What will be the result of the test series?

What will the result be?

• England

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

• RSA

• Not sure

• Total voters
A

Auwais BARTHEZ

What will the result of the 5 test series have between England and RSA.Post your thoughts and please vote. :)

vetts

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hmm... the options are "win", "draw", "loss" and "not sure" but it doesn't say what team will be doing the winning or losing.... they can't both win! Dare i say South Africa 2-1 with two draws... although i do want england to win, i feel the South African batting will out perform the poms in the 5 day arena.

K

killa_stiky2002

I think it'll be 2-2 with one draw. I'm gonna be in London from the 18th till August 21st so anyone know the ticket prices and dates for the one at Lords, reply or PM or email me. I want to see my fav bowler (Pollock) in action.

J

jonah

I don't like giving predictions as they have a tendency to rise up and smack you in the face, but I think (hope) that England have the better bowling line up, a steady top 4 (Tres, Vaughan, Butcher and Nasser) and a couple of decent allrounders (Freddie and McGrath, also Stewart, if picked, always does a good job with the gloves and the bat ,if not Read), so we should come out on top. Not gonna say by how much though, but I'm sure it'll be close.

S

sonic

2-1 to England, and I'll be shaving my head again! :band: :velho:

vetts

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, with Thorpe back in the frame i think England have a good chance. They reallly need someone like him to steady the middle order. That is, if he shows his pedegre and class the the Thorpie of old...

J

jonah

I agree. I saw an interview on tv the other day and he reckons he's raring to go...and that includes touring.

T20

Panel of Selectors
SA haven't looked convincing at all apart from some performances by Kallis and Smith. Bowling attack looks better, Ntini, Pollock, Nel etc. are capable. but batting remains a question mark. Kirsten if strikes the form will certainly help. England look more balanced in both departments. so I think batting will decide the series. England look favorites. We'll see something special from Flintoff. B)

A

Auwais BARTHEZ

England announced their 12-man squad for the first test against RSA.

Marcus Trescothick
Michael Vaughan
Mark Butcher
Nasser Hussain
Anthony McGrath
Andrew Flintoff
Alec Stewart
Ashley Giles
James Anderson
Darren Gough
Steve Harmison
James Kirtley

Darren Gough earned a recall but Graham Thorpe got the thumbs down.Also,Richard Johnson failed to become fit so James Kirtley gets the nod.

J

jonah

Gutted Thorpe didn't get in, not surprised Key's dropped. No Hoggard...unfit? Not too sure about Kirtley at the moment.

S

sonic

oh my lord...Kirtley? He hasn't really impressed me much i must say :blink: :huh: :down:

A

Auwais BARTHEZ

Originally posted by sonic@Jul 18 2003, 07:00 PM
oh my lord...Kirtley? He hasn't really impressed me much i must say :blink: :huh: :down:
Yeah,I was thinking that too.I think Thorpe shoud be in there and Kirtley out.I really want to see Thorpe play.And having McGrath was a good decision,he gets another chance to bowl his brilliant swing. :batman:

Users who are viewing this thread