Wireless Network Problems

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
When I try to get onto the internet between 5.30am and 7.00am on weekdays, I just can't connect to my wireless network. The computer shows no recognition that there is a wireless network at all.

I have tried reconnecting the adapter, restarting the computer, repairing the network, etc. but it takes over an hour before it connects. Is there a solution for this?

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
Online Cricket Games Owned
Try logging on to your wireless router or access point and check DHCP settings, change the lease time to "one week" if set on "one day". Also check the time zone setting.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
what router are you using??
check the manual, it must be there, generally u need to enter an ip address to access the router admin pages...

eg for netgear, u need to enter 192.168.0.1

siddharth2002

How do I do this?
click start - run. type cmd. In cmd, type ipconfig, notice the default gateway. Thats your router's IP address. Start internet explorer and type that IP address. It will ask for a username and password, try these combos- admin/admin or admin/1234. In there you should be able to do it.

Brett_Lee

International Coach
I am also having problems with my wireless network sometimes. It sometimes just cuts out and cannot connect to server. It shows its connected to the network and it isnt...

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
click start - run. type cmd. In cmd, type ipconfig, notice the default gateway. Thats your router's IP address. Start internet explorer and type that IP address. It will ask for a username and password, try these combos- admin/admin or admin/1234. In there you should be able to do it.

After trying for 45 minutes this morning, I'm finally connected. The username and password combinations you suggested didn't work though when I typed my IP address into IE. It just said that access was denied.

siddharth2002

you can look up the username and passwords for different routers by googling the make and model. And using a network cable might get you in rather than going the wireless way.

Fender

School Cricketer
This isn't a problem with my Wireless network or anything, but, the computer I am on now is directly conected to the Motorola Broadband Cable thing(Sorry, don't know the technical terms) however I always have my dial-up connection on the computer just in case. However lately the Dial-Up conection pop-up is coming on and asking me to connect, however I am still connected through Broadband. It's just a simple matter of saying 'Work Offline' then going to Tools and unchecking 'Work Offline', it is still very annoying none the less. I have made sure my Dial-Up is not defualt or connected or anything. Not sure why it is doing it. Help appreciated.

Brett_Lee

International Coach
What i would personally do, is just delete the dial up connection and then just use the broadband cable. Write down the details for the dialup connection and if you ever need to use it again its just a simple matter of creating another connections which takes 1-2 mins.

PS: The Motorola Cable thing is called a Modem :p

siddharth2002

This isn't a problem with my Wireless network or anything, but, the computer I am on now is directly conected to the Motorola Broadband Cable thing(Sorry, don't know the technical terms) however I always have my dial-up connection on the computer just in case. However lately the Dial-Up conection pop-up is coming on and asking me to connect, however I am still connected through Broadband. It's just a simple matter of saying 'Work Offline' then going to Tools and unchecking 'Work Offline', it is still very annoying none the less. I have made sure my Dial-Up is not defualt or connected or anything. Not sure why it is doing it. Help appreciated.

From Internet Explorer, go to Tools - Options. Make sure that the setting below is ticked. "Never dial a connection". If that doesn't fix the problem let me know.

untitled.png

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
My problem hasn't been sorted yet.

Siddarth, you were about to tell me on WLM when, ironically, the network collapsed!

Fender

School Cricketer
From Internet Explorer, go to Tools - Options. Make sure that the setting below is ticked. "Never dial a connection". If that doesn't fix the problem let me know.

untitled.png

Wow, what a coincedence. Just an hour ago max I was playing around with that and turned it on to never dial a connection and so far so good.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I'm into the wireless configuration! But what do I do there to make it connect between 5.30am and 7.00am?

siddharth2002

When you say wireless configuration, you have to be in the wireless router, not the Windows one.

Users who are viewing this thread