Will/Should there be a Patch 5?

eaglesrjh

School Cricketer
Unfortunately , I think a big chunk of the Loyal Fans , will refrain from buying the next version on day one , and first give it a skip for 6 months and 5 patches before getting in .

I think I agree with this, will just delay purchase and reduce frustration at a buggy out of the box game that was not really ready to release.

Mondy

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm not sure there needs to be a Patch 5. Franco is doing some sublime work on the fearsome tweak thread in the Academy.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
BA really disappionted with dbc17 and even after 6 months or 4 patches after release, i am still thinking most of time was my money wasted or not ? Was my decision ok or not to buy this game.

Its better if they gave addon on dbc14 console version with latest kits designs before releasing broken product.

Lets hope and positive if they consider further patching of dbc17 game

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@mani82ua try bowling using full balls as your stock ball. Just had the AI score over 300 against me when i normally bowl them out for around 100 on legend

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
BA really disappionted with dbc17 and even after 6 months or 4 patches after release, i am still thinking most of time was my money wasted or not ? Was my decision ok or not to buy this game.

Its better if they gave addon on dbc14 console version with latest kits designs before releasing broken product.

Lets hope and positive if they consider further patching of dbc17 game
How many hours have you played?

I can't speak for where you live, but a standard movie ticket costs $20 and goes for about 2 hours. If you've played it for 8 hours or more, you've got your money's worth.

Alternatively, a nice dinner out costs about $80 and lasts for maybe 2-3 hours if you're lucky.

A ticket to a T20 match that one team dominates would probably give you the same sense of (dis)satisfaction for approx 3-4 hours and would likely cost $40. So 2 disappointing T20s and you're well and truly up if you bought DBC17 and mildly enjoyed it for about 6 hours or so.

Hope this helps you get some closure on whether you wasted your money or not.

gunit123

County Cricketer
How many hours have you played?

I can't speak for where you live, but a standard movie ticket costs $20 and goes for about 2 hours. If you've played it for 8 hours or more, you've got your money's worth.

Alternatively, a nice dinner out costs about $80 and lasts for maybe 2-3 hours if you're lucky.

A ticket to a T20 match that one team dominates would probably give you the same sense of (dis)satisfaction for approx 3-4 hours and would likely cost $40. So 2 disappointing T20s and you're well and truly up if you bought DBC17 and mildly enjoyed it for about 6 hours or so.

Hope this helps you get some closure on whether you wasted your money or not.

This is honestly such a poor way to justify if the game is worth it imo - if the game can't have correct stats/field placements sticking (to name just two issues) after the 5th patch, then he is entitled to feel let down and lose trust in BA.

Chahan Shah

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This is honestly such a poor way to justify if the game is worth it imo - if the game can't have correct stats/field placements sticking (to name just two issues) after the 5th patch, then he is entitled to feel let down and lose trust in BA.

It is actually just putting it into perspective. No one is being asked to not feel let down. You can feel disappointed, lose trust and never buy another game from BA. That is your prerogative and no one is stopping you.

As @Slow and Steady mentioned, a movie ticket will run you about $15-$20. More if you go with someone else and buy snacks. If you combine the movie and dinner with a date you will spend excess of $100 for 5-6 hours. What if it was a completely horrible movie. And the restaurant was unusually busy that night with extremely slow service and not so good food. What do you do then? You don't go track down the movie producers and hound them about how bad the movie was and go over to the restaurant everyday to tell the manager that his food and service is terrible and stand outside the door telling every customer that walks in about how horrible it is.

You move on. You go to different movies. Eat at a new place. Years later maybe you hear that the restaurant renovated and you feel like giving it another try. Or you hold your grudge to your deathbed and that is up to you.

It is a matter of perspective. At the end of the day it is just a video game. Play something else. Maybe you feel like you wasted $60. It is not the end of the world. You can spend that much money very easily and very fast for something you will not even spend a lot of time on.

