Who should Host ICC World Cup 2011 ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Well wow... Congragulations to Asia for winning the world cup 2011 bid. Its a great feeling to see Asia win the bid to host a World Cup again after 1996.

I think I should be back in India by 2011, so I will be pleased if I can watch some matches live in the stadium. Should be great. sad for aus/nz but they too deserved it

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Here are some of my views on the next few World Cup competitions and the hosts.

ICC Cricket World Cup: West Indies 2007
In my opinion, the West Indies is one of the premier places to visit and has superb facilities. The small group of islands have produced arguably the world's finest batsman in Brian Lara and have barmy fans even in the most depressing of situations. The culture is fantastic and for people in England the matches begin at the convenient time of 2:30pm. This should be a brilliant tournament.

ICC Cricket World Cup: South Asia 2011
South Asia is one of the places I least like. Not because of any racial problem, just that the temperatures are too hot and humid. The group of countries have facilities that drastically need improving and the constant whistles and roars from the fans can drive people crazy. In England, the matches start at the inconvenient time of 4:00am. However, despite my own opinions, the tournament will produce much needed revenue which could go a long way for both the sport and the people. Good luck to you.

ICC Cricket World Cup: Australia and New Zealand 2015
There is no doubt that Australia and New Zealand have some wonderful, big facilities and a pleasent climate. However, the matches can start as early as 10:45pm in England! Still, should be a decent competition.

ICC Cricket World Cup: England 2019
The start times will of course be brilliant for me, 10:30am as I live in the country! There is a cool climate here (and that's being modest!), and England will still have stadiums like Lord's and the Brit Oval to host matches, and maybe even some fairly new venues from the IOC Olympic Games: London 2012 could be used. Again, should be a decent tournament.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
SkateBoarder said:
maybe even some fairly new venues from the IOC Olympic Games: London 2012 could be used. Again, should be a decent tournament.
Considering none of the Olympic venues will even come close to being a cricket field sized venue, I doubt it.

Manohar

Club Cricketer
sid_19840 said:
It would be good to have it at the Eden Gardens,a bit surprised that not a single match in the Champions Trophy is going to be held here.

May be the treatment and abuse that the Indian team received during the last one day game they played against South Africa in Eden Gardens had some influence.

YOTC said:
What a joke. The ICC bending over backwards for Asia again. My avatar couldn't be more correct.

We will be watching on TV through satellite in US and so do not care where it is going to be played.

I read that the vote was 10 to 3 in favor of Asia. If that is so what did the ICC do in bending over backwards for Asia.

genghis_khan said:
Australian and NZ facilities are far more superior, it was our turn, Asia had it in 1996...and u dont get crowd violence and riots in this part of the world!

what a load of bull.

I guess that one of the important factors is where one makes the most money. Money seems to drive a lot of things and make up for things such as superior facilities, etc.,

James219

International Cricketer
andrew_nixon said:
Think how I feel, I'll be almost 40 the next time England host the world cup.

True, but at least you can remember, and probably attended part of, the '99 World Cup held in England/Wales....

kodos

International Coach
Congratulations to all the sub-continent nations. I am slightly dissapointed that the WC won't be hosted in Australia but I don't mind Asia hosting it. Yes it is unfair that the WC isn't hosted in Aus for 20 odd years but really some Aussie fans should grow up and stop having a cry. I mean not even CA and NZC are whinging as much as you guys. Asia won fair and square, 10/13 votses is a comprehensive win to them. Those that say the Asian countries have poor facilities, I'd say by 2011 they will upgrade previous stadiums and will fund a lot of money into building greater facilities.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
SkateBoarder said:
Here are some of my views on the next few World Cup competitions and the hosts.

ICC Cricket World Cup: West Indies 2007
In my opinion, the West Indies is one of the premier places to visit and has superb facilities. The small group of islands have produced arguably the world's finest batsman in Brian Lara and have barmy fans even in the most depressing of situations. The culture is fantastic and for people in England the matches begin at the convenient time of 2:30pm. This should be a brilliant tournament.

ICC Cricket World Cup: South Asia 2011
South Asia is one of the places I least like. Not because of any racial problem, just that the temperatures are too hot and humid. The group of countries have facilities that drastically need improving and the constant whistles and roars from the fans can drive people crazy. In England, the matches start at the inconvenient time of 4:00am. However, despite my own opinions, the tournament will produce much needed revenue which could go a long way for both the sport and the people. Good luck to you.

ICC Cricket World Cup: Australia and New Zealand 2015
There is no doubt that Australia and New Zealand have some wonderful, big facilities and a pleasent climate. However, the matches can start as early as 10:45pm in England! Still, should be a decent competition.

ICC Cricket World Cup: England 2019
The start times will of course be brilliant for me, 10:30am as I live in the country! There is a cool climate here (and that's being modest!), and England will still have stadiums like Lord's and the Brit Oval to host matches, and maybe even some fairly new venues from the IOC Olympic Games: London 2012 could be used. Again, should be a decent tournament.

A good run-down of the venues. Well done SkateBoarder :clap

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I tend to disagree with Skateboarder's analysis, but what do you expect, me being Indian and he claiming all the tournaments will be fantastic, except the Asian one, which will just raise funding.

Anyway, after all this hullabaloo, people should concentrate their attention towards Windies 07. With less than a year to go to the tournament, one may soon be getting an idea of who the contenders and pretenders for the title will be.

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
I guess the mods will look after that post.

Like someone said...this thread has served its purpose...further discussions may only lead to flame wars.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Hmm, that doesn't sound like cheaterr. Or at least not unless I've confused him with someone else on the forum.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Manohar said:
May be the treatment and abuse that the Indian team received during the last one day game they played against South Africa in Eden Gardens had some influence.

Eden Gardens did not get the Champions Trophy match because they were involved in a commercial tie-up.The ICC wanted commercials-free stadia.

Manohar said:
I guess that one of the important factors is where one makes the most money. Money seems to drive a lot of things and make up for things such as superior facilities, etc.,

Definately,money is the driving factor.
Imagine how much would the ICC be making now on.
2006-India
2008-Pakistan.
The two subcontinental nations will definately add a lot.
Add the 2011 World Cup to it-as qouted by BCCI vice-president $1 million property.

I also feel sad for Nz to not to have had a major ICC tournament in the last 20 years.
They should have been awarded the Twenty-20 or the Champions Trophy for 2010.

brad352

Executive member
Topic closed before we attract more posts like the ridiculous thing I just deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread