IPL Who Will win It.?

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
You don't have anything to backup your argument? Better come up with some.:D

I am not arguing anything with you, I don't need to.
I just said it's player's hardwork which wins a team it's trophy, not just alone captain's, and on this planet you can't prove this wrong.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I am not arguing anything with you, I don't need to.
I just said it's player's hardwork which wins a team it's trophy, not just alone captain's, and on this planet you can't prove this wrong.

I agree with that. I dont agree with you when you said that Dhoni is an over rated captain. Its in our system that the captain gets credit in the end for victories even though he might not have contributed much in his area of specialization, but still its the captain's job to marshall his resources skillfully on the field to achieve results, and Dhoni has shown how well he has handles his resources and I believe he is not an over rated captain. If Dhoni is over rated, then Sachin Tendulkar is over rated as a cricketer too. Well, with the Indian media and public, everyone will fall under that "over rated" category... You just have to adjust your criteria of what defines "over rated".

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
I dont agree with you when you said that Dhoni is an over rated captain. Its in our system that the captain gets credit in the end for victories even though he might not have contributed much in his area of specialization, but still its the captain's job to marshall his resources skillfully on the field to achieve results, and Dhoni has shown how well he has handles his resources and I believe he is not an over rated captain. If Dhoni is over rated, then Sachin Tendulkar is over rated as a cricketer too. Well, with the Indian media and public, everyone will fall under that "over rated" category... You just have to adjust your criteria of what defines "over rated".

For you he might not be over-rated, for me he is overrated, and he will remain so until he starts showing why he is rated so much. He hardly contributes with the bat in 90% of the games when playing for India (I'm not talking about CSK, I don't care about IPL performances) , tho he is a good keeper. And yeah, don't bring WC's final performance as it was only one performance in whole WC.
Also the thing pisses me off is that whenever someone says T20 WC 07 or WC 11, the other replies "yeah, which Dhoni won?" How the fried chicken can he win the WC alone.
Along with all these facts I agree that he is the best prospect to lead India team now because nobody else seems to up for that task.

Also anybody can raise the question that why he promoted himself in WC final when he was out of form and an inform batsman in Yuvi was held back, just because rising to fame. Yuvi could well have done the work for India too, tho no grudges since he actually did a good work.

EDIT: Where did Tendulkar came from, just because I'm a huge tendulkar fan.

Aussie Team

Panel of Selectors
If Dhoni is over rated, then Sachin Tendulkar is over rated as a cricketer too.

You don't realize how much you live and die by what the team is doing when you say overrated. You're always thinking about Dhoni is the world class but no, he's not. I don't really care whether he has managed the side by looking over the shoulders too much at the opposition - don't become a side that enjoys the challenge of facing the opposition.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As Akshay said, I won't look at it from the IPL perspective. IPL is overrated, and the format is such, it doesn't matter who wins. It could have been RCB, or MI as well. A single match win isn't testimonial to a team's superiority over other, especially in T20s.

Now talking about the world cup win, we really won it by the team effort. Of course, Dhoni's captaincy counted, but the players should have been credited rather than overrating the captain. I won't argue about anyone being a greater captain, but Dhoni is overrated. Not that he is a atrocious player, but it's the Indian media, and audience's narrow views on cricket which basically culminates into them overrating him. If someone ever watched a typical news channel bestowing accolades and laurels on Dhoni, he'd know how unreal it seems.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
As Akshay said, I won't look at it from the IPL perspective. IPL is overrated, and the format is such, it doesn't matter who wins. It could have been RCB, or MI as well. A single match win isn't testimonial to a team's superiority over other, especially in T20s.

Now talking about the world cup win, we really won it by the team effort. Of course, Dhoni's captaincy counted, but the players should have been credited rather than overrating the captain. I won't argue about anyone being a greater captain, but Dhoni is overrated. Not that he is a atrocious player, but it's the Indian media, and audience's narrow views on cricket which basically culminates into them overrating him. If someone ever watched a typical news channel bestowing accolades and laurels on Dhoni, he'd know how unreal it seems.

