)=Opener
Bowling Preferance=Pace.
Best Shot=Cover drive,Straight drive and flick shot.

Bowling
Bowling Type=Medium Pace
Deliveries=Yorker,Bouncer,outswinger,inswinger and slower ball.
Bowling Pace=Use to bowl at 128+ but due to fitness got my speed down to 120.
Since entering the School Under 14 team I have stopped bowling because my coach suggested me to be the Skipper and I had to reduce my workload

Fielding
Fielding Position=I am the main wicket keeper of the team but because I have to get together with my bowler every second ball.So if a descent wicket keeper is available=Point,Covers,Slip or Long off/Long on.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Batting
Batting Type:- Left Handed, Aggressive
Batting Position:- 4 Down
Bowling Preferance= Spin
Best Shot= Slog Sweep

Bowling
Bowling Type= DNB

Fielding
Fielding Position= Mainly guarding the boundary line.

Aislabie

Ireland
Bowling
Bowling Type=Medium Pace
Since entering the School Under 14 team I have stopped bowling because my coach suggested me to be the Skipper and I had to reduce my workload.

Nice try.

Nobody bowls 128 k's at 14, and if so they would be considered rapid, not medium pace.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Nice try.

Nobody bowls 128 k's at 14, and if so they would be considered rapid, not medium pace.

I can't bowl that pace and I am 18.

----------

Bowling
Bowling Type=Medium Pace
Since entering the School Under 14 team I have stopped bowling because my coach suggested me to be the Skipper and I had to reduce my workload

Fielding
Fielding Position=I am the main wicket keeper of the team but because I have to get together with my bowler every second ball.So if a descent wicket keeper is available=Point,Covers,Slip or Long off/Long on.

so you are the main wicket keeper who bowls yorkers at 128 kmph at the age of 14. How come you aren't representing India yet?

Swaraj

School Cricketer
I can't bowl that pace and I am 18.

----------

so you are the main wicket keeper who bowls yorkers at 128 kmph at the age of 14. How come you aren't representing India yet?
Hey dude you know I bowl those when I am really frustated.When I am frustated the line and length goes wrong.So I prefer not to bowl too quick.One of my friend bowls even quicker than that at the age of 16.He bowls almost at 130.But not consistantly.

Aislabie

Ireland
Bullshit.svg

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Hey dude you know I bowl those when I am really frustated.When I am frustated the line and length goes wrong.So I prefer not to bowl too quick.One of my friend bowls even quicker than that at the age of 16.He bowls almost at 130.But not consistantly.

Post a video of yourself bowling and shut everybody's mouth!

PS: I never touched over 110 kmph mark till I was about 17. :p

Swaraj

School Cricketer
Post a video of yourself bowling and shut everybody's mouth!

PS: I never touched over 110 kmph mark till I was about 17. :p
I dont bowl now because of fitness issues.Even if I bowl I maybe around 60-70 kph now.Dont know I havent measured my pace since all my injuries.While batting I had got hit by a beamer all the way on the index finger.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
all-rounder... plays for Gauteng North (bats 1 and bowls 3) and bats 9 and doesnt bowl for school:facepalm my coach :noway he threatened to drop me because my shirt wasnt tucked in :lol

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Swaraj chats -------- if you see most of his comments would you get a feeling why is he not on espn or called up for under14/16/17 cricket team(and should obviously be known on google :p)? tbh all his comments are full of ----ness.

I am more of a Medium pacer who can bowl to 52 mph.

Last edited by a moderator:

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
I am a opening batsmen but my timing sucks against a fast bowler well i am trying to improve it i was once a part time OFF-SPINNER too but now i no longer bowl

----------

My speed was around 45 mph

Users who are viewing this thread