What Will Be The Next Big User-Based League On PC

harrisb

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
As we all know following Simbazz's announcement, the PCPL is coming to an end after 3 superb seasons.

The question is now, what will we PC users do instead of playing in the PCPL, we can't all move to the PCCL, as there isn't room.

However, I have an idea.

10 Teams from around the globe.

PC members mixed with real-life players, like the PCPL.

Then, and here is the trickiest, and maybe the most fun part.

When each PC member signs up, they state a nation that they'd like to play for, e.g. the Test playing nations.

Then, after a season or so of league cricket, we introduce National selectors, who select the squad to play for their nation, and say that they can have say 5 International real-life players with the PC members.

Then the international teams play in series against other nations.

I think it could work, with co-operation from people with experience running the PCPL, and other leagues, e.g. PCCL, and Biggy (APL/TTPL)

What do you think, and what are your ideas.

Feel free to add to or criticise my idea

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am quite happy with Planet Cricket Cricsim League :)

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
If I'm honest, PCCL is enough. With Sohum in charge now, he'll work something out so there isn't really any need for the PCPL in the off-season.

And as my thread said, it isn't the end of the PCPL, its more like a period for rest, how long for is unknown, it might be the end but never say never.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
I recon if you were going to expand, then add 2 more teams to the PCCL and run a small T20 comp there as well.

harrisb

International Coach
i agree that the PCCL is great, and i'm looking forward to hopefully getting drafted. However, i don't feel that there is enough user-based cricket on PC with just the PCCL, it might need to be extended, and a couple of new teams added.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
i agree that the PCCL is great, and i'm looking forward to hopefully getting drafted. However, i don't feel that there is enough user-based cricket on PC with just the PCCL, it might need to be extended, and a couple of new teams added.

Adding teams doesn't work as teams will go inactive, the reason why the PCPL cut two teams at the start of this season.

Harris, you have good ideas, but I'm afraid thats all they are. The PCCL needs changes after this season, and they'll come. We don't need anymore Cricsim really, as it just ends up a ghost-town on the sub-forum during parts of the season. That needs to be looked into, but adding more teams would be suicidal.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Adding teams doesn't work as teams will go inactive, the reason why the PCPL cut two teams at the start of this season.

Harris, you have good ideas, but I'm afraid thats all they are. The PCCL needs changes after this season, and they'll come. We don't need anymore Cricsim really, as it just ends up a ghost-town on the sub-forum during parts of the season. That needs to be looked into, but adding more teams would be suicidal.

Then more needs to be done to keep the activity. Half the players in this comp are inactive while a lot of newcomers who would have been very active missed out. I even asked one of the runners if I could trade out a member who said 'I don't like the PCPL so I won't be active' for a new draftee and I got a no. Then we complain about a lack of activity. :sarcasm

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Then more needs to be done to keep the activity. Half the players in this comp are inactive while a lot of newcomers who would have been very active missed out. I even asked one of the runners if I could trade out a member who said 'I don't like the PCPL so I won't be active' for a new draftee and I got a no. Then we complain about a lack of activity. :sarcasm

The thing is, its easy to say, "Something needs to be done about activity," but in all fairness nothing can be done. Short of forcing people with a gun to thier head to post, you can't make people be active, thats just part and parcel of CricSim as a whole.

Users who are viewing this thread