INDIA TV, even I hate their reports on Sachin, so exaggerating.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
For you he might not be over-rated, for me he is overrated, and he will remain so until he starts showing why he is rated so much. He hardly contributes with the bat in 90% of the games when playing for India (I'm not talking about CSK, I don't care about IPL performances) , tho he is a good keeper. And yeah, don't bring WC's final performance as it was only one performance in whole WC.
Also the thing pisses me off is that whenever someone says T20 WC 07 or WC 11, the other replies "yeah, which Dhoni won?" How the fried chicken can he win the WC alone.
Along with all these facts I agree that he is the best prospect to lead India team now because nobody else seems to up for that task.

Also anybody can raise the question that why he promoted himself in WC final when he was out of form and an inform batsman in Yuvi was held back, just because rising to fame. Yuvi could well have done the work for India too, tho no grudges since he actually did a good work.

EDIT: Where did Tendulkar came from, just because I'm a huge tendulkar fan.

No, I didnt bring Tendulkar because of you, I talked about him because you were using the word "overrated" and in India most players are overrated including Sachin Tendulkar.

All I will say is, every captain of India has been overrated. Saurav Ganguly was enormously overrated (they overrate him even now, more so than Dhoni). Same case with Dhoni too! If you think all this is called "overrated", yes Dhoni is overrated. But its all because our people have this tendency to do it.

----------

You don't realize how much you live and die by what the team is doing when you say overrated. You're always thinking about Dhoni is the world class but no, he's not. I don't really care whether he has managed the side by looking over the shoulders too much at the opposition - don't become a side that enjoys the challenge of facing the opposition.

So a captain is rated well on what criteria? Can you explain it to me?

Aussie Team

Panel of Selectors
So a captain is rated well on what criteria? Can you explain it to me?

Well, I find hard when people says captain is only there to win games. As a captain, it's important that you are able to isolate individually from your own performance. If you have a bad one and let it get you down, the whole team is coming with you. You need to step down and salute it's not your day. Try to be the best in the world both on and off the field and the best in the world at all levels.

I believe that this plan will take them to those goals. Everything is in place now for everyone to move on and I genuinely think it's managerial skills that made Dhoni so successful.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
All I will say is, every captain of India has been overrated. Saurav Ganguly was enormously overrated (they overrate him even now, more so than Dhoni). Same case with Dhoni too! If you think all this is called "overrated", yes Dhoni is overrated. But its all because our people have this tendency to do it.

Dhoni's been overrated more than others. They are imploring students to inspire from Dhoni in the B-schools.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
No, I didnt bring Tendulkar because of you, I talked about him because you were using the word "overrated" and in India most players are overrated including Sachin Tendulkar.

Yeah Sachin is overrated I agree, he is not god as media shows it.
But the hard fact is Sachin contributes with the bat in 90% of the matches when India needs him whereas Dhoni fails in 90% of the match with the bat.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Sai , if your talking through your captain marvel's success in the World Cup , it was definitely not due to his captaincy , I would rather say it was a magnificent team effort that won it for India . Just imagine his fate without a Yuvraj Singh or a Zaheer Khan in his xi? If he was a great leader , he really :

1. Should have contributed consistently with the bat throughout the WC , FAIL !
2. Should have easily defended 340 against the worst England ODI side in years , especially having won the toss .
3. Shouldn't have brought in Sreesanth like a fool in the final who went on to concede 50 runs in his 7 overs without a wicket .
4. Should have preferred Ashwin anytime over Piyush 'crap' Chawla .

Just one big innings , fortunately for him on the biggest occasion , and there we go hearing chants and prayers sung towards MSD ! That knock in the final hardly proves he's a talented batsmen or a fantastic leader (of course a majority know that he isn't either of those) . Just look at what Ganguly did in 2003 , Ponting in 2007 , those are the skills you should be expecting from a trademark skipper , not this method of gambling as Mr.MSD does .

But the hard fact is Sachin contributes with the bat in 90% of the matches when India needs him whereas Dhoni fails in 90% of the match with the bat.

Perfectly put.

Last edited:

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
1. Should have contributed consistently with the bat throughout the WC , FAIL !
Yeah, coming in at 6 mostly, when 5-7 overs are left, he should score consistently.

2. Should have easily defended 340 against the worst England ODI side in years , especially having won the toss .
Worst side, maybe or maybe not. One man show, Strauss took the game away single handedly. Nothing much one can do.

3. Shouldn't have brought in Sreesanth like a fool in the final who went on to concede 50 runs in his 7 overs without a wicket .
Weird decision, sure. But, if I know right, the track helped the pacers. Hence, he was given the nod ahead.

4. Should have preferred Ashwin anytime over Piyush 'crap' Chawla .

I agree with this though.

Just look at what Ganguly did in 2003 , Ponting in 2007 , those are the skills you should be expecting from a trademark skipper , not this method of gambling as Mr.MSD does .

What they did?

Also, let us not forget he's a human. Might make some mistakes while other decisions of his might pay off. To be honest, I just loved when he himself took on the responsibility in the final. Just showed how mature he is.

Some of the people hate him for nothing.

----------

Just imagine his fate without a Yuvraj Singh or a Zaheer Khan in his xi?
Ha ha, nice. So, imagine the same for Ponting without the likes of Hayden, Gilchrist, Warne, McGrath.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, coming in at 6 mostly, when 5-7 overs are left, he should score consistently.

Yeah , especially when players like Hussey , Afridi , Umar Akmal did the same on a consistent basis .

Worst side, maybe or maybe not. One man show, Strauss took the game away single handedly. Nothing much one can do.

Nothing much one can do? Giving the ball in the 49th over to Chawla , that's one thing he certainly cannot do if at all he's a great leader .

Weird decision, sure. But, if I know right, the track helped the pacers. Hence, he was given the nod ahead.

Fair enough , but nowhere is it near to justify him a good captain .

I agree with this though.

There's a minus one to his name .

What they did?

Tell me something they didn't do?:lol

Ganguly 465 runs @ 58 , S/R : 82
Ponting 415 runs @ 52 , S/R : 88

Ponting 539 runs @ 67 , S/R : 95
Ganguly 162 runs @ 54 , S/R : 62
Dhoni 29 runs @ 9.33 , S/R : Don't know and don't really care

Ha ha, nice. So, imagine the same for Ponting without the likes of Hayden, Gilchrist, Warne, McGrath.

The fact is Ponting himself was key to Australia's success and the same applies to Ganguly for leading a depleted Indian side to the finals in 2003 . What MSD possesses atm is probably the greatest Indian side ever(similar to Ponting's troops 4 years back) , but the outsiders at the least expect him to contribute 50% to the team's success with the bat/bowl(whichever role he's primarily strong in) and don't expect him to take these silly gambles like he's been doing all over his career. i really don't mind how you see MSD and his skills , but the thing is , the majority of the Indian members here in PC themselves deny he's the greatest leader and a talented batsman .

Last edited:

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors

Yeah, FAIL against South Africa, England, West Indies and Pakistan when we needed him.

Kinda right, agreed to it, but then again no outstanding captaincy skills were shown during the match. Isn't he the best skipper?:rolleyes Giving Chawla the second last over was a big fail.

Yeah, sure a guy who got spanked against a minnow in the first match and without any match practice was given the nod ahead of Ashwin who was doing so well.

Also, let us not forget he's a human. Might make some mistakes while other decisions of his might pay off. To be honest, I just loved when he himself took on the responsibility in the final. Just showed how mature he is.

Some of the people hate him for nothing.

Why you loved it when he took the responsibility in the final? Why you wouldn't have loved it if Yuvi (the regular no. 5 in form batsman) would have done the work for India.

It was all done by Dhoni to rise to fame, cause it was the world cup final. He came early and spanked the lankans, and great, he is the hero cause he became the guy who won India the world cup with captaincy and batting. Brilliant. fried chicken.

Users who are viewing this thread