World Cup 2011 Groupings - 2003 WC format?

naresh091

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
And we went with Uthappa over Gambhir for that knock he played against the WI at Chennai.Having Gambhir in the team would have changed the fortunes.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
WTF does this have to do with the brains of the BCCI. It's a better jersey.

The color doesnt suit India. Dark blue doesnt fit with us after having seen us for so so many years in sky blue. And the BCCI decides the kit and the jerseys right? Who else does? Enlighten me if I am wrong.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
The color doesnt suit India. Dark blue doesnt fit with us after having seen us for so so many years in sky blue. And the BCCI decides the kit and the jerseys right? Who else does? Enlighten me if I am wrong.

Nike. There. I enlightened you.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Thanks for that. But cant the BCCI have a say on it? Its they who give the deal to Nike or whoever.

Maybe, but it's just silly to be that superstitious or picky about something as small as the colour of a jersey. BCCI already got their money for signing the contract. What more could they want?

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Whatever it may be, the light blue is better. Light blue is India.

I prefer the deeper-light blue, like in the 03 WC.

Params7

International Cricketer
They should have included the minnows in Champs Trophy. If they did good here, then send them to World Cup. WC is supposed to be played between the best.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
They should have included the minnows in Champs Trophy. If they did good here, then send them to World Cup. WC is supposed to be played between the best.

Quite right. It should be the other way round where the Champions Trophy should have the minnow nations included and the top 8 teams from the Champions Trophy qualify for the World Cup. The World Cup should be the best one, as per logic.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Quite right. It should be the other way round where the Champions Trophy should have the minnow nations included and the top 8 teams from the Champions Trophy qualify for the World Cup. The World Cup should be the best one, as per logic.
Which therefore would mean a longer Champions Trophy; this shorter version allows for too many upsets to occur and see the Netherlands or Ireland into the World Cup in the place of Pakistan, India, or the West Indies (all prone to such upsets).

I like the 2004 ICC Champions Trophy format alot; 4 groups of 3 teams.

Best team out of the group goes through to the semi-finals. Each team would play a minnow team (Australia and NZ played USA; Pakistan and India played Kenya; Sri Lanka and England played Zimbabwe; South Africa and West Indies played Bangladesh - who could be considered to be minnows at the time).

zMario added 2 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

By the way, how in the world did USA qualify over teams like Canada, Ireland, and the Netherlands for that Champions Trophy? :laugh

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors

then it wont be WORLD CUP, it would be Champions Trophy. and CT wont be CT. ^^ what he said...

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
then it wont be WORLD CUP, it would be Champions Trophy. and CT wont be CT. ^^ what he said...

Its quite flawed and complicated. World Cup is the biggest prize, not the Champions Trophy. Those who win the World Cup are called "World Champions". Anyways....

Users who are viewing this thread