Your Cricket Where is the strangest place you've played, or seen cricket be played?

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I thought that this might be an interesting topic after listening to Viv Richards on the TMS podcast talking about playing a game in Toronto. Where is the strangest country that you've ever played or practiced cricket?

I took a ball with me when I went to Lithuania last summer. Couldn't fit a bat into my luggage (would be hard to explain as well!); so it was just practicing bowling at a wall but I got a few odd looks from the locals when I was doing it in the market square round from my hotel. Might be doing a year of my masters in Kazakhstan if I get onto the course that I want to do; and if I do you bet that I'll be taking cricket stuff with me there because that would be a really interesting story to tell people!

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
My Aunt's Kitchen :D Actually it's quite big for a kitchen.So in childhood when we were forced to stay at home we used to play there

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
KSA with ARABS :D

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
^I remember during our exams,we used to make a paper ball by wrapping tape on paper and used our clipboards as bats to play in classroom :D

lion100lion

International Coach
I remember during our exams,we used to make a paper ball by wrapping tape on paper and used our clipboards as bats to play in classroom
This is why cricket is growing in it's popularity and even different from other popular games like football.
Balls of paper, Book as bat, wall as stumps.. etc
Even street cricket has got it's own rules.

You can't play football in classroom or in a street !

D

Dutch

Badminton racket, rolled up socks, washing basket as wicket keeper, small chair as wicket.......front room. Dog as brilliant all round fielder....man....doggy...thingy....best games ever

Last edited by a moderator:

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Badminton racket, rolled up socks, washing basket as wicket keeper, small chair as wicket.......front room. Dog as brilliant all round fielder....man....doggy...thingy....best games ever

Ashes Cricket 13?

ethybubs

International Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
England... got some funny looks from the locals.

craig-ferguson-z-snap-o.gif

Jine

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Most enjoyable place is playing cricket at muddy area. At rainy season. Ground full of mud pits. Taking revenge of batsman by pitching the ball at muddy area. Shirt,face messed with muds. what more you have enjoyed than this :p ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread