Will Codemasters Ever Make A Cricket Game Again?

Will Codemasters Ever Make Another Cricket Game

• Total voters

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Is EA even interested in making a Cricket Game again? because i don't think so.

fk915

Club Cricketer
This is true or not we dont know yet ... but if its true then EA will have to find another game maker coz I dont think EA want to spend much money to the cricket series to them cheaper way is to outsourse cricket game to some other company like they were doing with HB ..... this is off topic but I dont exactly remember someone in these forum predicted that HB are gonna make their own Cricket game?? how true is this???

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The contract expires in January 2008 - perhaps within that time the last HB Studios Cricket game will be rushed/released.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
of course they will, but all you'll be getting is an updated roster and a slightly better GFX

fk915

Club Cricketer
yes because we have too much faith in EA and Codies, in my opinion the members on this forum could make a better game, and they are with TAOC

I dont have any high expectations with TAOC not because I have doubt in the talented team behind the game .... its just they dont have resources and technology that companies like EA and Codies have.

NickD58

School Cricketer
I may be in the minority here it seems but Cricket 07 is awful compared to BLIC 07. I can't even play with my gamepad properly. I try to bowl in 07, my cursor is moving like crazy on the 1 star level. Batting is a bit better but still I enjoy BLIC a whole lot more.

Not to mention the horrible graphics and the complete lack of widescreen settings which makes players looks all 50 pounds overweight and who don't even look like their real life counterpart. Of course, if we're talking about the 360 version, I can't even get that since I live in Canada and it's region coded PAL and my 360 modded can't even do PAL like my PS2 does so I have to stick to PC gaming for international games.

Maybe it's because I'm a cricket newb and I don't know the game enough to know when to play from the back foot or the front.

pingusten

Club Cricketer
I may be in the minority here it seems but Cricket 07 is awful compared to BLIC 07. I can't even play with my gamepad properly. I try to bowl in 07, my cursor is moving like crazy on the 1 star level. Batting is a bit better but still I enjoy BLIC a whole lot more.

Not to mention the horrible graphics and the complete lack of widescreen settings which makes players looks all 50 pounds overweight and who don't even look like their real life counterpart. Of course, if we're talking about the 360 version, I can't even get that since I live in Canada and it's region coded PAL and my 360 modded can't even do PAL like my PS2 does so I have to stick to PC gaming for international games.

Maybe it's because I'm a cricket newb and I don't know the game enough to know when to play from the back foot or the front.

Well, you can get widescreen fixes from all over the internet for any game. Try widescreengamingforums.com.

And the movement of the cursor? Thats just so you dont find it as easy as Brian Lara, making it therefore more realistic. Which bowler in the world can land the ball in the same place 6 times in a row?

khan31

International Coach
We all only buy their games because we have faith, not in codies, but in PlanetCricket. After this game being so uneditable I doubt many of us will be buying their next game. I certainly won't.

Users who are viewing this thread