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia

It wasn't a question about feeling let down or not, it was about if he got his money's worth. @Chahan Shah has already elaborated perfectly, but you can get your moneys worth and still feel let down. I.e. buy tickets to a test match your team is expected to dominate. You see a whole days play with 10 wickets and 400 runs. Unfortunately, your team was bowled out for 100 while the opposition are 0/300 - you will feel let down, and you're entitled to do so, but you can't say you didn't get your money's worth.

Au contraire, you buy a ticket to a test match and 26 overs are bowled before the day is washed out. You don't get your money back, and your team lost 5/75 before the rain. Not only will you feel let down, but you also didn't get your money's worth.

There's a difference. If you've played DBC 17 for more than 10 hours, I'd argue that at $8 an hour, that's pretty cheap entertainment. If you weren't entertained, why the hell did you keep playing it for so long. If however, you put the disc in, played for an hour and decided it was complete rubbish, uninstalled it and never played it again, you didn't get your money's worth.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
It wasn't a question about feeling let down or not, it was about if he got his money's worth. @Chahan Shah has already elaborated perfectly, but you can get your moneys worth and still feel let down. I.e. buy tickets to a test match your team is expected to dominate. You see a whole days play with 10 wickets and 400 runs. Unfortunately, your team was bowled out for 100 while the opposition are 0/300 - you will feel let down, and you're entitled to do so, but you can't say you didn't get your money's worth.

Au contraire, you buy a ticket to a test match and 26 overs are bowled before the day is washed out. You don't get your money back, and your team lost 5/75 before the rain. Not only will you feel let down, but you also didn't get your money's worth.

There's a difference. If you've played DBC 17 for more than 10 hours, I'd argue that at $8 an hour, that's pretty cheap entertainment. If you weren't entertained, why the hell did you keep playing it for so long. If however, you put the disc in, played for an hour and decided it was complete rubbish, uninstalled it and never played it again, you didn't get your money's worth.
Well said! if you went to watch a movie that in your opinion was complete crap, would you demand your money back from the studio who made the movie? whahahahahha ;)

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
issue is when you close the match due to buggy AI, blunder overthrows, won any played game by 8-10 wickets most of time, blunder runouts, forget about online, wrong stats etc then you realize you wasted ur played time or decision to play the game. it could be great if you play anyother game which give more enjoyable time or you just stick to create kits, enhancing stadiums beauty.

Yes game is worthful if you keep creating new kits and enhancing stadium beauty or creating different teams etc at the current level.

Movie ticket cost 3-5 usd not 70 usd and specially when u give 20-30usd more to buy that from uae requesting someone 20 days before the launch.

Still i am very much hopefull that BA will further continue to patch the game and make it to great level

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It is actually just putting it into perspective. No one is being asked to not feel let down. You can feel disappointed, lose trust and never buy another game from BA. That is your prerogative and no one is stopping you.

As @Slow and Steady mentioned, a movie ticket will run you about $15-$20. More if you go with someone else and buy snacks. If you combine the movie and dinner with a date you will spend excess of $100 for 5-6 hours. What if it was a completely horrible movie. And the restaurant was unusually busy that night with extremely slow service and not so good food. What do you do then? You don't go track down the movie producers and hound them about how bad the movie was and go over to the restaurant everyday to tell the manager that his food and service is terrible and stand outside the door telling every customer that walks in about how horrible it is.

You move on. You go to different movies. Eat at a new place. Years later maybe you hear that the restaurant renovated and you feel like giving it another try. Or you hold your grudge to your deathbed and that is up to you.

It is a matter of perspective. At the end of the day it is just a video game. Play something else. Maybe you feel like you wasted $60. It is not the end of the world. You can spend that much money very easily and very fast for something you will not even spend a lot of time on.
I've got my money's worth. I've really enjoyed playing limited overs I just haven't had anywhere the enjoyment playing test matches because of the bat pad issues.

D

Deleted member 46200

Are you sure you don't follow the Western Force...?

True and well said (Never mentioned Fremantle).

Users who are viewing this thread