WORLD CUP 1992 PATCH Released !!!

Hariz

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
redlantern2051 said:
Its a great patch man, but when I installed it, I had massive problems uninstalling it...dfid anyone else have this problem?

Also is it possible to edit the players as I found some of the guys had really strange stats, like Steve Waugh with almost no batting skill-if I can see if its possible to edit these players, (I have both Tom's and Mentalists editors) then I will play it.

But a great idea man+++vibes+++

Well Colin wrote the Installer/Uninstaller in such a form that it does everything on its own on just clicking !!! Moreover I have tried to make the stats of thr created players as accurate as possible !!! Perhaps there are some little flaws somewhere !!! You can open the TeamandPlayerInfoWC1992.bag file in Metalist's or Tom'Editor and edit the respective skill !!! In my opinion it is already pretty accurate though :rolleyes:

redlantern2051

Club Cricketer
Hariz said:
Well Colin wrote the Installer/Uninstaller in such a form that it does everything on its own on just clicking !!! Moreover I have tried to make the stats of thr created players as accurate as possible !!! Perhaps there are some little flaws somewhere !!! You can open the TeamandPlayerInfoWC1992.bag file in Metalist's or Tom'Editor and edit the respective skill !!! In my opinion it is already pretty accurate though :rolleyes:

Cool man, I'm not dissing you out dude. I only had a brief glance-its certainly a fine effort from you. I would have no idea how to do it. Just abit bervous about reinstalling, but if I back up my game profile this time, there should be no probs right?

Hariz

International Cricketer
Yeah if you want to be that sure back it up !!! The Uninstaller however turns your WC 1992 profile automatically to the old profile once uninstalled !!! However do back up !! Its better !!

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I've worked out the problem. You have RPIC and the installer is written for BLIC. It's searching for directories you don't have. I'll make an RPIC one tonight or tomorrow.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Can someone with RPIC instead of BLIC please confirm the installation path for me. I'm guessing something like C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Ricky Ponting International Cricket
2005\SaveGame\RPIC2005\
I guess it could be Atari instead of Codemasters...
This will be the same for anyone else who has RPIC and is struggling to make the editors/downloads work.

redlantern2051

Club Cricketer
barmyarmy said:
Can someone with RPIC instead of BLIC please confirm the installation path for me. I'm guessing something like C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Ricky Ponting International Cricket
2005\SaveGame\RPIC2005\
I guess it could be Atari instead of Codemasters...
This will be the same for anyone else who has RPIC and is struggling to make the editors/downloads work.

Hey mate, you were right first time.

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Ricky Ponting International Cricket 2005\SaveGame\RPIC2005\

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Here you go. Make sure that you start with Game Profile and Game Profile WC1992 in the RPIC2005 directory.
Any problems create a log for me.

Attachments

• WC1992RPIC.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 40

redlantern2051

Club Cricketer
barmyarmy said:
Here you go. Make sure that you start with Game Profile and Game Profile WC1992 in the RPIC2005 directory.
Any problems create a log for me.

OK dude, thanks man!

So I extract the Teamand playerinfo and GameProfileWC1992 from the old download into the appropriate files, then I bring the installer and uninstaller into the root directory, and then I'm good to go, right!

I will try this later BTW. I have backed up my files.

Prakash

Executive member
I recommend you to use
Copy "Game Profile" WC1992 /-Y
Instead of
Copy "Game Profile" "c:\Program Files\Codemasters\Ricky Ponting International Cricket 2005\SaveGame\RPIC2005\WC1992" /-Y
So that the copy command path will be relative :).

With a little more work on the batch file, I think its possible to use a same batch file for both BLIC and RPIC.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Are you sure that will work. It simply renamed it in the same directory when I did that before. It's critical it copies it to a different directory otherwise there are problems with the game reading the wrong game profile.

Prakash

Executive member
Yes it does works :). I noticed that in the next line you are deleting that file, so I think you should use the move command instead of the copy command.

Users who are viewing this thread