Which Graphics Settings Should I Be Reducing?

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Is this game just badly optimized, i can run DBC 14 maxed out with no problems.
But this game runs like crap it stutters it glitches thats at maxed out and then i tried with everything lowered and it still runs like crap WTF is this about?
Im seriousley dissapointed with this game and the gfx are pretty bad also such a shame.
DBC 14 was best ever cricket game and i didnt expect this 1 to be so much worse. :(

I felt the same that there are lot of opportunities in terms of graphics optimization.

Even with top performing graphics cards or even when you can run games like GTAV or Fifa or other top games, or even when DBC14 or RLL3 runs butter smooth at max settings - you most likely won't get that max feeling in terms of display with DBC17. I certainly didn't. Just getting used to 2k display.

Lot of things unexplained or not told. During DBC14, they clearly explained the maximum support that DBC14 can do(HD textures) and it's compatibility of upscaling on higher resolutions. Here, I can't even get the game to run in 4k mode with 4k display. It won't allow me to manually edit the configuration file like DBC14 to higher resolutions. In configuration file, it is not detecting my sli configuration though other settings file has correct info. And there are lots of jerks in display suddenly in middle of game ( trying to figure out whether I forced too max settings with GeForce panel ). Just experimenting with my settings with too many open Questions. ;) hopefully when game breaking issues are addressed, BA team do some optimization or recommend the display compatability(HD or 2k or 4k). Only thing which worries me a lot, RLL3 can but DBC17 can't!!

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There are stutters and lags on PS4 as well. At this point, we can just hope that BA does work on the optimisation though I reckon fixing bugs would be a higher priority for them.

jonah

International Coach
The only thing that helps stop the laggy game play for me is to turn off vsync in Nvidia control panel, but then I have to put up with screen tearing.
I think it's my old quad core cpu throttling my graphics card; time for an upgrade methinks.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Those screen jerks is gone now for me in PC version after applying @grkrama 's trick of alt+enter once. Now screen is butter smooth for me, dunno how it fixes the issue but feeling happy and now motivated to play for some more time. I almost didn't touch the game for days due to this terrible shake of screens that I was getting in replays. Thanks @grkrama.

@MattW - you might want to consider these kind of small but yet painful distractions for gamers as high priority fixes, hope you already have it in radar.

Beauty of this game is really coming out nicely post fixes!!

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Yeah, I haven't actually tried any frame rate analysis or anything but it was pretty obvious that there was a big problem until I disabled the crowd.

It's been perfect since then. Here's what I'm now able to run with. I'd tried lowering everything before, but now it looks gorgeous and plays perfectly.

Settings.jpg
Anti-aliasing should be the first thing turned off

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
I tried that. It helped a little but didn't solve it completely. Once I disabled the crowd, I found I was able to turn anti-aliasing and depth of field back on with no problems anyway, so that's what I've stuck with. Looks better, plays perfectly.

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Yes even I have been facing same stuttering issues since the day I bought the game...

They are evident in the replays & severall times randomely in the gameplay...

My specs are
Win 8.1 64 bit
core i7-4500U @1.8Ghz/2.4Ghz
8GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 8850M (2GB)

Current settings are

Res 1280*720
Character detail HIGH
Shadows LOW
Shadow hardening DISABLED
Shadow Smoothing DISABLED
AntiAliasing FXAA
Depth of Field ENABLED
BLOOM HIGH QUALITY
Light Flares HIGH
Crowd DISABLED
Grass LOW
Ambient Occlusion DISABLED
Full Screen ENABLED
Vsync DISABLED
Auto Letterboxing DISABLED

I tried the Alt Tab method suggested above but of no avail...

I think my specs are reasonably sufficient for gameplay at medium settings...which is evident from other high end games...

@HBK619 & @MattW
Sir kindly suggest tweaking if any....

Sir kind request to you to address the stuttering & flickering issues in the updates soon to make the game enticing to play for hours & hours tgether...

1. In night part of the ODI matches the shadows are missing which seems an unusal bug...& also the graphics become unusual like sepia for some moments....

2. Also several times in day part of the matches the pitch is so bright that it becomes v difficult to view the ball closely (in broadcast batting & bowling) as the white ball gets easily camouflaged to view the swing & seam movement closely whle batting....(i have got out several times this way after being unable to view the ball movement swinging sharply...I hav to rely on the ball marker colors & even in that too the Yellow circle too gets camouflaged with the pitch color)

[It even happens sometimes in actual TV footage ODI matches in the afternoon part when the Sunrays are at a particular angle with the pitch but it is only from 1 particular end of he pitch & that too for some time...Whereas from the other end the view of the ball is so pristinely clear giving it a clear contrast effect]

My system brightness is at a medium level...

What can I do for increasing the contrast of the bright pitch with the white ball...

@grkrama bro if you can suggest tweaks for aforesaid issues...

Thanx...

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Is this game just badly optimized, i can run DBC 14 maxed out with no problems.
But this game runs like crap it stutters it glitches thats at maxed out and then i tried with everything lowered and it still runs like crap WTF is this about?

Im seriousley dissapointed with this game and the gfx are pretty bad also such a shame.
DBC 14 was best ever cricket game and i didnt expect this 1 to be so much worse. :(

Nope, I don't get a single problem:

Mij3hHk.png

I tried that. It helped a little but didn't solve it completely. Once I disabled the crowd, I found I was able to turn anti-aliasing and depth of field back on with no problems anyway, so that's what I've stuck with. Looks better, plays perfectly.
Keep it off anyway it isn't needed on a PC. That should always be the first thing people turn off

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Keep it off anyway it isn't needed on a PC. That should always be the first thing people turn off

I'm not playing at maximum resolution, so it looks a lot better if I keep it on. It's not slowing it down at all anyway, so I'm happy with how things are. :)

LIQUIDM3T4L

School Cricketer
I have reduced all the settings but still match is lagging. not much but yes it is lagging.

but if I play a women's match. the game lags and player shots are so slow that I miss the ball everytime.

Kindly check if it is happening with anybody else.

ashar rizwan

Associate Captain
for better performance you need to disable shadows and reduce crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread