Why isn't a bigger deal being made of AI fields?

acrcmb

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've also had some insane fields, had a couple of times where there has been one slip close to wicket keeper on the off side and then all the other fielders where on the leg side. I really hate how fielding restrictions don't seem to apply in t20's aswell If I go in early I decide to be agressive thinking I'll get to take advantage of the fielders being inside the circle only to get caught by fielders breaking the restrictions.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
...is that even LEGAL? Never ever seen that in a game of cricket. Why is that even a choice for the AI to have?

As has been mentioned, absolutely not. I did umpiring for a while and that'd be a no-ball. I'll see if I can dig up my laws of cricket thingamajig.

Toonga

Club Cricketer
I'm frustrated at the AI setting no slips at the start of a test or batsman's innings....... Then again edges don't fly to slips in this game so why would they bother putting slips in place?? It's smarter than we think!

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
As has been mentioned, absolutely not. I did umpiring for a while and that'd be a no-ball. I'll see if I can dig up my laws of cricket thingamajig.

I'm 99% sure it's not personally but feel free to prove me wrong :D. Laws of cricket are also all online now and there's nothing there abut it.

CallyT

School Cricketer
I'm frustrated at the AI setting no slips at the start of a test or batsman's innings....... Then again edges don't fly to slips in this game so why would they bother putting slips in place?? It's smarter than we think!

In Career, I've been dropped in the slips twice and have edges go through gaps between keeper and a gully.,

Dosnt happen every game but I've also seen the Ai caught in slip on a few occasions.

Users who are viewing this thread