What would you like to see patched?

If you can confirm it in the full game, I'll add it to the first post. :)..

Yep I can confirm this. It isn't as bad as the demo. I saw the wrong person given out if the runner drags his bat into the opposite screen, thus passing the non-striker (who is still standing in his crease) before the bails are dislodged.

I guess their implementation logic gives out to the batsman closest to the wicket that has been used to runout.

i feel tha these things should be fixed...

>>> Run out

>> Graphics stuttering

>> Bat-Ball-hit timming

>> Startup locks / freeze etc

>> AI aggressiveness hsould be reduced

>> and where was that " you smash three 4`s and see what the CPU does ? " tag line in interviews... still cPU doesnt do anything... same field setup and nothing....

>> Give back the ESCAPE KEY CONTROL not "P" it makes many people mad and why the hell was it changed in the first place..

>> BRigtness option / AA option and also the ground / pitch could be better

i think these are things i would see to patched

edges not carrying to slips/keeper.

addition of text chat during online play.

Why is that an issue " edges not carryin gto slips/keeper'? In real life edges don't carry to slips or keeper, do they?

I have seen cricket matches and played a lot. I said not all edges carry to slips or keeper. I dont understand the issue here.

There is no patch coming rite now, what the whole thread is about.

I have seen cricket matches and played a lot. I said not all edges carry to slips or keeper. I dont understand the issue here.

The issue is that in real life cricket when someone bowls at 150kph and gets a nick, more often than not the edges DO carry. In fact, id go so far as to say that if you bowl at that pace and someone gets a thick edge the ball is more likely to fly OVER the slips and go for a boundary than fall short. In the game about 80% of the edges do not carry at all (from my own experience of the game) and it makes no sense. From a purely ball physics point of view, the ball certainly cannot lose that much momentum once it hits an edge if travelling at high speed.

To me its logical that if a ball travels at 150kph and loses about 20kph by the time it reaches the batsman, a thin edge will not obstruct the path of the ball in such a way that it will travel to the slips/keeper at a serverely reduced speed.

It seems that the implementation of the edges in the game does not take this into account and still sees the bat as an "obstruction" to the ball and therefore that obstruction will obviously bring the velocity of the ball right down. Rather than doing that it should appreciate the fact that a slender nick will more often than not keep the ball traveling at a decent pace and the ball wont just miraculously go straight to ground. Especially on attacking shots where an edge results in the ball falling to the ground about 5m behind the batsman and thats just stupid and unrealistic - unless the batsman had the edges of his bat glued up or dipped in a pot of sticky sludge.

So to answer your point...it is a big issue, if you are not convinced check some footage of a real game at some point and check how many edges off a fast bowler dont carry. I think you will find that very few dont...perhaps not very few but the majority certainly do carry.

This could possibly be because even fast bowlers on the game are STILL too slow. Shoiab Akhtar in BLC 2005 was genuinely fast and you actually felt hurried...it would be cool if the patch could speed up all bowlers, not according to the kph/mph indication but the actual speed the ball travels at. I cant say that I have ever felt hurried in the game as a batsman...

Last edited:
There is no patch coming rite now, what the whole thread is about.

For the last time, P.C. admins confirmed there would be a patch - and they very rarely get this sort of thing wrong. They're probably wishing they kept quiet now. As to the thread? It's purpose is to collate the feedback in the first post, so it's easy for Transmission to read all the things that need work.

If it was as pointless as you say, the mods would've closed it. But, they haven't - they merely changed its name.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

The issue is that in real life cricket when someone bowls at 150kph and gets a nick, more often than not the edges DO carry. In fact, id go so far as to say that if you bowl at that pace and someone gets a thick edge the ball is more likely to fly OVER the slips and go for a boundary than fall short. In the game about 80% of the edges do not carry at all (from my own experience of the game) and it makes no sense. From a purely ball physics point of view, the ball certainly cannot lose that much momentum once it hits an edge if travelling at high speed.

To me its logical that if a ball travels at 150kph and loses about 20kph by the time it reaches the batsman, a thin edge will not obstruct the path of the ball in such a way that it will travel to the slips/keeper at a serverely reduced speed.

It seems that the implementation of the edges in the game does not take this into account and still sees the bat as an "obstruction" to the ball and therefore that obstruction will obviously bring the velocity of the ball right down. Rather than doing that it should appreciate the fact that a slender nick will more often than not keep the ball traveling at a decent pace and the ball wont just miraculously go straight to ground. Especially on attacking shots where an edge results in the ball falling to the ground about 5m behind the batsman and thats just stupid and unrealistic - unless the batsman had the edges of his bat glued up or dipped in a pot of sticky sludge.

So to answer your point...it is a big issue, if you are not convinced check some footage of a real game at some point and check how many edges off a fast bowler dont carry. I think you will find that very few dont...perhaps not very few but the majority certainly do carry.

This could possibly be because even fast bowlers on the game are STILL too slow. Shoiab Akhtar in BLC 2005 was genuinely fast and you actually felt hurried...it would be cool if the patch could speed up all bowlers, not according to the kph/mph indication but the actual speed the ball travels at. I cant say that I have ever felt hurried in the game as a batsman...

Spot on, especially the emboldened part.

I think it will be very good if any1 cud add the sounds of bat hittin the pitch before a bowler bowls the delivery and also if someone could add the sounds of the edges of the bat Thanks..

I play Xbox 360 version, I have not seen this problem. This is the first I have heard of this issue. Most edges from fast bowler fly to slips or keeper. I take a lot of wickets in slips and by the keeper. I wonder if this problem is only in the PC version.

Last edited:
I play Xbox 360 version, I have not seen this problem. This is the first I have heard of this issue. Most edges from fast bowler fly to slips or keeper. I take a lot of wickets in slips and by keeper. I wonder this problem is in the PC version.

Hmm thats very interesting...from what I understood everyone's been complaining of this so its worrying to hear that the builds from xbox to pc are so different. In a way thats pretty cool though, because im getting an xbox in october lol

How about having to earn the right to bowl a yorker.
I see lots of people complain about online where some guys will just bowl yorker after yorker.
So how about you have to beat the batsman whether its a ball where batsman misses or a LBW appeal a wicket a nick you name it if you beat the batsman you earn a yorker ball and you can save em up and use when you like.
If you dont have any saved you can only bowl so far up the pitch until you earn the right to bowl 1 dunno if this is a good idea or not any thoughts.:p

Users who are viewing this thread