Which Player Would You Give To The Opposition!!

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
You'd rather have a 20 year old with an average of 75, who might actually get a game at International Level?

Yes, tbh. Because he's 20. Or even Jon Holland, Cullen Bailey or Dan Cullen

:D

Gazza_11 added 0 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

I'm pretty sure Hauritz is better than that guy, and they're only 1 and a half years apart.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
And how many leg-spinners are fully developed when they're 20-24? Not many. Most leg-spinners in the past haven't become decent until they're in their mid 20's, it's an art the takes a lot of time to master. 26 is young for a leggie.

Howsie added 1 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

I'm pretty sure Hauritz is better than that guy, and they're only 1 and a half years apart.

Better one day bowler yes, FC bowler maybe. Nethula has a strike-rate in the 60's afterall, Hauritz's is in the 90's.

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
I don't even get why Australia, is trying to get an attacking spinner. We have Paul Harris who is there as a containment bowler, who can take some wickets, but his main priority is to just assist the pacers and keep the runs down, bogging one end, allowing the bowler at the other end to attack. Australia should just look to go on the same sort of plan with whichever spinner they choose.

TumTum

International Cricketer
I don't even get why Australia, is trying to get an attacking spinner. We have Paul Harris who is there as a containment bowler, who can take some wickets, but his main priority is to just assist the pacers and keep the runs down, bogging one end, allowing the bowler at the other end to attack. Australia should just look to go on the same sort of plan with whichever spinner they choose.

Because the Saffers pace bowling keep the runs down, we leak so many runs, that it's not funny anymore. Batsmen just block against Hauritz most of the time.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Howsie said:
Better one day bowler yes, FC bowler maybe. Nethula has a strike-rate in the 60's afterall, Hauritz's is in the 90's.

You bloody idiot :p Haury's strike rate is 67, which is 9 better than Vettori:facepalm

I beg you not to take that seriously :)

Gazza_11 added 2 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Admittedly, that's Test matches.

Which some might say are harder than the New Zealand FC circuit :p

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I was comparing the two's FC records as Nethula hasn't played test cricket.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
And how many leg-spinners are fully developed when they're 20-24? Not many. Most leg-spinners in the past haven't become decent until they're in their mid 20's, it's an art the takes a lot of time to master. 26 is young for a leggie.

Nethula still isn't decent :laugh Jokes :)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator

Thing is Harris actually has the ability to take a bagful of wickets, Hauritz has never achieved a 5 fer in his life.
Harris 25 Test, 3x4 fers, 3x5 fers; 96 FC, 18x5 fers
Hauritz 10 Test, nothing; 53 FC, 3x 4 fers, 0x5 fers

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Take Nehra or Ishant from India. No Replacement, just take them.

I know he is going downhill a bit at the moment, but I can't believe how badly Ishant has been abandoned by Indian supporters. He is the only Indian Fast bowler who touched 150 KPH and troubled the best player of pace bowling (ponting) in the his own backyard. I just feel Indian bowlers are not being coached right. They are being told to bowl line and length blah blah. Ishant must have definitely been told to cut down on pace for sake of accuracy. Now he has lost both :doh
India please hire Akram or Donald as Fast bowling coach

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Ishant Sharma cross the borders please ;)

So you want him to end up in a jail and be released 20 years later a gesture of goodwill. :laugh

sami ullah khan added 4 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Don't worry Pakistani batsmen have ability to make Hauritz look like Murali :facepalm

As suspected Pakistani Batsmen gave Hauritz his first five wicket haul. If any team wants their spinners to get confidence play them against the weakest batting line up in the world (Pak) and your spinner will have a 5er. God Damn our batting and all the nepotism that sees ████ heads like Faisal, farhat and Kamran Akmal play again and again for Pak :facepalm.

D

Dutch

So you want him to end up in a jail and be released 20 years later a gesture of goodwill. :laugh

sami ullah khan added 4 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

As suspected Pakistani Batsmen gave Hauritz his first five wicket haul. If any team wants their spinners to get confidence play them against the weakest batting line up in the world (Pak) and your spinner will have a 5er. God Damn our batting and all the nepotism that sees ████ heads like Faisal, farhat and Kamran Akmal play again and again for Pak :facepalm.

I was about to say how well you had seen this coming!! Shame though as i really would like to see Pakistan become stronger in the longer version of the game. Too inexpereinced some of them? Not enough conentration? Talent?

Users who are viewing this thread