Will Cricket 2002 work in N.America? - NTSC?

OggiDoggi

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I read the interview by Salman with Derek Proud about EA sports Cricket 2002 and was wondering what was meant by this excerpt:
9.) Why not an NTSC version, there are about thousand cricket clubs across the USA and Canada. If there were a marketing campaign to let the public know that there is such a cricket game on the market, I think it would help. Also previously the cricket titles from EA Sports did ok in terms of sales here in North America. What are your thoughts on the matter?

We are currently very keen to make an NTSC version and sell into North America, but there is little interest at the moment from our NA colleagues. They have seen the game and agree that it is of very high quality but the performance of Cricket on the continent does not warrant making a completely different version. We're continuing to try and persuade all the same.

Are there two different Playstation 2's one for North America and one for the rest of the world? If I bought a Playstation 2 from the U.S. would Cricket 2002 not work if I ordered it from overseas? Thanks in advance for any info you can give.

Statman

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
NTSC is the TV standard for North America. The rest of the world uses a PAL standard. So there are two differnet types of Playstations. In short if you buy Cricket 2002 from the Uk or Australia and try to run in the US it wont work. If you do want it to work, you need to get a modchip. The modships are guarenteed to work but its not that easy to install them, and its expensive to send them to a company to install them. Also a mod chip does void the PS2 warranty. Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread