Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Issues

Hitterman

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Recently Installed SP2 for my Windows Vista. The game was working fine but now the game has too many issues.

- Game takes hell lot of time to load in the starting. It was taking previously 15 seconds for me but now it is taking 5 minutes to reach to the menu.

- More lagging while playing the game.

I hope Transmission Games will look into this because it's not a small issue I suppose.:sarcasm

Hitterman

International Coach
Is this the patched version? The beta patch significantly improved loading times on Windows 7 for me.
It's neither a patched version. The SP2 is also not beta. I haven't downloaded the patch because it's BETA and it's too big in size. I would prefer to wait for RC1. Actually, I never recognized that a patch is released for AC09. Today when I came in AC09 forum to create this thread then I found it.

After Installing SP2 on my Vista, the problem is only with Ashes Cricket and rest all games are perfectly fine. Even GTA IV is running better than AC09 which wasn't before.

Last edited:

Hitterman

International Coach
There was an issue in the initial release which is fixed by the patch.
There may be but in Vista SP1 is was fine. Now when I have SP2, its taking a hell lot of time. Well I hope there will be more complaints regarding the compatibility of this game with Vista SP2 coming here to prove my point.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Actually, I never recognized that a patch is released for AC09. Today when I came in AC09 forum to create this thread then I found it.
You'd think the 'Home of Cricket Video Games' would be on top of things like that. How is your player editor going anyway?

Try it with the patch, there's no point complaining about an issue that may have been fixed already, speed is greatly improved.

If it is a Vista SP2 issue and it still exists with the patch, that's something Transmission probably need to know before the main patch release while they can still do something about it.

Hitterman

International Coach
I just installed the patch and then tried. The ingame lagging in gone and the game is working great but don't know why still the main loading at the starting is still slow however the lagging just before the menu screen is solved with this patch.

It'ss really a good patch. I don't want a patch for this problem but at least a solution :)

Users who are viewing this thread