Will Codemasters Ever Make A Cricket Game Again?

Will Codemasters Ever Make Another Cricket Game

• Total voters

Maximum

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I reckon they'll get another studio to make the game but give them a chance to rebuild from scratch because they are copping a lot of grief for BLIC2007. Of course I am an optimist but I reckon the monopoly they had on cricket games is too valuable financially to **** into the wind.

morson93

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I Think They Will. As Long As It Brings In The Money. I Hope They Look Into The Wii Aswel. It Wont Be Better Then The Real Thing But Itll Be Better Then Using It On The PS2. Besides Id Still Get It On The Comp 4 The Mods If They Dont Go Changing It Again,

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
No I dont think so because they don't get enough money out of the game.

Codemasters do get a fair bit of return from the time and money they invest in making cricket games though, so if they were to announce that they had abandoned the Brian Lara Cricket series for this reason it wouldn't go down very well.

Both BLIC 2005 and BLIC 2007 reached the top of the UK sales charts - a cricket game very rarely does that. You could argue that BLIC 2005 was part of a craze for cricket because of the Ashes, but you couldn't say that about BLIC 2007. That was released during the World Cup which was not well publicised and turned out to be the worst thing to happen to cricket since the match fixing scandal.

Users who are viewing this thread