Your Cricket Which do you prefer to play

Which form of cricket do you prefer to play?

• Total voters
i reckon 2,3,4 and 5 day matches would be awsome never played one though im only 13 max i play is 50 overs.

We play two day games with 75 overs a side in the 3rd and 4th grades. The 1st and 2nd grade teams play 100 over a side matches over three days.

Personally, I'm not a fan of limited overs cricket because you can't set a batsman up and think him out as well and it isn't as easy to build an innings when batting.

We play two day games with 75 overs a side in the 3rd and 4th grades. The 1st and 2nd grade teams play 100 over a side matches over three days.

Personally, I'm not a fan of limited overs cricket because you can't set a batsman up and think him out as well and it isn't as easy to build an innings when batting.

Same (I think). I'm a 3rd grader this season (4th last) and completely agree.

I've played 20 overs, 3 to 5 day matches (although most involved timings from afternoon into the late evening :D ) and I would like to play even in the 50 over format. Although I think those 3 to 5 day matches were more fun. :)

50 over for mine. Here we play 20, 25, 40 and 50, and I've always liked the 50 over games. Plenty of time to bat, wherever you come in, and you always get to bowl a couple of overs.

my u14s grand final was a 3 day cricket match you could bat as long as you wanted. was really good game we won fairly easily and bated our first innings on the 2nd and third day

40-50 Overs matches are alot better than 2020, but I would love to play a 3 or 4 day match.

What is a 4 day game like? Knowing there is no pressure? Have you kept, for a couple of days straight? Have you made a century? Have you batted for hours? I am interested.

In terms of batting. I feel that the 3 day / 4 day game can sometimes bring more pressure instead of the common notion that you can take your time so there's no pressure. The reason is that with all the slips and catching fielders, it can play on your mind that a mistake would mean getting out (which in itself can cause one to make more mistakes). The second thing is that the need to survive can play on your mind as well. The idea that one mistake and it's over makes it harder in my opinion. In ODI formats, the pressure is lesser, there aren't many catching fielders, you know you can take your time with a few singles by hitting towards the deep fielders.

In terms of bowling, well I just love it. I'm the attack bowler and setting batsmen up in long spells just really feels like you've earned your wicket. It can take a physical toll and mental as well (if you haven't had a wicket for 40-50 overs!) but as a cricket lover, I think the experience is unmatched.

As a bowler I hate the 20/20 format, 1 over and you know that the next over would be the end of your spell!

35 overs, because it's not too long but has a good amount of strategy and still has that 50 over flavour in it (smash at the start, keep your wicket, then hit at the end).

Users who are viewing this thread